Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - Week of 3/16

Timbo Slice

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an incredibly entertaining trainwreck. Britt taking all those crazy ass bumps, eating them like scooby snacks (I gotta assume because they were going out of time) so she could set up the next big bump was something else. The last 10 minutes after the break were worthy of a world title match and the right woman won.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

Jericho has been very committed in the past to not get cheered. I wonder if he stops using Judas as his entrance music. That would make him a babyface in my book but y'all know what I mean.

Not sure if he used it tonight, but he said he was keeping it.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-discusses-whether-or-not-he-will-retire-judas-his-entrance-theme-aew

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Punk beat MJF with an assist from Wardlow and washed his hands of the whole affair, huh? That's kinda shitty.

I have not watched yet, but Punk did not win with an assist from Wardlow, Wardlow simply refused to help MJF. Prior to that, he was giving Wardlow neck-breaking powerbombs to the point Punk wanted to rematch him and not MJF. It is absolutely fine for Punk to not get between these people's business, since they used Punk as a prop in theirs. 

5 hours ago, MoS said:

I have not watched yet, but Punk did not win with an assist from Wardlow, Wardlow simply refused to help MJF. Prior to that, he was giving Wardlow neck-breaking powerbombs to the point Punk wanted to rematch him and not MJF. It is absolutely fine for Punk to not get between these people's business, since they used Punk as a prop in theirs. 

True that. Still, it was funny people chanting for him while Wardlow got 5 people beating the shit out of him. Commentary did address how Ward has no friends to help him, a consequence of working as MJF's henchman, which is nice. 

Any reason why Punk has been absent? He vanished since the PPV, and I didn't catch any explanation by the commentary team.

They should run that building as much as possible, the crowd was great all night. Glad we’ve finally got Rosa as champion since Britt was getting pretty stale. Hardys looked real old in there with Private Party; I think Butcher and Blade would be a better match for them at this point. Moxley/Danielson continues to be fucking great and even Luchasaurus looked half decent in the opener. I wonder if we’re getting Stadium Stampede 3 with JAS vs Kingston, Santana, Ortiz and whoever else is getting involved. 

Having said that, Tony Khan has his work cut out to get Scorpio Sky over. Like, at all. This crowd popped louder for a mariachi band than they did the TNT Champion. He was the least over person in his entire segment and his first title defence saw him get his head kicked in and he only retained thanks to about 4 other people. They should have went with Ethan Page.

“Cleveland Jr lookin’ ass” was a total kill shot from Bowens, holy shit.