Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 06/08 - 06/10 Lots of fuckery tonight bubbas!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a conversation with some other wrestling friends on Discord earlier today about this. The main point of conversation was why Adam Cole keeps getting shoehorned into all of this stuff? Me personally, I feel like he's being shoved down everyone's throats and it's starting to backfire. I groan now whenever I heard his song played on either Dynamite or Rampage and I think "ughh, him again?" I get the point of him being need to kept relevant because he won the Owen Hart tournament but still, feels like he should be out of the title picture for a bit. I'd much rather see Page vs. White or Okada in a singles match.

I'd think Cole is there just to take the fall, especially now that he has one good shoulder. I get they don't want Page to get pinned in another title match, but it would be against fucking Okada, the dude New Japan has spent like a decade turning into the most important wrestler in their history. That wouldn't devaluate him.

Another possibility, one that is just for shits and giggles, is that Okada just wanted a lighter match. A triple threat would easily fix that, as he would be too knackered/not giving enough of a shit to go 100%. Everybody wins here. Except Cole. Fuck him.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:54 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I think people should just admit that they're projecting their HBK hate onto him. Especially cause he looks like him if he was shrunk in the dryer.

:lol:

I like HBK though (which makes me a minority on PWO) but I've never really gotten into Cole anywhere.

With that said, when Cole was feuding with Kyle O'Reilly in NXT toward the end of both of their runs, it really solidified for me how believable Cole is and how well he projects himself as a legit big deal. KoR, meanwhile, has the mic skills of Carrot Top and about the same level of coolness.

I get the HBK comparison, I don't take it literally. Michaels has a huge portion of wrestling fans that legit consider him one of the greatest of all time and smaller number of us that think of him as overrated (varying from "!he's good but not all time great" to "he wasn't that good after The Rockers").

Cole certainly feels that way. He gets very big responses by the paying audience and has a reputation by (I think) the majority of fans as a world class worker. And then you have a smaller number of us that find him overrated and overpushed.

I continue to say I'm an old man yelling at clouds when it comes to him because I just don't "get it" with him, while at the same time admitting I'm in the minority feeling that way.

RE: O'Reilly. I think he's fine but personally I can't get into anything he does in the ring as a singles. His strikes are mostly cringe worthy to me so when he's supposed to be this weird mix of badass and a goof I'm left very cold with him as a performer as I don't buy him as a badass at all (early 2010s Eddie Edwards effect) and his goofy stuff is not very interesting. His match with Darby was the first singles KOR match I've really enjoyed in years.

Putting Okada in a triple threat is actually the best way of protecting both his body limitations and his inability to work an original singles match, I much rather prefer that to having him work his same old shit 40-45 mins big match with [insert AEW top name here]. It gives us something new and fresh for him, the one thing he desperately has been needing since 2019.

Anyway, Hangman vs White is the best IWGP Title match they could run right now. Not only it would be a great match, but also Jay can win dirty to protect Page even more in defeat.

Didn’t watch, but looking at the results, that was the wrong main event to book, conceptually. Will Ospreay shouldn’t be losing his first match in the company (he didn’t get pinned or tap, but still), but FTR also shouldn’t be losing right now, given the streak they’re on and how often they lost when they were heels. I get that AEW is kinda in canon with everything else in wrestling, so Tony doesn’t exactly see Ospreay as someone he needs to get over with his crowd, but if you’re going to set Ospreay up as a threat for the PPV, he should at least win his first showing. 

Yeah, I don't really mind Tony being selfish in this situation. His guys are going to be sticking around.

That Rampage was as good as Dynamite was weak. All the matches were excellent (well, the Lethal/Singh squash was what it was, but as squashes go it was fine). Red Velvet might now officially be my favorite worker in the women's division--she has cool offense, she bumps and sells great, and for her experience level she's good at the little things and fundamentals to boot. 

The two best non-match aspects of this show: 1.) Just having Excalibur & Tazz on commentary, and 2.) There was one dive on the entire show, by Ospreay in the main event.

11 hours ago, C.S. said:

:lol:

I like HBK though (which makes me a minority on PWO) but I've never really gotten into Cole anywhere.

With that said, when Cole was feuding with Kyle O'Reilly in NXT toward the end of both of their runs, it really solidified for me how believable Cole is and how well he projects himself as a legit big deal. KoR, meanwhile, has the mic skills of Carrot Top and about the same level of coolness.

Carrot Top is a legendary stickman. Sororitys nationwide have Carrot Top wings.