Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 6/29 and 7/1 - Blood & Innards Is A Better Name

Timbo Slice

It's the first defense of the interim belt coming off Blood & Guts and the PPV. It's on a show where more focus will probably be on Wardlow vs Sky. It's Mox vs a Monster. House of Black might get involved. We're in a period where some stories just ended and we're waiting for the new ones to begin. Ideally, King will get some rub for being in there with the top guy and dominating for a good chunk of the match, Mox will look good in overcoming the threat, and maybe they set something up for the weeks to come out of this. It's fine. It's ok episodic weekly pro wrestling. Mox vs a big guy in a trios stable is way better than giving a way a match that means more int his slot in the TV rotation. Just like doing Page/Dante had a ton of upside when they ran it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's the first defense of the interim belt coming off Blood & Guts and the PPV. It's on a show where more focus will probably be on Wardlow vs Sky. It's Mox vs a Monster. House of Black might get involved. We're in a period where some stories just ended and we're waiting for the new ones to begin. Ideally, King will get some rub for being in there with the top guy and dominating for a good chunk of the match, Mox will look good in overcoming the threat, and maybe they set something up for the weeks to come out of this. It's fine. It's ok episodic weekly pro wrestling. Mox vs a big guy in a trios stable is way better than giving a way a match that means more int his slot in the TV rotation. Just like doing Page/Dante had a ton of upside when they ran it.

Setting aside that I hate the House of Black stuff as much as anything on AEW, my problem is the feeling that they’re just going to be vamping with Mox and the belt until Punk comes back. Maybe it’s just a case of there being too many people injured to establish a credible challenger, though, I will grant that.

It's too early to establish a credible challenger. They need the ratings help right now. They went with an interim champ instead of not having one. Isn't it better to have Mox mowing through midcarders than having talking bits or tag matches or contract signings or whatever setting up a match a month from now? If you're going to have an interim champion, have him be a fighting champ. The drama here isn't whether or not Mox is going to win but HOW he's going to win considering the size differential and the potential outside interference. The journey can be interesting too. We can have a credible challenger who might actually win in a show they build to over the next month. This match can be part of that in one way or another but you don't need to be there already.

1 hour ago, Embrodak said:

Brody King has not impressed me at all so far. Giving him the #1 contender spot feels as much like a filler “John Cena fights the monster of the month” angle as Hangman/Archer did, and we’re pretty much guaranteed as pointless and gratuitous of a blowoff match as that got with Moxley involved. 

I love monster of the month booking. What timeframes did Cena go through that? I missed a lot of WWE from the time the WCW invasion ended up until Wrestlemania XXX and would like to check that out.

11 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I love monster of the month booking. What timeframes did Cena go through that? I missed a lot of WWE from the time the WCW invasion ended up until Wrestlemania XXX and would like to check that out.

2007 as champion: January (Umaga), May-June (Great Khali), July (Lashley)

2012 non title version: February (Kane), April (Lesnar), June-July-August (Big Show)

2013: May-June (Ryback), July (Mark Henry)