Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 6/29 and 7/1 - Blood & Innards Is A Better Name

Timbo Slice

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally liked the match, with two issues. The time. Man, there’s just no reason to have a hardcore style match go this long. That kind of leads to the second problem. For three minutes when the match should be hitting its finish we go Picture in Picture and lose sound. Then a five minute break AGAIN later in the match. Frustrating.

22 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

This is where the Santana injury happened.

I wonder if the spot where Tay clocked Aubrey Edwards and opened the cage door was designed to allow staff to get Santana to the back

I don't think so, because they set up Ruby Soho's possible involvement in the pre-match video. 

That was definitely a waste of the first "heel knocks out Aubrey Edwards" moment, though.

I don't want to cast aspersions here, but Santana has put on about 50 pounds of muscle in the past couple of months. 

This was way better than the first B&G, picture in picture and ad breaks were bad, but not as awful as the first one was. I don't know what the fuck the JAS outfits were supposed to be. Like old timey ENTERTAINMENT strippers or some shit? Looked real stupid, and if they were going to bleed buckets, maybe wear a different color. 

Just now, TheDuke said:

JAS I thought was supposed to be Clockwork Orange but in red instead of white.

That and also their gimmick is being douchebag SPORTZ ENTERTAINERS so of course they will wear the most ridiculous thing possible to a Blood and Guts match,.

Thought blood and guts was just okay - unnecessarily flabby and it slowed to a crawl once Jericho went to the top, without the requisite drama to justify that pace. The Claudio/Kingston ending was clever enough but not really what I'm looking for as the culmination of a gang fight. The whole thing paled in comparison to the arena brawl.

That was a fucking great show, and the best part was OC coming out to "Jane" with the Best Friends wearing those tye dye track suits that looked like half of my tee shirts. After the PPV match with Osprey that blew everyone away, this is the start of the "serious" OC character and I'm all in.

Oh and the main event was fucking awesome. Come on, what a great blood filled spectacle . Daddy Magic dude took a beating and an assisted  blade job from Mox. And those JAS outfits were amazing. 

I thought the middle of the match dragged a bit, possibly due to Santana blowing out his knee and them needing to adjust to that. I also wish that not every one of this kind of match goes on top; it takes ages for them to climb, and the Sammy bump was not necessary In this case though, for me, it was worth it just for seeing Claudio swing Jericho on top of the cage. That was a crazy "holy shit" spot, and credit to Jericho for trusting Claudio enough to do that.

Man, Claudio is strong as fuck, and now that he is on a roster full of generally smaller guys to work with, it means we can see him press slam more fools. The finish was also clever and great storytelling, and it's nice to see more angles and storylines developing in AEW again. Christian being the swarmiest dick possible is another great one.

Claudio doing crazy ass feats of strength against smaller dudes in AEW is going to rule so hard.  Shit, he might be able to juggle the Best Friends.

Also we might seriously need to rename the Muta Scale to the 2.0 Scale. They don't fuck around when it's time to bleed.