Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/11-7/17

sek69

So, I don't watch the show, but I have been following results for Roxanne Perez because I enjoyed her as Rok-C in her short time in RoH and was curious how WWE would use her.

Anyway, can someone explain to me why in a show seemingly overloaded with heels anyway, they would turn her partner (who seemed to be over as a babyface) while they are holding the tag titles?

Is this the standard wwe "all women are catty bitches" trope, swerves for the sake of swerves booking, or is there actually something that I would have missed only reading recaps that has lead up to this?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this sounds conspiracy like but I am convinced that the WWE just wants to eliminate the idea of women's tag team championships.  Regardless of main roster or NXT.  At least for a year or so when they think people will forget about Sasha Banks.  Maybe I am wrong and they will do something since they are still champions or there is a title change next week.  Probably back to Toxic Attraction

The idea of Cora Jade heel isn't that bad given how the crowd was starting to turn on her.  but why put the title on them last week just to break them down THE NEXT WEEK.   Just turn on her last week.

Also I guess the main reason we learned why Cora doesn't ride a skateboard more than 5 feet is because the one she uses if just cheap plastic or paper with a couple wheels on it.   If you are going to use it as a weapon maybe not use one that breaks before impact

2 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

It's what they do so I'm not going to overthink the creative decisions they make. Also I know someone in WWE has a subscription to IWTV to give A-Kid that dopey gimmick.

Yeah part of me watched that online and wished the ending of it was "But you can call me R.A.L.P.H"   ;)   Yeah I watch too much of that streaming service

8 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Is this the standard wwe "all women are catty bitches" trope,

As much as I hate to say it, I think we might owe Vince Russo an apology. Everyone blames him for that but it's been going strong in WWE for like nearly 30 years after he left. 

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

WWE: We still suck, but now we suck with cussing, blood and scantily clad women. Plus now with even MORE scatological non-humor! 

I mean.... it did work pretty well the last time they did it after a generation of being family friendly (by WWE standards). 

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Dolph Ziggler will become the number one bleeder in this country. 

Also this means Lesnar vs Reigns LMS will also be TV-14, right? Shiet.

Dolph?

Watch Cody destroy the Muta Scale when he returns at the Royal Rumble!

48 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I mean.... it did work pretty well the last time they did it after a generation of being family friendly (by WWE standards). 

There's no way they push the envelope that far this time, I don't imagine.  Even though TV has become a lot less PG in general since the Attitude Era, I don't see a lot of that risque stuff flying now.  People are too easily offended, and any kind of public backlash would screw with their stock price, and you know they're not having that. Besides, my main point in making that snide comment is that their creative is terrible right now in WWE.  Adding a risque element isn't going to make the creative any better. It's just going to make it bad creative but with more swearing/booty shorts/whatever.

Now the TV-14 era is being pushed back, seems like there's a tug of war going on. I would imagine USA is pushing for it for the reasons I stated above, and WWE probably doesn't really want to blow up all the work they've done getting respectable sponsors who were thinking they are still doing Attitude Era stuff in 2022. 

It was pretty much just A Show.

I'm getting caught up with everything this weekend, and the Heyman/Theory interaction made me think Paul E probably gave that same speech to about a dozen people in ECW back in the day.