Pro Wrestling Only

WWE SummerSlam 2022

Coffey

This SummerSlam card might legitimately be the worst card on paper I've ever seen in WWE. 

I will say though, two things: 1. when the card looks weak on paper, the show usually over performs & 2. there might be a couple of cool surprises tonight. Hoping for Bayley to return & we find out whomever that secret person is. Which all indications are it's just Edge again but at least we'll get confirmation.

The card: 

Logan Paul vs. The Miz
Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory
Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin

The Mysterios (Dominik Mysterio and Rey Mysterio) vs. The Judgment Day (Damian Priest and Finn Bálor) (with Rhea Ripley)
The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) (Jeff Jarrett special guest referee)
Bianca Belair (c) vs. Becky Lynch 
Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Brock Lesnar - Last Man Standing match

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what dudes, for some reason they are showing Summerslam live on TV here for ZERO DIMES, and I'm just sitting here with a baby so why the fuck not.

Becky vs. Bianca ruled, I liked it a lot. I take it down a star because they opened with a collar and elbow and didn't do a big nearfall to play off the 30 sec deal from last year. But I liked the aggression and the escalation. Bianca is something else. Countering a rana into a powerbomb is one thing, but doing the deadlift counter after the guy has already flipped down and crossed their ankles, damn. Loved the final few minutes, it escalated really well and finished on the perfect note.

BAYLEY! DAKOTA! IO SHIRAI!

Holy shit, Papa Hunter is going to get another fruit basket!

That instantly makes the women's scene a thousand times more interesting. I can't believe they convinced Io to stay. They all must really love Hunter. Bringing Becky back to face seems like the right move too.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Redman said:

I can't believe they convinced Io to stay.

It makes sense, she didn't fit in the new direction of NXT 2.0 and Vince didn't see her as main roster material. That obstacle is gone and the guy who was behind her biggest push is in charge of creative. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I love that they are going fully cornball with MMM.

Max 

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

looks absolutely miserable and not into the gimmick at all.

So I can kind of see Vince's point - assuming any of that nonsense was true in the first place (which I seriously doubt).

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Or, do they have him fail the cash in and the Theory push slows down a little?

This would be ideal for me. His push never made much sense to me. There's a lot better options, imo.

I can't take Judgment seriously. Too many spooky things in wrestling nowadays. Just comes off as cornball to me. Like they're Cenobites or something. I feel the same way about the House of Black. Think that stable gimmick hurts Brody more than helps him. 

EDIT: Hey, who is that ref? She's new to me!

Anyone else catch Dom taking a second to look at the crowd and take it all in? It was awesome. Makes me like him even more. I've been a Dom fan since the house show where I saw him just channel Ricky Morton as the Bloodline beat him up for what felt like 10 straight minutes. The crowd totally fell in love with him and the hot tag blew the roof off.