Pro Wrestling Only

WWE SummerSlam 2022

Coffey

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan Paul vs. Miz was a fun spectacle, but it did give me this weird feeling as well.

First of all, why is Logan Paul a babyface?

It feels like famous people stopping by has now become this arms race of Which Celeb Can Do The Most Cool Wrestling Movez. I guess it's a little different with Logan if he's signed up and going to wrestle regularly, but this seems like the end point of that idea. He basically worked a regular match like any fully trained wrestler would. Which on one hand is hey, impressive, and he's athletic and talented, and he seems to get the little stuff already too. But on the other hand, like, if a Youtube kid can walk in and out-wrestle half the people on the roster... what's so impressive about being a wrestler? How hard is a frogsplash to the fucking floor through a fucking table if a random can apparently just turn up and do it in their first match?

It's Shane McMahon the Wrestler on steroids. And I fucking hate Shane McMahon the wrestler for this exact reason.

I guess it fits this post-everything world that WWE currently exists in, but it's not doing it for me. I'm just imagining a scenario in which Floyd Mayweather works Wrestlemania and starts doing lucha reversals and Michinoku Drivers instead of... being himself. Isn't Logan Paul a boxer? Or into MMA? (Or is that his brother? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but he must be in shape for a reason?) Why isn't he dancing around the ring shadow boxing acting like the douche that he is? But he has to be a face, right, because he's going to get cheered for showing off all the cool movez he learned at wrestling camp!

I blame Snooki.

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Per Dave, Logan wanted to be a babyface when he signed and WWE didn't want to rock the boat with a famous person who wanted to be there.

Also, it worked. Crowd was 100% behind Logan Paul by the end of the match. It's really astounding WWE's booking has been so trash for so long yet they were able to get LOGAN PAUL over as a face.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

My WWE conspiracy mind is running an idea that Theory cashes in and wins, then gets destroyed for the belts at the UK PPV.

That's my guess too.

Roman vs. Brock is a Last Man Standing Match. They're both knocked out. Boom! Theory cashes in.