Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/08 - 08/14 It's the Summer of Karrion Krok

KawadaSmile

Ever since, I don't know, it was before Karrion Kross' run - has NXT been worth watching, like, at all? It has completely fell off a cliff. I like Bron. I like Nikita. But the show just feels like it happens in a vacuum & if you miss it, you don't miss anything. It's like the equivalent to missing SMW or something. It now feels like NXT UK in that it exists but no one seems to really care. Like NWA Powerrr.

They should move up like five people & take it off TV. Turn it back into a developmental territory. Their attempt to take over the Indie world of wrestling with NXT failed.

Gigi Dolin in a star. Bron Breaker is obviously great. Nikita Lyons is great. It kind of reminds me of Tyler Bate in NXT UK when he had that breakout performance in the UK tournament... and then he never went anywhere because they kept tagging him with Trent Seven & he grew a beard & disappeared. Just squandered. That's what's going to happen to the stars in current NXT if they stay there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Turn it back into a developmental territory. Their attempt to take over the Indie world of wrestling with NXT failed.

But that's what it is right now, though. Most of the names you listed are very young to the business - I don't think Bron has one year of experience under his belt. It does feature some big indie names like Cameron Grimes and Roddy Strong but they are still being used to develop much less experienced talent.

14 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

It's cool that Hunter is giving some of his folks their jobs back....

But Hit Row without Swerve..... Why?

Not gonna lie, I marked out for their return. Yeah not having Swerve is a loss, but the others all have a lot of potential. Plus they got done so dirty the last time that it felt good seeing them get a real chance to shine.

40 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

But Hit Row without Swerve..... Why?

Because in a world where Vince actually liked Hit Row, AJ Francis (Top Dolla) would've supplanted Swerve as the leader within weeks - and rightfully so IMO.

Swerve comes across as an indie, good in the ring, good hand, ROH type. 

Francis, with seasoning and experience, can actually become a star

39 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Francis, with seasoning and experience, can actually become a star

B-Fab too, IMO. Ashante is pretty charismatic and at the very least he can be the Buddy Roberts guy who's entertaining and there to take the fall. 

Also I love seeing the IC title getting the treatment the US title did on Raw. One advantage to Hunter being in charge is he'll try to make the secondary titles mean something again. You know young Hunter growing up in New England watched them Boston Garden shows where the IC title match was the second most important thing on the card.