Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV - Week of 8-15

Timbo Slice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I figure some more NXT Notalgia acts will make their return.

Not that I have a problem with HHH bringing guys back every week but I wonder how long he is going to use this card. Nick Kahn was releasing guys for budget cuts supposedly and now you have Hunter signing guys back and bringing them to the main shows. It's fun but you could look at it as a lazy booking tactic to keep atleast a certain section of the Audience engaged so good on him. Hunter running NXT always came across for the most part like he was get over with the internet fans and the diehards. I want to see how this goes by the time the next major PPV like Survivor Series comes around 

Have to say so far the post Vince era has been a breath of fresh air. We may not be getting everything changed that we would like, but right now WWE programming fresher than it's been in ages. Everyone seems to have new life breathed into them and it's nice to see people who don't look and sound like they had all the joy berated out of them.

Also all the effort being put into rehabbing the secondary titles makes me wonder if the plan should be to make them the top titles of each show, the US title for USA and the IC title for Fox, and then they can be like the top territory title when the world champ isn't around. That way they can stay with the single world champ and not have the silly dueling WWE/Universal champions. 

Didn't they used to "tank" the third hour because ratings would drop off regardless, making the end of the second hour the "main event"? I was thinking during Ziggler/Theory that this was a decidedly mid-card match, and thought back to when Hogan would leave at half-time, making the Killer Bees vs Rougeaus or such the "main event".

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's been mostly good, but I just don't understand having Theory/Ziggler as your main event when AJ/Lasher was the better choice.

I was thinking the exact same thing myself. It’s not his fault, but Dolph is pretty much ruined at this point, as far as I am concerned. I can’t take him seriously. I don’t even know how they could salvage his character now. I just can’t buy him as a top name, he’s been habitually devalued too long. And I am highly unconvinced that Theory has “it” as well.

Not from this week, but I caught that Karrion Kross promo from last week, just abysmal. I get they may have been sending a message to the roster by bringing him back, but he’s like a fifth as good at Bray Wyatt’s schtick as Bray Wyatt is and that shit hasn’t made sense since like 2014, and even then, just barely. And he’s not even as good as Bray Wyatt in the ring, and Bray Wyatt is average in the ring unless he’s working with a top-tier talent like Danielson. Vince was an idiot to put him in fetish gear when he has that killer entrance with his hot wife, but Trips is a hack if he thinks it’s a good idea to keep doing “cryptic creepy guy” to ever diminishing returns. The entrance will sell T-shirts, bruh, no need to gild the lily.

The picture went black for a few seconds when Mandy Rose had Stark on top of the announce table, so I'm not sure if something too violent for Sportsnet in Canada happened there or something else they didn't want us to see. It went black a couple times after the break as well.

Those NXT fans were really excited just to see a letter Dexter Lumis apparently sent to Indi

6 hours ago, TheDuke said:

The picture went black for a few seconds when Mandy Rose had Stark on top of the announce table, so I'm not sure if something too violent for Sportsnet in Canada happened there or something else they didn't want us to see. It went black a couple times after the break as well.

Those NXT fans were really excited just to see a letter Dexter Lumis apparently sent to Indi

She bounced Stark's bad knee off the table so hard she went flying, it was kind of more comical than violent IMO. 

Also the picture going black seems to happen in women's matches a lot, I assume it's to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions from making air.