Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - October 18/21, 2022

MoS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I always watch in delay these days, there it went again with the "OH NO !" as I had avoided spoilers. AEW can't seem to catch a break. Great job by the ref though. Glad Page is doing okay. Hopefully it doesn't get bad long-term for him.

Apart from that, it was a pretty great show, from the dynamic opener to the MIND-BLOWING MJF/Regal segment, a really good Shida vs Storm match with the super cool return from Riho (who's still probably the best worker in the division, and always gets herself over), Dalton Castle who really looked strong against Jericho.

Willow signing ! Yep, she's gonna be one of them. She's can't miss.

I watched the Athena match on Dark that has people worked up. Talk about a tempest in a teapot. Nothing that took place in that match was outside the bounds of what happens in a normal AEW match. Say what you want about the dump to the outside spot, but Athena's been doing it at least since NXT.

Bryan Alvarez said everyone who sent him clips of the match likened it to Perry Saturn vs. Mike Bell, which is a ludicrous comparison. For one thing, Saturn dumping Bell to the floor head-first was a million times more reckless than anything in the Dark match. Also, the backstories couldn't be more different. Saturn lost his cool and started beating the shit out a jobber legit because of a couple of blown spots. Athena delivered stiff but professional blows to her opponent to get the crowd into the match when they realized the jobber had the support of her hometown crowd.

Brian James making a fool out of himself in the process. A normal day at the office.

Dutch, I'm disappointed about. I thought he was smarter than this. Untrained "wrestler", complete with quotation marks, really now ? Maybe he's gonna end up in Bray Wyatt's new family or something....