Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/07 - 11/13 Roman broke his knee and made him humble

KawadaSmile

6 hours ago, C.S. said:

I really thought Mia Yim was AEW-bound. It seemed like a logical assumption. After all, most people want to be with their spouse.

The sad thing is, if Tony didn't treat the women's division so poorly, she probably would have.

She was WWE bound pretty much as soon as her IMPACT stint was over (which was excellent, tons of fun to watch here there, and she talked about how that really revived her love for the game too). Triple H is bringing back as much of his NXT people as he can. 

Yeah, one year ago I would have said the same thing about Mia in AEW, and obviously I'd rather have her at a place I actually watch, but considering the overall booking, ya know... the "she would be used so much better in AEW" argument has kinda sailed. That's kinda sad actually. Speaking of IMPACT, and of course it's much easier to book when you have less people and are not in a ratings war, but the way the present their female talent is amazingly better than AEW. What they did with Mia is another exemple. Everyone has a very definite character, a definite spot, they use vignettes (and they do an awesome job at it, really great production with their budget), they do good backstage angles, give promo time, match time to everyone of them. But anyway. Good for Mia I guess.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always got the impression there was some kind of issue going on with her and AEW, even before Keith went there people were thinking she would show up at some point and she just.... didn't. When Keith signed people just kind of assumed it was a done deal she'd show up and again, nothing. For some reason there just seemed to be no interest there whether it was on her side or theirs. 

Impact seems to have embraced its role as a low pressure place to go to get things back on track, and it's actually good for the business that a place like that exists. Especially when WWE was in cost cutting mode, it was nice for people to have a place to land since Impact is basically going to outlast all human life as we know it.

Also based on the post show interview WWE put on their Youtube page, it seems like the main event angle was indeed supposed to be Lashley's heel turn. 

14 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Impact seems to have embraced its role as a low pressure place to go to get things back on track, and it's actually good for the business that a place like that exists.

This. 

So, Paul is actually doing Wargames at SS. Since this is topical, with the NWA talk and all (plus the sportswashing) I wonder if they will do a women only PPV again. It's not like it matters one bit now in term of how much people watch it or not, it costs them nothing to actually do it. It's been 4 years now. Both NWA and IMPACT have done it last year. It's not like WWE doesn't have the talent.

I can see both WWE and Impact doing it again, since both of their shows were pretty well received. Plus Paul was obviously big on pushing the women in NXT so I would imagine there wouldn't need to be the arm twisting that previously needed to be required. 

I dunno if WWE will bother doing it again. I mean, they still need Becky, Sasha and Naomi to come back. They had Nikkisawa (who's pretty dam great) previously. I think it would take them some time building more names up to generate more interest.

Regarding the ending angle: yes, I know the point was to turn Seth face, Lashley heel, and get rid of the MitB gimmick. But if Lasher accepts an open challenge, why beat Rollins so much that he can't even have the match? Why would Theory cash in on the US Title? Why would Lashley even bother beating Theory's ass? I guess Bobby does end up looking like one big asskicker, but still...

As for the WOH GAMES match, it's got to be Alexa/Asuka/Bianca/Mia(??)/??? vs Damage Control/Nikki Cross/Rhea, right?

31 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I dunno if WWE will bother doing it again. I mean, they still need Becky, Sasha and Naomi to come back. They had Nikkisawa (who's pretty dam great) previously. I think it would take them some time building more names up to generate more interest.

Wasn't the big issue last time WWE did it is that no one watched it? It's hard to build up that interest for an all women's PPV. That was, of course, before they had women main event a Wrestlemania but still, you have to have reasons for matches to happen. You can't just be like "oh, well, we need to fill out the card, so here's three matches with no story or heat." WWE certainly have a ton of women with talent. With how WWE Network works, you don't even have to try to sell PPVs anymore either. I think that big thing that WWE needs to stop doing is bringing back people like Trish Stratus & Lita all the time. Your current group of women are infinitely better - don't make them play second fiddle to old stars from yesterday. Also, don't put Stephanie McMahon's name & fingers all over it. No one gives a fuck about her.

Speaking of WWE women, where the Hell has Charlotte Flair been? Seems like she's been gone forever.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Also, don't put Stephanie McMahon's name & fingers all over it. 

Odds of this happening : 0%

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Speaking of WWE women, where the Hell has Charlotte Flair been? Seems like she's been gone forever.

Probably still enjoying her life with Andrade. Don't worry, she'll be around to win the Rumble. :D

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

So Survivor Series is going to be in Boston.....hmmm, wonder if there's any Boston natives who could be one of the conveniently open two spaces on the babyface side who could make a big return in front of a hometown crowd.

You don’t mean…

The Duke of Dorchester himself is coming back?!

DE92F44D-1D4D-4FFF-98D4-420821BD1B68.jpeg

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Regarding the ending angle: yes, I know the point was to turn Seth face, Lashley heel, and get rid of the MitB gimmick. But if Lasher accepts an open challenge, why beat Rollins so much that he can't even have the match? Why would Theory cash in on the US Title? Why would Lashley even bother beating Theory's ass? I guess Bobby does end up looking like one big asskicker, but still...

As for the WOH GAMES match, it's got to be Alexa/Asuka/Bianca/Mia(??)/??? vs Damage Control/Nikki Cross/Rhea, right?

I assume that Candice is gonna complete the babyface team.

53 minutes ago, sek69 said:

You ever see those episodes of Prime Time that had matches from the old Boston Garden that the Duke did commentary on? That was something to behold. 

No, I have never seen those shows. I saw him wrestle a bunch of times back in the day, but I never had the pleasure of hearing him on commentary. I know he was pretty much the king of the Boston Garden prelims. What was he like on commentary?

23 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

The treatment of Theory is utterly bizarre. Have we gotten any dirt sheet speculation as to why HHH seems to have it in for him? Does he believe the #SpeakingOut accusations, or was he just an arrogant young guy who was perceived as needing to be humbled?

I think it's just Theory was a Vince Guy and Hunter doesn't see it. 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

I mean, he was the doofy jock "brother" in the Way family, which isn't too far off from how he's presented now.

It's a fun role.

I'm kind of sad Theory didn't seem doing those banana peel cash-in attempts for a few more months where he'd get his ass knocked out before he could officially give up his briefcase. Those were fun in a Looney Tunes sort of way.

Cashing in for the U.S. Title - and losing - seems so monumentally dumb and boring.

I'm almost hoping Theory finds some sort of loophole to regain the briefcase.

To be fair, the whole idea of Money in the Bank was kind of pointless since you know they weren't having anyone beat Roman. They painted themselves into a corner where he'd have to go after a secondary title and make him look lesser than anyone else who's cashed in.