Pro Wrestling Only

FTR with Dax Harwood and Matt Koon

14 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I can see why Dax and Punk get along so well. They both seem to be very passionate guys who seem like an absolute pain in the ass to be around on a regular basis. I appreciate Dax carrying the torch for tag team wrestling when it seemed like no one in charge of pro wrestling gave a shit about it, but he also comes off as the type who will jump headfirst into every discussion about it no matter if it involved him or not and that gets exhausting as fuck real fast. 

We should invite him for GWE2026

On 1/17/2023 at 5:13 PM, The Thread Killer said:

Big time. He’s already briefly mentioned The Hart Foundation vs. Brain Busters at Summerslam 89, they should do a watch-along on that one.

It’s a shame Matt Koon is such a choade. This show would be so much better with Sean Oliver, Jon Alba or even Conrad himself. Could be worse I guess. Could be Paul Bromwell or (shudder) Casio Kid.

I think Dax does a good job of not taking the bait on Koon's transparent shit stirring. Not sure Conrad would be much better unless they were doing watch-a-longs. Oliver would be fun for the 80s matches ("you know, Cornette said on Timeline that...").

• 2 months later...

They announced this podcast is done, as of today. They claim AEW and Tony Khan did not ask them to end it, but Dax says the podcast was not accomplishing what he had hoped it would. He said the podcast was bringing heat on himself and especially Cash Wheeler, and he didn’t want to do that. He read a text message from Cash supporting him.

Harwood has been very open about his own mental health issues, and he basically said that the podcast wasn’t doing much for his mental health either, due to the level of hate it was causing to be aimed at him. 

So…looks like that’s that, I guess. Probably the smart decision.

It was inevitable. It was only a matter of time before he upset enough people that it would limit his opportunities and reflect poorly on his place of employment. It's a shame because Dax was one of the few people who was willing to engage on topics fans were interested in but it was clearly doing more harm than good.

I can't help but feel that things really came to ahead with Meltzer's accusations that Dax was painting The Elite into a corner but I'll accept if it wasn't that situation it would likely be another.

The strangest thing to come out of this is that Dax was so vulnerable on the podcast, nobody came off looking worse in his stories than Dax. From being incredibly thin-skinned to insecure, Dax painted himself as a prickly guy to work with.

Meh. The big trend of people announcing, amplifying, and dissecting their traumas and insecurities will always be instant repellant for me. So I tuned out awhile back. As interesting as it is to hear about some more modern stuff, I can only hear so many times about his anxieties or body dysmorphia or whatever.

I stopped listening to Matt Hardy's when I realized there was no escaping Alba's constant references to mental health. It's just this widespread wave everyone is riding right now.

I encourage everyone to explore their options and get whatever help they need. But playing the victim for every little stress or problem that arises in life is just... I don't know. Self-indulgent and gross? Yeah.

Oh. But I will say this... Dax's tequila tasting segment is total pretentious heel heat with me. Now that's a character worth portraying. Sipping a beverage and describing the flavor like "mmm, tastes like a slow sunset on the front porch" or whatever the fuck he says week to week is tremendous.