Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/13 - 03/19 BIG NEWS

KawadaSmile

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Meltzer said on WOR that Bray's absence wasn't due to creative issues and the Mania match is still on. Sorry about your damn luck, Bobbo. Then again, maybe he made a deal with the Devil that has allowed him to look exactly the same for the past two decades and now the bill is coming due.

Two things have been in my head with all this. First, is I can't see Bobby losing at Mania to Wyatt and all his horseshit. Maybe it's cause he's Denver's own, but it's also because he's been booked so dominant for a couple of years. They just had Brock nut shot him to get DQ'd cause he was going to tap out to the Hurt Lock. I don't think they're just waving that away.

Second, Did I miss something? Like seriously does Bray have that much creative control? Someone at a higher pay grade is signing off on this or " hampering his creative vision"  by writing it with him.  Ah, I could go on and on. I know the Wyatt thing is to create a new Taker type character, and that's why I smell Pritchard in all this.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

2. Did I miss something? Like seriously does Bray have that much creative control? Someone at a higher pay grade is signing off on this or " hampering his creative vision"  by writing it with him.  Ah, I could go on and on. I know the Wyatt thing is to create a new Taker type character, and that's why I smell Pritchard in all this.

I would guess Hunter thinks there's something there since he brought him back? On one hand I can see why they'd give him a little bit of rope since apparently he's a big merch seller, but I think deep down everyone has to know that not only does everything screech to a halt when a match starts but it also definitively hurts anyone put in a program with. 

Also now having read your post I'm absolutely shocked we've never had Brother Love end up a character in the Wyattverse. 

Bray would be fine if he inhabited a self-contained universe and feuded exclusively with cornballs like LA Knight and Karrion Kross. Like Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones' Army, but with Lore. Under no circumstances should he ever he pitted against guys billed as no-nonsense serious fighters. Either they look like goofs selling for the puppets and Uncle Howdy or they no-sell it and kill his supernatural aura.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Bray would be fine if he inhabited a self-contained universe and feuded exclusively with cornballs like LA Knight and Karrion Kross. Like Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones' Army, but with Lore. Under no circumstances should he ever he pitted against guys billed as no-nonsense serious fighters. Either they look like goofs selling for the puppets and Uncle Howdy or they no-sell it and kill his supernatural aura.

This. And the thing is, I think WWE has plenty of guys at a level where they're not seriously going to be pushed as top guys and can be used in a Wyatt feud without really burning anything. Like, let Baron Corbin be his foil for two months. There's obviously some business value to Wyatt's stuff, you just need to keep it from burning your other assets.

2 hours ago, Embrodak said:

LA Knight ain’t no goofball, it’s a crying shame that he’s been set up so thoroughly for failure with as much talent as he has.

Don’t really understand how anybody is a Ricky Starks fan but thinks LA Knight sucks; extremely similar performers imo!

I agree. Both are extremely comfortable on the mic and draw from the same sources. LA Knight is more of a body guy, Ricky is younger and wrestles like the newer generation, but both are great assets to any roster and can easily sell you on any program.

On the other hand, I'd argue that Knight is one of the few people to walk away from a Bray Wyatt feud unscathed. His catchphrases are over and he was inserted into the IC title picture without much issue.

I always liked L.A. Knight. Every criticism comes down to he is does things that are popular and over with the crowd in PROFRESSIONAL Wrestling. What a crime?

What has always sank him when in orbit of WWE is having a star mentality - pushy, forceful etc. Instead of doing the Bruce Prichard to Vince "what if we do this instead" routine. 

Knight apparently got a huge babyface reaction at MSG last weekend. Things have changed in WWE. But the Garden is still the Garden.

The true challenge for Knight for is cutting THAT promo that truly connects with the fanbase. That escapes he's just doing a Austin/Rock impression criticism.