Pro Wrestling Only

World Wrestling Federation

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The figures have been a weekly highlight. It must be a fun hobby. 

All roads lead to Hogan and Savage in the cage. It'll be very interesting to see which path you take here. 

The Bulldogs have some serious momentum going in the tournament. I was picking the Rockers but now I'm not so sure.

I wonder what's going on with Rotunda, Sullivan and the Steiners. I'm hoping we get the Varsity Club. 

The house shows have been a fun addition. It gives us an inside look at the pecking order. 

Martel is taking some beatings and might want to be more open to Tito's kindness. 

I really want to see Muta rise to the top here. He could be a great IC champ. 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, LastStopTour said:

The flying Muta is the spectacular shot in all of this. Modern photography catching him just at the right moment flying off the ropes!

I love that picture, and also the one from Providence with The Big Bossman where Slick is distracting the ref.

2 hours ago, LastStopTour said:

I do have to say, if I did this, I think I would get some peculiar looks from my wife and kids.

What momma don’t know won’t hurt her… plus it’s nice to have a garage. My wife actually give me props and thinks it looks cool even though she has no clue what’s going on. 

it’s actually easier for me to put the guys out and book a show than to write anymore.

usually take about 15 min a show… bigger shows take longer as I add more to the sets

3 hours ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

What momma don’t know won’t hurt her… plus it’s nice to have a garage. My wife actually give me props and thinks it looks cool even though she has no clue what’s going on. 

it’s actually easier for me to put the guys out and book a show than to write anymore.

usually take about 15 min a show… bigger shows take longer as I add more to the sets

I got strange enough looks trying to describe to her what I was always writing. The funny thing is that she used to work for the WWF.

The 12 year old likes to take the books I use for plotting things out and calls them "Man Diaries". She has no clue what I am writing.

10/9 Superstars of Wrestling w/ Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

IMG_4018Small.jpeg.9f435044dcc345f4159062b17df00215.jpeg

SuperStars of Wrestling opens with Vince ad Jesse pumping up the crowd as we’ve got two huge tag team matches tonight in the US Tag Tournament. It is the Bulldogs vs the Rougeaus and the Rockers vs The Twin Towers. The winners will face off at Saturday Night’s Main Evet for the US tag Titles! Plus tonight, Randy Savage will be on the Brother Love show and have a big surprise for Hulk Hogan. We’ll also see Demolition, Tito Santana, Haku, Bad News Brown, and much more… but right now we kick things off with the Ultimate Warrior!!!

IMG_4019Small.jpeg.3834ee15ca1fa9e5b67be5796868c116.jpeg

The Ultimate Warrior beats the hell out of Gill Jacobson. He nails the bit shoulder block to build up to a press slam and then a big splash for the 3-count! During th contest… Jesse says he is the Ultimate Maniac while Vince puts him over as a top contender. They get into a nice little squabble about Muta vs Warrior and who has the power of the paint?!

IMG_4020Small.jpeg.aa07ded9f6eaab721d6dc432e1665f2b.jpeg

IMG_4021Small.jpeg.b505fd5a2a721bb247326f8d43ba8944.jpeg

Haku w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Shea Rodrigo via the Savat Kick to the throat. Vince and Jesse talk about Haku being perhaps the most dangerous man in the WWF. We’ll see if he can get some gold in the Heenan Family!

IMG_4022Small.jpeg.dafe190469c7302a91dcde1201e1f10b.jpeg

IMG_4023Small.jpeg.0d587181a89d0b65a75d0803e68c87ae.jpeg

US TAG TITLE TOURNAMENT
The Bulldogs vs the Rougeaus w/ Jimmy Hart
Big time match with a shot at the US tag titles on the line… and both teams give it their all. For a television match… these guys go about 15-minutes and the Rougeaus get some great heat. The finish sees Jimmy get involved and grab Davey Boy who goes out of the ring after him. This leaves Dynamite for the Rougeaus and a nasty double rib breaker for the 3-count!

IMG_4024Small.jpeg.ac4954aeef0fc2660c807ac0c280a6ac.jpeg

IMG_4025Small.jpeg.ffd130913cd78edf26b6d8a3bc842cc5.jpeg

IMG_4026Small.jpeg.1de51b5d192ccbcb3986c6a8f920f664.jpeg

Demolition defeated Mike Jones & Mac Fredricks via the Decapitation device. During the match, Jesse wonders who could beat the Demolition and thinks the Twin Towers could… Vince says that the issue with Powers of Pain is still not settled. We hear from Fuji who puts over the feud in a big way and says he will be the one to demolish DEMOLITION!

IMG_4027Small.jpeg.b31397cad0f32d3029ad7de9611e8c9c.jpeg

IMG_4028Small.jpeg.5198e08958173c52955314ad9f590c4a.jpeg

Brother Love: This week on Brother Love… he has the Macho Man as his special guest. Savage comes out in full regalia… but his message tonight is a little different. Savage states that he has asked his court and now he must get the advice of the chief advisor himself… he wants to welcome out… BOBBY THE BRAIN HEENAN! Heenan and Savage laugh and gush it up while they talk about the unity of the Heenan Family and the Reign of Madness. Heenan says that the Family is at his full disposal and the one thing they both have in common is the destruction of Hulk Hogan! Heenan says that as one of the most loyal supporters to the Macho Man… he will accompany him to the ring at Saturday Night’s Main Event and it will be the event of all times when the Macho Man defeats Hulk Hogan… Destroys Hulkamania… and gets the WWF Championship as the CROWN JEWEL!

IMG_4029Small.jpeg.9f7b84cf47ae5459fb43f6850755b132.jpeg

IMG_4030Small.jpeg.eef12d630fa2c36e918d1c5fe9833c15.jpeg

IMG_4031Small.jpeg.63f561221bead286a32db9bd89bbb3bd.jpeg

US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
The Rockers vs The Twin Towers w/ Slick
This one has some big time heat… sees like a couple of months ago these two teams were on top of WCW but now we see them fighting for their survival in the WWF. Bossman just looks like a fuckin monster… he beats the hell out of both men. Gang is so damn good and he shows off his strength and size. Marty and Shawn… well they aren’t giving up yet… they come with some big time shots and tag team maneuvers that quicken the pace. We do get some chaos here and the referee is losing all control. Slick is trying to get involved but out of the back comes Hacksaw Jim Duggan! Duggan comes down and nails Slick with a big right hand. The Bossman goes for a shot with the night stick but Michaels moves and Gang gets nail… the Rockers with a superkick sending Bossman out of the ring… then another big double superkick on Gang and they both cover for the 3-count! The Rockers are the winners…. The Rockers will face the Rougeaus at Saturday Night’s Main Event for the US TAG TITLES!

IMG_4032Small.jpeg.0ef520515b01d8657b4086726e846699.jpeg

IMG_4033Small.jpeg.b52e39d2aeb93bb0ae178797b7d1306f.jpeg

IMG_4034Small.jpeg.f7b691f15b1704ada9fe368a0d80a6ad.jpeg

10/16 Prime Time Wrestling w/ Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan

IMG_4086Small.jpeg.69aa232b7f5019c731bd55920018fb3f.jpeg

Prime Time opens with Gorilla and Bobby Heenan at the set and Heenan is laughing up a storm. Gorilla points out how everyone saw Bobby Heenan align himself with Randy Savage… will you be in his corner at  Saturday Night’s Main Event?  Heenan says he will be keeping a very close eye on things…

IMG_4087Small.jpeg.2395995310a1a6184094eb27efccaff0.jpeg

Terry Taylor defeated Tom Watkins

Inset interview with Brutus Beefcake and he talks about facing Terry Taylor at SNME. He says that he has the blades cut and ready for a nice trimming!

Gorilla and Bobby put over SNME and talk about the card. We’re going to see the big cage match but we’ll also see the US tag champions crowned when the Rockers take on the Rougeau Brothers. Brutus Beefcake and Terry Taylor will go one on one and perhaps one of them will leave without their hair!

IMG_4088Small.jpeg.40784bbeaaab0a1510d3832f652f96da.jpeg

The Steiner Brothers defeated Rocky Shaw & Chael Reese

Inset interview from Kevin Sullivan… he puts over Mike Rotundo as one of the greatest collegiate athletes of all times. He says the Steiner Brothers have both got talent… but they are missing the killer instinct… that is what Sullivan wants to give them. He tells Rick to trust his gut and tell his younger brother to come to the Varsity Club!

Gorilla and Bobby put over the tag team division and announce that at the Survivor Series… we’re going to see a special tag team survivor match… two teams… 5 tag teams on each side… 10 men on each team… 20 men in the ring… complete chaos! Heenan says that he has got the perfect team to take on Demolition… Rude and Bundy… we’ll see em later! Gorilla pushes Heenan on whether or not Hercules is with the Heenan Family and Bobby says yes… but he’s on a short leash!

IMG_4089Small.jpeg.6c9076c15c441fdd65bd26aedf64f294.jpeg

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Connor Simpson

IMG_4094Small.jpeg.04ac95e7c42f63f7f092060b3067f405.jpeg

We’re back with the event center… we find out that Brother Love is going to host a live celebration after the match on SNME for the Macho Man! He is going to have balloons… streamers… it is going to be amazing! Mean Gene wonders how that is going to go over with the fans. One new face that is turning every head he sees… Hacksaw Jim Duggan! Hacksaw recently had an issue with the Bossman and One Man Gang… here’s what the Slickster had to say…

IMG_4093Small.jpeg.ea1614df0f6a4832cddcfa610d6da2f4.jpeg

Slick puts over the Twin Towers and how they are the absolute cream of the crop in the WWF and just because ol Hacksaw got involved… the Towers are now on the hunt… they are coming to cut some lumber and they’re going to chop Hacksaw down to size and give him some real law and order… and JUSTICE!

Gene continues to put over SNME. We’ll also see a special Intercontinental Championship match with Rick Martel defending against Dino Bravo!

IMG_4095Small.jpeg.c067390cba77df5f764472b2aea9d82e.jpeg

Bravo and Jimmy put over his power and strength. He is second to none in these areas and he will use all of it to bring the Intercontinental Championship to the Hart Foundation!

IMG_4096Small.jpeg.58d48bb93d2cfd361224a7a2c266dbbe.jpeg

Rick Martel points out how he has defended the title against any and all comers. He plans to put an end to Dino Bravo and he says that the Honky Tonk Man is going to play his last tune… and be put to rest!

Gene puts over SNME again… we then hear from the competitors in the WWF Championship Cage Match!

IMG_4097Small.jpeg.62864aba7308304f254ebc0832081c3a.jpeg

Savage: Tick tock… tick tock… Hogan the time is running out. Just a few moments from now your destructor will be looking you in the eye and I WILL PUT AN END TO HULKAMANIA FOREVER! Hulk Hogan… I can taste the steel…. I can feel it on my skin… it is pulsating through my veins… the Reign of Madness was forged by steel…. It is stronger than steel… and it is going to SEAL YOUR FATE HULK HOGAN!

IMG_4098Small.jpeg.99009c21e8a0ab86e3caaf2ab6068521.jpeg

Hogan: Just when I thought you played your final hand… you pull Bobby Heenan out at the last minute. Well let me tell you something Randy Savage and Bobby Heenan… I am not going to sit around and let this happen brother. I have defeated the Heenan Family before… but this time Randy Savage… when I defeat you… it will destroy the Heenan Family and bring down your Kingdown brick by brick brother. Bobby the Weasel Heenan is nothing more than a court jester to me dude… he had jokes and jokes and they are all worse than his breath. If the Macho Man was smart… he’d get an advisor that would let him know that Hulkamania is the strongest force in the Universe and it will undoubtedly last forever. So whatcha gonna do Macho Man when Hulk Hogan and the millions of Hulkamaniacs STORM THE CASTLE AND DESTROY YOU!!!!!

IMG_4092Small.jpeg.79c8eb35ae65daa7f67702cdf2504870.jpeg

Honky Tonk Man w/ Jimmy Hart defeated George Lightfoot

Gorilla and Bobby come back and Heenan is going on a tirade about Hackssaw Duggan… he says he has stuck his nose where it doesn’t belong and the Bossman and One Man Gang are going to shut him up once and for all. Gorilla says he’d love to see them try… Gorilla puts over how Hacksaw Duggan has made an impact with every single appearance he’s made. Gorilla thinks he may have another trick up his sleeve soon!

IMG_4091Small.jpeg.03dbe64cfe61cc6b0582f454c6b6cf1d.jpeg

Jimmy Snuka w/ Andre defeated Mike Roberts

We get ready for our final contest and Gorilla and Heenan continue to push SNME…Gorilla wants to know why  none of the members of the Heenan Family are involved in the SNME… Heenan says he gave them all the night off. He wants all eyes on Randy Savage when he becomes the NEW and UNDISPUTED WWF HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Gorilla can’t believe it… let’s go to the main event!

King Kong Bundy & Rick Rude defeat Bob Holly & Koko Ware

IMG_4099Small.jpeg.19d8258b88b8c46a9defbb895018a4ea.jpeg

IMG_4100Small.jpeg.cd2fc458328aa747fd53947eaacee9b3.jpeg

IMG_4090 Small.jpeg

10/21 SNME XVII October 21 from Albany, New York

IMG_4114Small.jpeg.5b0a1b0b1e6de67408de831387cb7a17.jpeg

Hulk Hogan: Tonight is the night… Randy Savage… the waiting is over… tonight… Saturday Night’s Main Event… the STEEL CAGE is going up and Randy Savage is going down. The WWF title is staying right here with the strongest force in the world and Randy Savage WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA DEMOLISHES YOU!!!

IMG_4115Small.jpeg.d4aa50c8707b20167cf0e1b83e306472.jpeg

Randy Savage: OHHH YEAAAHHHH… Macho Man Randy Savage here in PRIME TIME for Saturday Night’s Main Event and Hulk Hogan… I don’t know if you and the millions of Hulkamaniacs are prepared for the Reign of Madness that is going to come to head tonight. The WWF Championship… the Crown Jewel… IT WILL BE MINE! IT WILL BE MINE! DIG IT!

IMG_4116Small.jpeg.3c7a736d43e8ffd8cc63efd621d3a295.jpeg

Dino Bravo: Rick Martel… tonight the Intercontinental Championship is on the line. I am the strongest man in the world for a reason… tonight you’ll find out when I bring the WWF Intercontinental Championship to the Hart Foundation!!

IMG_4117Small.jpeg.4af63ef8d3b19736eb16f3551916a62d.jpeg

Rick Martel: 1988 has been an amazing year for me as the Intercontinental Champion… I have faced many challengers… on one side of the coin… but that coin has flipped and this is a new revitalized Rick Martel that is going to take on any and all comers…

IMG_4118Small.jpeg.6e21b45b0e9bdd0b78a4a085b69c4db5.jpeg

ST Jones: Tonight… the Great Muta is going to take a one way trip on the Soul Train! Muta… you may have all the tools but I am the man who is going to put it together and take you apart!

IMG_4119Small.jpeg.bc884744fb5175b6c9da857340566931.jpeg

The Great Muta looks at the camera… removes his head dress… and then SPITS THE MYST in the air and makes the slit throat signal with his thumb. 

IMG_4120Small.jpeg.2dbf882d85d3e7060b80d5df690216fe.jpeg

The Rougeau Brothers: We’re All American Boys… so what better than to be the United States Tag Team Champions… Rockers… we’re going to Rock you and Bop you all over tonight… HAHAHA!

IMG_4121Small.jpeg.506c9aaa00fa521083c687cc5f6d13f2.jpeg

The Rockers: Everyone is talking about the US tag titles… well let’s set the record straight… the Rougeaus and Rockers… tonight let’s set the record straight and put the bright lights on high because the Rockers are going to Rock N Roll… Strut and Stroll… all the way to those titles and Rougeaus… you’re nothing more than a bump in the road!  Let’s get it!

IMG_4113Small.jpeg.a57bf6eeb9cc6776f8b12e9878b20cbf.jpeg

Vince and Jesse welcome us to a very special edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event! We are in the Rosemont Horizon and the crowd is to capacity! Vince and Jesse put over the huge night of action… three titles on the line… Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan inside a steel cage for the WWF Heavyweight Championship! Jesse goes on record to say that tonight is the night that we get a new WWF Champion and we get rid of Hulkamania!

We then see a quick video that is showing an attack on Brutus Beefcake two nights ago in Cleveland. Terry Taylor got the sheers and busted him wide open to the point that he needed emergency help. We then cut to Mean Gene who is there with Terry Taylor

IMG_4122Small.jpeg.5d75755b4b49f808c9ec106e6b61642d.jpeg

Gene… Terry Taylor… we just saw the heinous attack that you perpetrated on Brutus Beefcake. Your intention must have been met… he can't wrestle tonight… instead you will face Koko B Ware! What is your endgame here? Terry… well Gene… my end game is to get the gold around my waist. If I have to cut a few corners or faces… haha… I will do it. Beefcake… you are nothing but a shred of a man with a sheared face… too bad there’s nothing left but loose ends and I am going to clean them up whenever you decide to show up!

Terry Taylor vs Koko Ware  

A nice opener to get us going and we hear from Vince that it was two nights ago that Terry Taylor busted open Brutus Beefcake with his sheers and Brutus had to get staples and couldn’t wrestle tonight so Koko took his place. Taylor and Koko have a good contest with Taylor showcasing his ability to keep up the pace and sell sell sell for Koko who is flying around. We get about 9-minutes and then we see Koko go for a flying dropkick but Taylor moves out of the way and Koko lands hard! Taylor then with a roll up and a handful of tights for the 1….2….3!!! Taylor attempts to celebrate but it is thwarted when the crowd erupts… here comes Brutus Beefcake! He’s being held back by Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco… he’s trying to get his hands on Taylor!

IMG_4128Small.jpeg.85b53d094191e07871f533ae34426fd7.jpeg

IMG_4129Small.jpeg.9c0d627bb48077f5b034aa11f4e6dbdc.jpeg

IMG_4130Small.jpeg.7ea04f0d163719566f9e466745538427.jpeg

Jesse and Vince bring us back as they continue to build the stage for that huge WWF Championship match. They spend some time putting over the issue with Beefcake and Taylor… but also the rise of the Ultimate Warrior. He is without question the wrestler with the most momentum right now in the WWF but he faces a tough test tonight in Ivan Koloff… let’s go to Mean Gene who is standing by…

IMG_4123Small.jpeg.3f1c9a5621d3cc13244b187426b5df39.jpeg

Gene… Ultimate Warrior… there is no question that you will stop at nothing on your road to success… but tonight you will need to run through the Iron Hammer that is Ivan Koloff! Warrior… WARRRRR! Tonight Ivan Koloff… the crimson red that you adorn yourself with will cover you when our battle is done. I am bringing all the power of all my warriors… we are ready to make the sacrifice and put all the hatred and loathing that consumes you… it will not consume us… we will rise to the top of the mountain and open up the skies… for your sacrifice will not be unknown and for nothing… you will fall at the hands of my warriors but will you rise!?!?

IMG_4131Small.jpeg.5b6a3ce4317ed9c338509d4cfd0e5af9.jpeg

The Ultimate Warrior vs Ivan Koloff
We needed to get the crowd back in a good spot and here comes the Warrior who is a house of fire. This one is a quick 4-minutes… Ivan is at the end of his run but he hands out some good shots… but the Warrior comes back with a fire unseen in the world of professional wrestling. A couple of big shoulder blocks and then a huge SPLASH for the 3-count! The Warrior has got the crowd solidly behind him… where will he go?

We’re back and the cage is being set up… the crowd is absolutely bananas right now… let’s go to Jesse Ventura who is standing by with the Macho Man…

IMG_4127Small.jpeg.5018dec9c1e94c98f47a91514599ebed.jpeg

Jesse… Randy Savage… in moments you will make your way tot he ring without the title… step into the cage and take what is rightfully yours from Pukamania! Savage… Jesse you and all the others out there see the potential in what can be the reign of Madness. Hulk Hogan… you ride the red and yellow wave… but there is no more orange Kool-Aid… yeah… I have dumped it all out… yeah down the drain…. Just like your career. I am going to climb to the top of that cage and leap off and drive my elbow right through your heart and walk out as the UNDISPUTED WWF HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! DIG IT! Jesse… HAHA… I couldn’t have said it any better myself… over to you Mean Gene…

IMG_4124Small.jpeg.674dfe53b092fa67b77fdeda61d76c05.jpeg

Mean Gene… ladies and gentlemen… joining me right now is the WWF Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan. The cage has been set up. The fans are ready. Hulkster… what is going through your mind? Hulk Hogan… well you know something Mean Gene… the last 24 hours have been the hardest of my life brother… I have been awake… I have been looking in the mirror… I have to ask myself do I have what it takes to defeat someone the likes of Randy Savage? Do I have what it takes to step inside the steel cage and survive… Gene I had a moment of doubt brother… but then I looked over and saw a picture of me with my Hulkamaniacs… and then the passion of 1,000 fires came up through my soul and out of my fingers. Randy Savage… I alone don’t have the power but with my millions of Hulkamanaics behind me… I am going to walk that aisle brother and show the world why Hulkamania is the strongest force in the universe… SO WHATCHA GONNA DO RANDY SAVAGE WHEN ME AND MY MILLIONS OF HULKAMANIACS DESTROY YOU!!!!!

IMG_4154Small.jpeg.dcdcda6fd21d60ae565c712b5b2a1d00.jpeg

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
STEEL CAGE
HULK HOGAN © vs RANDY SAVAGE

My oh my… Here comes both men and the fans who are just going absolutely nuts. Hogan has got the crowd in the palm of his hands… he looks at Savage inside the ring and works the fans… wait just a moment… what is this? Bobby Heenan??! Heenan comes out of the back and walks past Hogan and goes over to start cheering for Savage!

IMG_4155Small.jpeg.98e721c79ba6a1bd01dbfa7a5af1b19e.jpeg

IMG_4156Small.jpeg.93321b8f7bd3eac36013bf4e3f875e12.jpeg

IMG_4157Small.jpeg.edeefaa62029ff2378e92799e3a5fbfe.jpeg

The match is special with some big time heat early on as Savage and Hogan do a great job working each over. Savage has the speed and technique while Hogan’s strength is second to none. Hogan also likes to flex at Savage who no sells him… Savage then gets the upperhand and he tries to flex on Hogan… but the Hulkster no sells him and tosses him into the cage!

IMG_4158Small.jpeg.b385c70bfeded3c67fee2de2370fe770.jpeg

These two continue to go back and forth as this 15-minute match is all it is hyped up to be. Savage gets tremendous heat… he even gets some color on Hogan who is really putting Savage over. Savage then hits a piledriver to set up Hogan… Savage goes out of the cage but looks back…he is on the top of the steel cage…. FLYING ELBOW DROP right into the heart of Hulk Hogan! 

IMG_4159Small.jpeg.7521a38c2f44951feef4e330d6b949d6.jpeg

IMG_4160Small.jpeg.103e6251934c3a2be784c3b2c25e664d.jpeg

Savage looks down at him and then he goes over to the door… Heenan is screaming at him to get out but Savage says no way… he goes up top…. To the top of the cage… he leaps again and Hogan moves… and Savage comes crashing down…. Hogan pulls himself up the ropes and Savage is selling like crazy… They get up and meet eye to eye…Savage with one shot… two shots…and Hogan seems to be Hulking up now… Savage comes again but Hogan is now working him over… then he’s got Savage up for a huge bodyslam! Hogan then hits the leg drop! The Hulkster then goes over to the cage to climb out… but wait a second… Hogan works the crowd and then comes back down.

IMG_4161Small.jpeg.288e5daee232c5cc15986dbca657c74e.jpeg

IMG_4162Small.jpeg.5aef7284f5bf34ecd0363b3360993eca.jpeg

Heenan is screaming to open the cage door… he is trying to pull Savage out but Hogan walks over and he PULLS HEENAN IN! Hogan beats the hell out of Heenan and then tosses him into the cage and busts him wide open! Heenan comes back to Hogan and he body slams him! DING DING DING!! Wait a moment… Savage fell to the ground… Savage has won the match! Savage has the title given to him…. Heenan is a bloody mess…. Hogan is screaming at the referee! 

IMG_4163Small.jpeg.c574a967cb8286347c09d8c59822a4b7.jpeg

IMG_4164Small.jpeg.34b69b27744e05cd92048d9dfc8efb7f.jpeg

IMG_4165Small.jpeg.c0d99b06cc02ace308d2c38f15c6be27.jpeg

IMG_4166Small.jpeg.44c03e453b122acf498a993c8ed15712.jpeg

Bobby and Savage celebrate on to the back… do we have a new WWF CHAMPION!?!?!?

IMG_4167Small.jpeg.c8d8db449dd746f6d374727820d8277c.jpeg

SNME is back and Jesse is going nuts putting over the NEW WWF Champion… Randy Macho Man Savage! Vince can’t believe it… he says we’ll hear from president Jack Tunney on the matter later on… right now we’ve got more action…

IMG_4132Small.jpeg.5b65af08b75552979955ac3a0e6d9349.jpeg

ST Jones vs the Great Muta is a good cool down match. Muta has the look and the skills in the ring to just excite the crowd but also strike fear. He and Jones put together a fun 8-miute match with Jones showing some quick offense to get Muta going but the Pearl of the Orient has that little something speal and a back heel kick sets up a huge Shining Wizard! Muta with the 3-count and the victory! Muta goes up and spits the myst high in the air…

IMG_4134Small.jpeg.1a901f218d85d8d020d43452c717bccd.jpeg

IMG_4135Small.jpeg.9989f83823ce0443f06bb539725371ab.jpeg

IMG_4136Small.jpeg.2b5c5e7d997da60fc4a4f5279a08b059.jpeg

IMG_4137Small.jpeg.cfb8340583507f6b051feafc3f998847.jpeg

IMG_4138Small.jpeg.994178c17fcfb872d4ffe270715f5b42.jpeg

IMG_4139Small.jpeg.a34714b4c0c208daf0d900c2a48b9d0f.jpeg

SNME returns and in the back we see Jesse Ventura with Dino Bravo and Jimmy Hart. They put over the NEW WWF Champion, Randy Savage and then talk about how they plan to bring the Intercontinental and US Tag titles to the Hart Foundation in one fell swoop right here tonight! 

IMG_4125Small.jpeg.d390b0a9e744ee2a1d94fa7a813df7f7.jpeg

IMG_4145Small.jpeg.f53ce560edecd4c155c5586849101248.jpeg

IMG_4146Small.jpeg.b66a7dc53e643cf3cb1851bac3b5a4e4.jpeg

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Rick Martel vs Dino Bravo w/ Jimmy Hart
Martel has to come out and put out a big-time contest with Dino tonight. Dino shows off all the strength and power he’s got and Martel has to counter with the speed and quickness but Dino looks like a monster. Once Martel gets a little momentum we see Honky Tonk and Valentine come out and they are starting to pound on the mat and get Dino fired up. Dino starts to go for the finish but Martel gets in a rhythm and nails some big rights and lefts and then comes with a big high knee that sends Dino out of the ring… Valentine and Honky pick him up and Dino is on the apron but here comes Martel with a big dropkick and he goes flying into both men! The referee counts to 10 and Rick Martel is the winner. Martel has to escape with his title as the Hart Foundation don’t look very happy with this situation!

IMG_4147Small.jpeg.c53afe00d3d8c8c3b003103c87ee80a0.jpeg

IMG_4148Small.jpeg.02e2ec9ee0121e061f21ba06f6368864.jpeg

IMG_4150Small.jpeg.6efc7dd6b99542cb017d497caf8c17dd.jpeg

Mean Gene is in the back with Hulk Hogan who is irate… Gene asks what Hulk Hogan’s next move is going to be… he says… 

IMG_4126Small.jpeg.ff751fc7a683d343bb582889a924c131.jpeg

Hulk Hogan… Mean Gene… I can’t even begin to explain my anger right now dude… the WWF title was stolen in front of millions of people right here on NBC… Randy Savage… you didn’t beat me brother… you survived the fight of you life and thanks to that piece of garbage Bobby Heenan… you walked away with the belt… but you are no champion Randy Savage… just like the game of chess… I have seen all your plays… you put out the pawns of the Heenan Family… well I am going to take each and every one of them out… one by one… then… just before I get my hands on you Macho Man… I am going to eliminate the Joker… the Jester… the JERK Bobby Heenan once and for all. Randy Savage… you better watch your back brother because me and the millions of Hulkamaniacs are going to be coming for you! Heenan… we’re coming… AHHHH!!!

IMG_4140Small.jpeg.5e2c36f825af6e5b71db3b5e353c3cb4.jpeg

Brother Love Show…

Brother Love comes out and he has got balloons and streamers all over the ring. He is announcing that Randy Savage is the NEW and UNDISPUTED WWF HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! He announces that Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania is done forever! Brother Love says this is the moment that all the fans have waited for… here comes…

IMG_4141Small.jpeg.507581b09b807c8447940abbdc7c2d58.jpeg

Oh wait a minute… that isn’t the Macho Man’s music… IT IS JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS!

IMG_4142Small.jpeg.9eb31bd4d390450cd6a6099c71d941c7.jpeg

Jake the Snake comes out and the crowd explodes! Brother Love has no clue what is going on… Roberts gets in the ring and he looks Brother Love right in the eye before he asks what he’s doing out here and Jake then goes on…

Jake Roberts… You see Brother Love… there was a miscarrage of justice out here tonight… something that usually make people queasy down to their core. Randy Savage stole the WWF title from Hulk Hogan… Bobby Heenan stole the WWF title from Hulk Hogan…. YOU BROTHER LOVE were part of this as well… kind of snakey move if you ask me… but some of us could it coming… we knew the deck was stacked against Hulk Hogan but somehow you slithered in with Heenan and now Hulk Hogan… he was a beaten man tonight but not a defeated man. But Brother Love… there was a problem… there are over a thousand types of snakes out there… some venomous… some so strong they can break your bones… some so sneaky you can’t hear them until it is too late. Well Brother Love… Randy Savage… this is for you… I am a Snake of many colors… but I am showing you right now that I want to avenge this wrong-doing and Randy Savage… I am going to give you a lethal dose of DDT… Bobby Heenan… if you find a way to get in my way… the same will be done onto you… but most importantly Brother Love… I want you to send them a message…

IMG_4143Small.jpeg.9c0e9935b79f4b45708ccaf14de499fb.jpeg

Jake grabs Brother Love and hits a DDT! Jake Roberts has announced his intention to come after the Macho Man… can he avenge what he’s done to Hogan… when will the Hulkster get his hands on him… more on this as we continue!

IMG_4144Small.jpeg.d1572d2cac92a59f4c094ef66221977c.jpeg

Jesse and Vince put over our final match of the evening… the US Tag Team Titles will be on the line with the Rougeaus and the Rockers. We hear about the Rockers beating the Russians, The Twin Towers, and are now here in the finals. We hear about the Rougeaus beating Hillbilly Jim and Tugboat Thomas… then the British Bulldogs… and now they are here. Who will walk out as the inaugural US Tag Champs… let’s go to the ring!

IMG_4151Small.jpeg.daeb3c49fa1e22f4fdd322473a8a6532.jpeg

US TAG TITLE FINALS

The Rockers vs the Rougeau Brothers w/ Jimmy Hart

Here we go with the big finals of the US tag tournament. These four men have got a lot of momentum and hype going into this one. They get about 15-minutes to put it all out there. Vince and Jesse put it over as one of the all time greatest tag team matches. Jacques and Raymond get the upper hand… they isolate Marty Jannetty… they work the knee and the lower back… they are trying to take away his ability to fly… Michaels gets the crowd going…. There is a feeling in the air… wait a moment… Marty has one more leap left in him and jumps over Raymond before he makes the huge tag to Shawn who comes in like a house of fire. He nails some big shots on Ray and Jacques… Jimmy Hart even gets a shot for his presence. The highlight of the match is seeing the Rougeaus trying to regroup outside the ring but Michaels runs and leaps over the ropes and takes out both men! Michaels is absolutely on fire right now. He throws Ray back into the ring but Jacques is able to slow him down… Marty regains his strength and runs off the apron for a cross body taking out Jacques! Raymond throws Shawn to the ropes and Michaels comes with a leap frog… he waits… Raymond hits the ropes and turns to see Michaels and a huge BOOT TO THE MUSH! What a superkick! Michaels comes with the 1….2…..3!!! The Rockers are the NEW United States Tag Team Champions!

IMG_4153Small.jpeg.682797fa555a509907f63a96f6f9a668.jpeg

Marty and Shawn pose with the titles… they work the fans… Jesse and Vince put them over… could this be the beginning of their rise to the top of the tag team ranks in the WWF?!? One has to wonder what Demolition will have to say… we’ll find out more. Thank you for joining us for this episode of Saturday Night’s Main Event!

SNME is here! I dig the promo train to open the show.

Between ambushing Brutus and cheating Ware, the heat has really been turn up on Taylor.

A classic Warrior promo leads to a major win over the former WWWF champion.

The Hulkster takes the time to pound on the Weasel allowing the Macho Man to sneak past to get the title.

Muta has the eyes of the entire WWF on him.

Interesting finish to the IC title match. You can make the argument that the Foundation didn't do anything wrong and that Martel took the easy way out.

Roberts crashes the Brother Love show to send a message to the new champ.

After seeing their hero go down earlier, The Rockers send the fans home happy.

The Championship Committee must be putting in some late nights debating whether "Escape the Cage" rules should continue to be allowed for title defenses after Saturday Night, since apparently you can win the title without actually beating the champion! I can imagine the piles of handwritten letters that must be coming in from fans disputing that outcome! Hopefully they haven't upset the Network or any of their sponsors!

Speaking of sponsors, I wonder if we will see any ads coming up featuring wrestlers?  And will this continue into the Ico Pro era?

2 hours ago, TheDuke said:

The Championship Committee must be putting in some late nights debating whether "Escape the Cage" rules should continue to be allowed for title defenses after Saturday Night, since apparently you can win the title without actually beating the champion! I can imagine the piles of handwritten letters that must be coming in from fans disputing that outcome! Hopefully they haven't upset the Network or any of their sponsors!

Speaking of sponsors, I wonder if we will see any ads coming up featuring wrestlers?  And will this continue into the Ico Pro era?

I tried to keep this one as snme as possible. I watched the 89 10/14 episode which I fee is the best and then drafted this around that.

the hogan escape clause is the best and easiest way to garner huge heat and swap the title. I woke up with the idea one day and wrote this about a month ago lol

if I make it to 91 ico pro will definitely be on the payroll. Coliseum video may be coming out with a special video this holiday season called Tag Team Seasons Beatings… be on the lookout 

Really well done SNME!  

I was wondering what you were going to do in the opening with the interview when you got to Muta-very creative!

I think you found a great way to have the title change hands while not hurting Hogan at all.  I am looking forward to Savage being the champion as I always thought WWF Hogan was somewhat limited as all of his matches were the same.  Savage is more versatile and the outcome is not always predetermined!

Great promo by Snake.  Looking forward to where Snake-Savage takes us.

Man, props to all your SNME props. Very well done. 

We get the classic opening promos to kick things off and we're ready to go. 

Looks like both Taylor and Beefcake have something to sink their teeth into. Will the end result be Bruti cutting Taylor's nice head of hair? 

The rocket is strapped to Warrior. Uncle Ivan was a real pro tonight. 

Mass chaos ensues as Savage (and Heenan) take the title away from Hogan. I thought this was so creative and everybody walks away hot. I felt all the heat. I'm looking forward to a heel Savage reign. Also, it will be money with Hogan as the chaser. Great job with this.

Muta has some serious momentum going. He's being booked as the heel Warrior right now. I would love to see those two cross paths. 

Martel escapes with his title but the Foundation is on his tail. 

Jake gets some great buzz tonight and now we have a ready made challenger for Savage. 

Rockers end the wild night on a high note. They're on a roll right now and have earned the US titles. 

Double thumbs up brother! 

22 minutes ago, LastStopTour said:

WAIT!?!?! The cage match WASN'T the final match? How is that possible? How is that not the main event? How did you not go off the air with a cliff hanger?

I tried the formula of the SNME in the late 80s. Not only did Hogan lose but we had to get him back in the limelight. We needed his promo to get him back. Vince has to build him back up. I also need to build a quick challenger for Savage and thus Jake taking out Brother Love does that. I flirted with it being the final segment but I didn't think I would get all the extra stuff in that way and given it is 1988... people may not be able to see it or hear about it but if they tuned in late the news was there so they'd want to figure out what was going on with the rest of the broadcast.

I could be wrong... but I liked the idea.

As a viewer on the outside, this rivalry between Hogan and Savage has been built for several weeks with a largely silent Hogan in the beginning, then him coming out and doing "Full Hogan". Good build, 1988 style. Fans of both Hogan and Savage should be happy with how it all went down leading to a huge match. This is the start of something big ...

Or is it?

Cage match on Saturday Night Main Event ... on free TV ... AND ... isn't even the Main Event!?!?!

Hogan is able to beat Heenan bloody which allows Savage to escape even though Savage didn't want to leave the cage a little earlier when he had Hogan down. Okay, I can overlook the logic after the big miss by Savage.

Title change, yadda yadda ... Hogan on the mic, good, good but no mention of a rematch? The former champion gets no rematch? All the build which was a big build and we get a one and done match? There's no feud? There's no rematch? There is no chase by Hogan being put through hoops to get that rematch by Heenan?

And from Savage's point of view, he's just going to take the win and move on? He didn't even beat Hogan. In fact Hogan was in a better spot to leave the ring at that time than Randy was. If Heenan wasn't there, Hogan skips out of the ring.

Jake Roberts is next in line ...

• LowBlowPodcast changed the title to World Wrestling Federation