Pro Wrestling Only

World Wrestling Federation

LowBlowPodcast

12/18 Prime Time Wrestling w/ Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan

IMG_4320Small.jpeg.4b564c1c494c5e6859aedcbcf1eab670.jpeg

Prime Time opens with Bobby and Gorilla pushing the Christmas motif as the set is decorated and everyone seems festive. We’ve got a big night of action as we will see Hulk Hogan and Hillbilly Jim team up tonight against the Russians! Plus, tag team champions, Demolition, Members of the Hart Foundation… the Powers of Pain… that loud mouth Paul E is gonna be on the Brother Love Show… let’s get it started right now with Big John Studd and Hercules!

IMG_3641Small.jpeg.0e686038aaddc675a5072117abf6abae.jpeg

Big John Studd & Hercules defeated Mark Green and Trent Michaels. We got an inset from Heenan who says he has got his family primed and ready for 1989 and it starts with the destruction of John Studd and Hercules!

IMG_4195.thumb.jpeg.1503715630f8a690fb7484a4d2783f76.jpeg

WWF Tag Champs Demolition defeated George Burrow & Nathan Lane - Interestingly enough… the Rockers chime in during Demolitions match as these seeds continue to cultivate. Rockers put over their speed and let Demo know that the contract is ready all they need to do is sign.

IMG_4095Small.jpeg.c067390cba77df5f764472b2aea9d82e.jpeg

Dino Bravo w/ Jimmy Hart defeated William Phillips - Jimmy and Dino put over their big showdown with Hogan on SNME. Dino says he is bigger than Hogan… stronger than Hogan… and he’s going to beat him into submission!

IMG_4089Small.jpeg.6c9076c15c441fdd65bd26aedf64f294.jpeg

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Ryane Knight… here comes Bad News to let us know that no amount of paint is going to be able to cover up the cuts and bruises he’s going to give to the Ultimate Warrior! 

IMG_4186.thumb.jpeg.51b18657239134301f9cfbdf2ffe2c21.jpeg

The Powers of Pain w/ Mr. Fuji defeated Quincy Carter & Daryl Dawkins - Fuji says he is reassembling his army and soon his greatest find will be revealed… these are his powers of pain and they will stop at nothing to get him exactly what he wants!

IMG_4193.thumb.jpeg.01ae465b45a44144f9542b8767a7140c.jpeg

Jake Roberts defeated Kyle Erickson - Rick Rude let’s us know he isn’t afraid of Snake, Spooks, or being on Santa’s naughty list. He has no fear and that’s why he will reign supreme… in the ring… on Saturday Night’s Main Event!

IMG_4264Small.jpeg.59f56146a5a5c41867c9b770e81e5c17.jpeg

The Big Bossman w/ Slick & One Man Gang defeated Bobby Hughes - While Bossman destroys this poor guy… we hear from Hacksaw as this feud doesn’t seem to be done… or is it? Hacksaw says he has one more fight left in him for the Bossman and he’s going to give him the beating he deserves! 

Hulk Hogan & Hillbilly Jim vs The Russians
- The Hulkster… on tv… wow… he and Hillbilly beat up the Russians. We get some nice selling from Hogan but nothing too crazy. Gorilla and Bobby put over the contest in a big way. In the end we see Hillbilly bodyslam Boris to set up a huge leg drop from Hogan for the 3-count! 

IMG_4260Small.jpeg.ac5f1da717b30176f1d8b0349716234f.jpeg

Brother Love Show… here comes Paul E… wow these two are getting some heat. Dangerously talks about 1989 being the year that he turns the WWF on its ear. He says that 1989 will be the year that Paul E will put together the most Dangerous Alliance in professional wrestling and we will wreak havoc on every single person in the WWF. I’ve signed the biggest and baddest and most talented wrestlers in the world… it is going to be time to show everyone exactly what I mean… and it starts with this….

IMG_4119Small.jpeg.bc884744fb5175b6c9da857340566931.jpeg

THE GREAT MUTA walks out and he joins Paul E! They shake hands. What in the hell is going on here?!

Paul E: You see the dictators at the top of the WWF want to make sure they handpick who goes where… well Muta has shown the world in 1988 that he has no equal. There is no one who can match him in the ring. Tito Santana… you found out at Survivor Series… but at Saturday Night’s Main Event you’re going to find out again but this time… this time there may not be a second chance for you. You see Tito Santana… for all your accolades as a wrestler… they mean nothing when it comes down to what happens inside the ring and inside the ring the Great Muta is the best this world has to offer and we’re not just going to beat you… we’re not just going to destroy you… we’re going to humiliate you right out of the WWF. This is the man of 1989 and the world is going to see why!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Studd & Hercules are gonna make the Weasel rue the day he showed them the door.

The Champ vs Champ feud continues to gather steam.

Bravo certainly doesn't lack confidence in his chances against Hogan.

Fuji has found another killer to add to his collection.

It may be winter but Rude and Roberts is white hot.

Hacksaw calling out the Bossman.

Dangerously pulls off a serious coup signing Muta.

The WWF is leaving 1988 with a bang and I can tell big things are coming in 89. 

Two big highlights as Hogan wrestles on TV and Paul E kicks off his Dangerous Alliance with Muta! This is what I love about our fantasy world. We get to see the Dangerous Alliance in the WWF. Looks like the Heenan Family has some big time heel competition. 

After reading the dirt sheets, I can't believe what's going on behind the scenes. The possibility of Hogan leaving the WWF during his highest peak seems so unreal. I can't wait to see how all this earth shattering news plays out. This is really crazy and surreal. 

That was something I did not see coming. Paul E. and Great Muta is a great duo, that is an excellent choice on your part. 

The Hogan storyline is very intriguing. That has been fun to follow and it's a very creative way of keeping us on our toes as we head into 1989. 

Bad News Brown vs Ultimate Warrior is going to be fun

12/25 Christmas Special

Superstars of Wrestling w/ Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

From SummerSlam
Demolition vs Powers of Pain w/ Mr. Fuji for the WWF Tag Team Championship

The Tag Titles on the line and it is the battle of the paint. Demolition are just so damn over. The POP look the part and they get some extra heat with Fuji. Ax and Smash… what sets them apart from other teams is their ability to sell… and they do it in amazing fashion. Barbarian and Warlord come out of this looking like monsters and they come this close to winning. Just when it looks like things are going to finish… Demolition comes back with a fire.Fuji is getting worried outside the ring… Warlord grabs Smash and holds him… Fuji is up on the apron and swings the cane but Smash moves and Warlord gets ROCKED. Ax clotheslines Barbarian out of the ring and then he and Smash with a double clothesline on Warlord and get the 3-count!

Tito Santana vs Rick Martel for the Intercontinental Championship

Former partners now become true enemies inside the ring. These two fought a couple of weeks ago at Saturday Night’s Main Event but went to a 20-minute draw. This one's for 30-minutes and these guys have a helluva match. Martel is a true pro and he looks ready for war. Tito is an all pro as well. These two go about 18-minutes… drenched in sweat… move for move and hold for hold. We get into the final series and Tito sets up Martel and goes for the huge flying forest and nails him all the way out of the ring. Tito knows he has to get the pin or submission though.. He goes out and Martel pulls his trunks and Tito goes crashing into the guardrail! Tito has got a busted jaw but Martel throws him back in the ring… he is looking for the Boston Crab but Tito kicks him back into the turnbuckle! Tito gets up and nails him with 3 big shots and then goes to the ropes for the flying forearm but Martel catches him and hot shot him off the top rope! Martel covers for the 1…2….3! Martel retains the title and he looks to have a solid grip on the gold right now. Who could challenge him in the future?

From Madison Square Garden
The Ultimate Warrior vs The Iron Sheik- 

The Warrior comes out to a great pop. He looks decent in the ring… even though the Sheik can barely keep up with him. Some big shoulder blocks and then a big splash around 3 minutes and Warrior gets the crowd back on their feet. 

From SNME
Terry Taylor vs Koko Ware  

A nice opener to get us going and we hear from Vince that it was two nights ago that Terry Taylor busted open Brutus Beefcake with his sheers and Brutus had to get staples and couldn’t wrestle tonight so Koko took his place. Taylor and Koko have a good contest with Taylor showcasing his ability to keep up the pace and sell sell sell for Koko who is flying around. We get about 9-minutes and then we see Koko go for a flying dropkick but Taylor moves out of the way and Koko lands hard! Taylor then with a roll up and a handful of tights for the 1….2….3!!! Taylor attempts to celebrate but it is thwarted when the crowd erupts… here comes Brutus Beefcake! He’s being held back by Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco… he’s trying to get his hands on Taylor!

US TAG TITLE FINALS

The Rockers vs the Rougeau Brothers w/ Jimmy Hart

Here we go with the big finals of the US tag tournament. These four men have got a lot of momentum and hype going into this one. They get about 15-minutes to put it all out there. Vince and Jesse put it over as one of the all time greatest tag team matches. Jacques and Raymond get the upper hand… they isolate Marty Jannetty… they work the knee and the lower back… they are trying to take away his ability to fly… Michaels gets the crowd going…. There is a feeling in the air… wait a moment… Marty has one more leap left in him and jumps over Raymond before he makes the huge tag to Shawn who comes in like a house of fire. He nails some big shots on Ray and Jacques… Jimmy Hart even gets a shot for his presence. The highlight of the match is seeing the Rougeaus trying to regroup outside the ring but Michaels runs and leaps over the ropes and takes out both men! Michaels is absolutely on fire right now. He throws Ray back into the ring but Jacques is able to slow him down… Marty regains his strength and runs off the apron for a cross body taking out Jacques! Raymond throws Shawn to the ropes and Michaels comes with a leap frog… he waits… Raymond hits the ropes and turns to see Michaels and a huge BOOT TO THE MUSH! What a superkick! Michaels comes with the 1….2…..3!!! The Rockers are the NEW United States Tag Team Champions!

From Survivor Series
Rick Martel, Tito Santana Brutus Beefcake, Koko Ware, & The Z-Man versus The Honky Tonk Man, Dino Bravo, Greg Valentine, The Great Muta, and Terry Taylor w/ Jimmy Hart

Greg Valentine was eliminated via Tito Santana and the flying Forearm!

Terry Taylor and Brutus Beefcake were both counted out following a brawl that went into the crowd

Koko Ware was eliminated by the Great Muta via the Moonsault

The Z-man  was eliminated by the Great Muta via the Shining Wizard

Honky Tonk Man was eliminated by Rick Martel via a school boy

Rick Martel was eliminated by the Great Muta when he was hit with a nasty spinning heel kick

Tito Santana  was eliminated via the Great Muta and a spectacular moonsault across the ring! 

12/28 the WWF is in Pittsburgh

Big Bossman and One Man Gang defeated Koko & Z-Man

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Nikolai Volkoff

Davey Boy Smith & The Rockers defeated Valentine & The Rougeau Brothers

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP - Special announcement that it has been made into a LUMBERJACK MATCH!
Hulk Hogan defeated Randy Savage via DQ - This was a mess. We heard about the Lumberjack stipulation before the six-man. These two are very rough with one another and at one point we even get a very close two count with Hogan really locking up Savage. Savage seemed to be working with Bobby Heenan at ringside for some guidance. The finish saw Hogan Hulk up and go for the leg drop but Dino Bravo and Rick Rude come in to give Savage the DQ victory but then the good guy lumberjacks came in to clear the ring.

Hacksaw Duggan defeated Boris Zhukov

Dino Bravo defeated ST Jones

The Great Muta defeated Bob Holly

Andre the Giant & Tito Santana defeated Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, & Bobby Heenan

The Rockers are the new US Tag Team champions...inevitable as these guys are on the roll and are quickly becoming one of the hottest acts in the business.

Savage and Hogan continue their feud and build up a potential major encounter for the next Wrestlemania...or maybe sooner.

Speaking of guys on a roll, Great Muta is making a name for himself in the states and could become a major player for WWF as we head into 1989.

Rick Martel is a great IC champion and I'm rooting for him to have a long and productive reign.

12/29 - WWF Wrestling @ Akron, Ohio

Koko & Z-Man defeated The Russians

The Ultimate Warrior defeated The One Man Gang via Count Out

The Rougeau Brothers defeated ST Jones & Bob Holly

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage was announced but then Finkel said that Hulk Hogan had some travel issues... he is on his way to the building. Taking his place will be Tito Santana!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
Randy Savage defeated Tito Santana

Hulk Hogan comes out after the match and he and Savage has a little schmooz. Hogan gets on the mic to let everyone know that it was Bobby Heenan who sabatoged his travel tonight and cost him the chance at the WWF title... so now he and Andre are taking on Bundy, Rude, and Heenan tonight!!!

Big Bossman defeated Hacksaw Duggan via DQ

US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Rockers defeated Bravo & Valentine

The Great Muta defeated The British Bulldog in a 15-minute gem

Andre the Giant & Hulk Hogan defeated Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, & Bobby Heenan

WWF 12/30 - Atlantic City Matinee

The Rougeau Brothers vs Koko & Z-Man went to a 15-minute draw

US TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
The Rockers defeated The Twin Towers via DQ

Tito Santana defeated Greg Valentine

Rick Rude defeated Bob Holly

Davey Boy Smith defeated Dino Bravo

The Great Muta defeated ST Jones

The Ultimate Warrior & Hacksaw Duggan defeated the Russians

Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
CAGE MATCH
Randy Savage (c) defeated Hulk Hogan
in a pretty controversial contest. Hogan was juiced early and really bled all over the ring. Savage hit an elbow off the top of the cage only for Hogan to then Hulk up and no sell everything. Hogan then tried to climb out of the cage and was met by the Twin Towers and Rick Rude who were fighting him and holding him up on the cage. Savage then crawled through the door... Savage retained the title but Hogan wanted everyone back inside the cage and the Bossman complied. Bossman and Hogan then had a fun little 5-minute throwdown with Hogan throwing Bossman through the cage door to the floor. Hogan then posed...

12/28 SNME XVIII December 28th - Philadelphia, PA

IMG_4808.thumb.jpeg.7de03cfcaa307012116c1b34f09bca97.jpeg

Hulk Hogan: Well you know… All my Hulkamaniacs are feeling happy and healthy this holiday season… but you Dino Bravo are about to feel what the power of Hulkamania is all about dude. Understand that the big man may have delivered presents to all the good girls and boys out there but tonight Hulk Hogan is going to deliver PAIN TO YOU!

IMG_4809.thumb.jpeg.a34e393af4131005552089c3bc32c645.jpeg

Dino Bravo: Hulk Hogan… you are gonna feel what the strongest man in the world feels like. Your spaghetti noodle arms are going to be nothing for me when I wrap you up and put you down for good!

IMG_4810.thumb.jpeg.b8a9acbf5ce7df2fcf480769d652069b.jpeg

Jake Roberts: Funny thing about a present is you really don’t know what it is until you open it… well Rick Rude I have a present for you my man and trust me when I say… it is something that you won’t forget… or maybe even remember.

IMG_4811.thumb.jpeg.43fd997ea209c2314b05e124266b05b1.jpeg

Rick Rude: Jake Roberts… I am so sick and tired of your snaked together words… you are looking at the best looking body in professional wrestling and soon you are going to find out exactly why I deliver the Rude Awakening to everyone in my path!

IMG_4812.thumb.jpeg.f0eddd6ab471bfca2ebefe031986615c.jpeg

Bad News Brown: Warrior…. You gotta get some extra paint… because after tonight no one… not even your little warriors will know who you are when I am done with you!

IMG_4813.thumb.jpeg.5d9aa71620955c195bc6346b9d50a3bd.jpeg

Ultimate Warrior: Bad News Brown… I have come from the sky and I have the powers of cosmos… that will deliver the destruction… you Bad News Brown are in for some bad news as I am going to show you what the power of all the little warriors is… but it is the true power of the Ultimate Warrior that will be your undoing and put and end to your tyranny forever!

IMG_4814.thumb.jpeg.f2f3a0465b80fb2109ea8e8ea3465e01.jpeg

Andre the Giant: I am a man of few words… tonight Randy Savage… I want the belt… I WANT THE BELT! I WANT THE BELT! And Randy Savage… I am coming for it!

IMG_4815.thumb.jpeg.93e1cc6612b81c18ac11d52302cdf686.jpeg

Randy Savage: Ohh yeaaahhh… The Macho Man… the one true champion of the WWF and in reality the one true giant in the WWF! Andre… I want you to listen up really good… because I don’t know if the blood flows to your brain… but tonight I am going to put you down and I am going to drive my elbow right through that big heart of yours and show the world it doesn’t matter how tall you are because you will all go down when you face the MACHO MAN…. OHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!

IMG_4816.thumb.jpeg.b895c2cc859d6ba96831cf72ba50212b.jpeg

Vince and Jesse welcome us to Saturday Night’s Main Event from Happy Valley at the University of Penn State. Jesse is rocking his PSU shirt and makes fun of McMahon for failing out of the Ivy Leagues. They talk about a huge show ahead including two WWF championship matches including Randy Macho Man Savage defending against Andre the Giant… plus the Rockers defend the US Tag Titles against the Rougeaus in a 2 out of 3 falls. Fans it is time for the one, the only, the Immortal Hulk Hogan!!

IMG_4817.thumb.jpeg.71ba9ea5ac0b54e99835e977efcb1ff5.jpeg

Hulk Hogan vs Dino Bravo w/ Jimmy Hart

This is a pretty good showdown with two big time power houses. Dino works over Hogan who does some great selling… the fans are right there on the cusp of every move. Hogan even gives Dino a little more and gives up a couple of close two counts. He is really putting Dino over… well that is until he Hulks up and beats the hell out of him. We get a big boot… Dino wobbles and then BODY SLAM! LEG DROP! 3-COUNT! Hogan poses… works the fans… what a moment.

IMG_4818.thumb.jpeg.585674e043b218508d4da3e05e2739e1.jpeg

Randy Savage cuts a quick promo with Jesse Ventura running through his match with the Giant. Savage once again says he is the one true giant in the WWF and this title is the reason why! He is going to give the giant a beating he could have never imagined!

IMG_4819.thumb.jpeg.51bbf4436842c383ae39e3b6f4415dec.jpeg

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
Randy Savage © vs Andre the Giant
WWF Championship on the line and my oh my the crowd is going nuts for Andre and Savage. These two put together a decent enough 11-minute match with both getting something in but it is more of a cat/mouse and Andre taking the brunt of Savage’s punishment. Savage even gets Andre out of the ring and hits a double ax handle smash on him into the guardrail. Savage gets back in the ring and Andre gets back. He gets in some good offense and a huge bodyslam that throws Savage across the ring. We’re getting to the final moments but Andre hoists off Savage and throws him out of the ring to the floor! Andre looks like he’s going out after him… they throw hands outside of the ring… Savage goes and grabs the title belt… wait a moment…he lunges at Andre and nails him with the belt and Andre goes down hard. He looks to be busted open. Savage scurries back into the ring with seconds to spare… It is a count out and Andre gets up and goes for Savage who is running for his life! Jesse and Vince put this over in a big way as Savage has found a way to keep the title. Andre comes and goes for Savage up the aisle… is this one far from over?

IMG_4820.thumb.jpeg.e31ce80fb4deecdf0b0d2302bea69654.jpeg

Bobby Heenan is in the back with Rick Rude and Mean Gene. They are putting over their contest with Jake Roberts. Rude says that Jake, like the snake that he is, couldn’t have woken up on the right side of the bed today because he’s due for a Rude Awakening!

IMG_4821.thumb.jpeg.43fa4039c894cba2409a174d506aefd8.jpeg

Jake Roberts vs Ravishing Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan

These two slow the pace down for a couple of minutes and then build back up. Rude and Heenan are really working well together and getting some good heat from the fans. Jake is able to get Rude on his heels and hits all his siganture moves. We see the short arm clothesline and then the DDT! Jake covers but Heenan puts Rude’s foot up on the rope!  Was that Robert’s only chance? He goes on the attack again but now Rude is getting the upperhand with some very stiff shots. There’s a forearm that knocks Roberts out on his feet… Jake is able to hit a big clothesline out of nowhere! Heennan is getting more animated outside of the ring and now he’s going for Damien… he’s in the corner but here comes Rude with a knee and Jake goes flying into the guardrail! He stumbles back and Rude grabs him with the RUDE AWAKENING! OH MY! 1…2….3!!! Rude has just taken down Jake Roberts and he rolls out of the ring. Heenan and Rude celebrate their way up to the entryway…  Vince and Jesse put this over in a big way as to Rude possibly being the number one contender for the WWF Championship! 

IMG_4822.thumb.jpeg.4f1bd19a2c66764c70ff322c2cfa81b5.jpeg

Hulk Hogan is in the back with Mean Gene and talks about Randy Savage. He says he doesn’t need any special gifts because his Hulkamaniacs are the greatest gifts in the world. He is going to show Savage some seasons beatings!

IMG_4823.thumb.jpeg.c0b74b18d97fd049c36eeeaaf1c727be.jpeg

The Ultimate Warrior vs Bad News Brown

Sloppy, ugly, and stiff… only way to describe this one. These two beat the piss out of one another and no sell each other like they’re going out of style. Bad News even goes to the streets and takes the fight outside but the Warrior brings his best brawling to the show. Vince and Jesse put this over in a big way and talk about how both men are out of their element but Jesse yells about Bad News bringing Warrior into his element! Warrior then hits a clothesline and Bad News goes over the top of the guardrail. Bad News then pushes a plant, I mean fan out of the way and when Warrior comes over he gets CRACKED in the skull with a chair! Referee Hebner calls for the bell and Warrior gets a DQ victory. Bad News comes over and starts hammering away at him as the referee pulls him off… Bad News goes in the ring and starts to celebrate but the Warrior is pumping up outside the ring and then he gets inside. He gets in and clothesline! Clothesline! Warrior then hits the ropes and hits a flying shoulder block that tosses Bad News out of the ring to the floor! Officials are there to back him off while Warrior wants him to keep coming. Vince and Jesse put this through the roof! 

In an interesting turn of events… we see the stage change up a little bit and here comes the next match… is this the same crowd?

IMG_4824.thumb.jpeg.9a10b98d97ccdedafbbe396fcd30d945.jpeg

Tito Santana vs The Great Muta

A nice showdown for these two… it was supposed to happen but maybe not here… don’t worry. These two go about 15-minutes with some power shots and then quick movements around the ring. The highlight is seeing Muta hit a shining wizard on Tito who is on the apron. Santana goes flying off the apron and then hits the guardrail. What in the hell is Paul Heyman doing out here? He’s got his damn phone… Muta pulls the referee and Tito turns around and Heyman jabs the phone right into his throat! Tito is selling like crazy and here comes Muta off the apron with a knee to his throat! Muta tosses Santana back in the ring and Muta waits in the corner for another SHINING WIZARD but that knee goes right into his throat! Tito is hurting here and Muta runs to the ropes and comes down with a knee right to the throat! Muta covers Tito for a 3-count. Muta is the winner but now we see his true side when he holds Tito down and sprays the green myst in his face! Muta is choking out Tito right in the middle of the ring and the referee is trying to hold him back… wait a minute… here comes Rick Martel! The Intercontinental Champion runs down and Muta backs off and smiles and winks… he sprays more myst in the air… Martel looks like he wants to throw down right now…

IMG_4825.thumb.jpeg.11cfe76e64d6a402f883272bc1b3505c.jpeg

SNME is back with Jesse in the back with Savage, who definitely doesn’t look the same, he is showered and cleaned up, but he’s got the belt… he puts over his reign as WWF champion and how he has beat all the pretenders of 1988 and soon he will defeat all the wishers and hopers of 1989! He says he is on the top of the mountain looking down and there is no one in his sights. OHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!

IMG_4826.thumb.jpeg.f3ffb39fc358b64949e6411bf9d40eca.jpeg

US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS
The Rockers © vs The Rougeau Brothers w/ Jimmy Hart
We’re back in the same/different/first arena and a different camera angle. These four have been on this stage before and they bring it down with a lot of fast paced action. We see Michaels really step it up a level with Jacques while Raymond and Jannetty slow things down. We get into our first fall when the Rockers back elbow Jacques over the top to the floor and then run up on Raymond and hit the double dropkick and a 3-count and the Rockers are up 1-0! 

We return for the second fall and the Rougeaus seem to be off on this one as they continue to argue with Jimmy Hart. This sets up the Rockers to hit some slick double team moves and even a double dropkick on Raymond who goes flying into Jimmy Hart outside… Jacques runs for a double clothesline but the Rockers duck and then hit a double superkick and Michaels covers for the 3-count! The Rockers get the win… 2-0. 

The Rockers with the clean sweep and they hold up the US titles… but they look at one another and then look in the camera… they tell Demolition they are next! What a way to end 1988… fans we’ll see what happens in 1989!

A fun matinee sets the stage for the big show. I wonder how much Slick charged Heenan for that assist?

One can only imagine the opening match pop The Hulkster got.

Savage holds onto the gold but doesn't quite slay the giant.

Rude takes advantage of a distracted Roberts to get a major win.

Bad News gets nasty but the Warrior refuses to stay down.

Wow.... the WWF really must not have had much time for that edit job.

The Rockers close the show with a clean sweep.

After reading the dirt sheets. I couldn't wait for this anticipated SNME. 

Ok, Hogan appears and HulkaMania still seems to be running wild in the WWF. 

Props to Savage as he somehow manages to walk out with his title. 

Great finish as Rude pulls one over on Jake. This is a big moment for Rude. 

Bad News gets some good heat but not for long as Warrior pumps up. 

And here we go. Well, with not much time to edit, the WWF did the best they could. Muta gets great heat and it looks like we're going to see an incredible Muta/Martel IC title match in the future. 

If you're setting up Demolition vs. The Rockers, then putting the Rockers over big time tonight was the way to go. 

So much intrigue going on in the WWF. I'll be reading more from the dirt sheets. 

1/1 Prime Time Wrestling w/ Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan

IMG_4856Small.jpeg.cae03cc0b82219154501447fe69a4b12.jpeg

Prime Time with a new opening… guess who isn’t in there? Well guys like Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, The Rockers, Demolition, The Big Bossman, Andre the Giant, and Rick Rude are highlighted in this new video and we cut to Gorilla and Bobby… it is a festive set but Gorilla is looking somber while Heenan is smile from ear to ear… Gorilla goes on about how 1989 has started with a bang, tonight we’ve got a big tag team championship match for the fans, but Heenan continues to interrupt. Gorilla then goes on to state that an era here in the WWF has come to a stop but hopefully not an end. The Era of Hulkamania has paused and now it is time for someone else to pick up the torch and run with it. Bobby isn’t as simple, he says that this is a business and if you can’t handle the business and you take it personal you get the boot. Heenan says he has got big plans for 1989 but one of his biggest tasks was already done for him. He is done talking about the red and yellow and now it is time to focus on the GOLD! The Heenan Family will hold the gold in 1989 and there is nothing anyone can do about it! Gorilla shakes his head… perhaps the gravity of this situation is more than some expected… but it is time to get 1989 started with the Ultimate Warrior!!

IMG_4857Small.jpeg.297b12bbecf08f7591b04c7b9feaef7b.jpeg

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Kevin Stevens - Bad News Brown with an inset here and he puts over his big match with the Ultimate Warrior at the Royal Rumble. He says he is going to beat the paint right off of him!

IMG_4858Small.jpeg.6672a9bddeb15986b3b194476d9e4e2a.jpeg

Haku w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Bob Ryan 

IMG_4859Small.jpeg.4a23ae4e29f45f3f9b8caa15215e1b19.jpeg

Brutus Beefcake defeated Chael Rollins - Terry Taylor puts over his issue with Brutus and says that time is ticking and the hair is going to come out soon. Taylor and Beefcake are going to meet and only one man will be left with their hair and their pride!

Event Center:

Mean Gene puts over the Royal Rumble coming up on Saturday the 27th of January! We’ll be live from Cleveland for this big event. Big matches already signed…  we will see the Ultimate Warrior take on Bad News Brown. Plus, the Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel defends against The Honky Tonk Man! Additionally, we’ll see the number one contender for the WWF Championship, Hacksaw Jim Duggan challenging WWF Champion, Randy Macho Man Savage! Don’t forget the 30-man royal rumble, a new participant every 2-minutes… eliminations can only occur via being thrown over the top rope to the floor. We have 5 names already entered… the Big Bossman, The One Man Gang, Davey Boy Smith - the British Bulldog, Brutus Beefcake, and Terry Taylor. 25 more names will be announced as we head to the Royal Rumble!

IMG_4860Small.jpeg.d76a2f180af8341e114be780a0bd3a1a.jpeg

The Warlord & Barbarian w/ Mr. Fuji defeated Shawn Marcus & Walter Black

IMG_4861Small.jpeg.426110ef5441ad3582dfc92214440823.jpeg

Big Bossman w/ Slick defeated ST Jones - Slick gets on the mic and lets everyone know that Bossman and One Man Gang are both in the rumble and they are going to be tossing out pieces of garbage left and right and there will be no one left standing but the Twin Towers of Power!

IMG_3913Small.jpeg.2cb1471b9eef064f875cf7bbb27005a1.jpeg

Koko B Ware defeated Conquistador 1

IMG_4862Small.jpeg.fee6c23be1db60585b7ed0437136124f.jpeg

The Great Muta w/ Paul E Dangerously defeated Bob Holly - Tito Santana cuts a promo as he looks to be pretty beaten up… he says that Muta did hurt him pretty good but not bad enough to keep him out. He isn’t afraid of getting back in the ring and he will avenge his loss but more importantly regain his honor!

IMG_4863Small.jpeg.149c1df4557905519feb6e67030a416b.jpeg

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Demolition © vs Greg Valentine & Dino Bravo w/ Jimmy Hart

A pretty fun main event with Demolition looking prime right now. Valentine and Bravo are a dream team to many but here they just work well. Soon enough we see the Rougeaus come out and join the fun. They are trying to get the ire of Demolition while Valentine and Bravo continue to do battle. We get closer to the finish but the Rougeaus are now putting themselves in a position to eradicate any chance for Demolition… that is until the Rockers come running down and the crowd goes apeshit. Michaels and Jannetty come in and pound away at the Rougeaus… Valentine is distracted and here comes Smash with the roll up and the 3-count! 

Sorry, I fell a bit behind again.  I enjoyed how your SNME followed your dirt sheets.  Very good.  I must admit that I am really excited about the WWF with Hogan.  It kid of frees you up to make it what you like.  Excited for the Royal Rumble.  It is my favorite event.  One I had to steal with WCW with Mayhem.  

Well, I never thought it would happen but the era of HulkaMania in the WWF has ended. This is very interesting. On one hand, it's no doubt a huge blow to the WWF. On the other hand, the door is wide open for others, especially Savage and Warrior. 

The Demolition/Rockers storyline has gotten over big time and what perfect timing. 

I'm looking forward to the Royal Rumble. I'm sure the WWF has big plans for the winner. 

If there's one man who can rebound from Hogan leaving, it's Mr. McMahon. I can just see his wheels spinning. 

1/8 Superstars of Wrestling w/ Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Jesse and Vince are in living Color here and they are putting over a huge night of action. We’ll have ten more participants added to the Royal Rumble plus Hacksaw Jim Duggan on the Brother Love Show talking about his match with Randy Savage the WWF Champion at the Royal Rumble. Jesse says it is a new era in the WWF and someone is going to take their rightful spot at the top of the mountain… he thinks it will be Randy Savage but tonight we’ll see some others who are gunning for that spot!

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated John Williams. Rude has an inset interview talking about being in the WWF Royal Rumble and how he is going to walk in and give everyone a Rude Awakening!

Special video showcase of the one and the only… The American Dream Dusty Rhodes!!!

The Steiner Brothers defeated John Mixon & Pat Trestman - We get an inset interview from Kevin Sullivan who is ranting and raving about the Steiner Brothers… he says that he is going to unleash the newest member of the Varsity Club on them at the Royal Rumble!

Rick Martel defeated Ryane Skiles. We get a Honky Tonk and Jimmy Hart inset interview. They pump up the IC title match at Royal Rumble where Honky says he is going to play all his hits in one night and walk out with a gold record… I mean gold title!

Brother Love Show with Hacksaw Duggan… Brother Love runs his shtick on Hacksaw who no sells it all. Brother Love is questioning whether or not Hacksaw can make a challenge for Randy Savage to which Hacksaw comes back and talks about America. He talks about being someone who will come back when all things are down and he will be the man to rise above and come out with the World Title… Tough Guy! Brother Love asks about Randy Savage’s friends throughout the WWF like the Twin Towers or the Heenan Family… Duggan says he is going to keep one eye on Savage and the other on any fools who try to get involved in this match!

Davey Boy Smith defeated Geoffrey Simmons. Bulldog with a nice little promo putting over the Royal Rumble. We hear Jesse and Vince talk about Daey Boy and how he is going to strive, survive, or try to stay alive in singles competition! 

The Z-Man defeated Timmy Conway. We get an inset with Muta and Dangerously. Paul E lets everyone know that the Z-man’s days are numbered… just like Tito Santana before him and Rick Martel to come… the Great Muta will destroy any and all comers in his path and there will be none left standing… but many left bowing to his greatness!

Debut of Wildfire Tommy Rich who gets a nice little pop from the crowd. Wildfire isn’t quite 1980 Tommy Rich, but he comes out and gets a nice little pop. He handles Fred Warner pretty easily while Vince and Jesse put him over. The finish is the Thesz Press and the 3-count. The Wild Fire is in the WWF… what in the world is going on!

Event Center: 

The Royal Rumble so far…

1. Big Bossman

2. One Man Gang

3. Davey Boy Smith

4. Brutus Beefcake

5. Terry Taylor

6. Ravishing Rick Rude

7. King Kong Bundy

8. Haku

9. Hercules

10. The Warlord

11. The Barbarian

12. Koko B Ware

13. ST Jones

14. Andre the Giant

15. Maniac Matt

16. Demolition Ax

17. Demolition Smash

18. Rocker Shawn Michaels

19. Rocker Marty Jannetty

20. Greg Valentine

21. Dino Bravo

22. Jacques Rougeau

23. Raymond Rougeau

Gene puts over how we’ve got 7 more names to go… but who will join the frey? Right now the big money is on the Big Bossman… maybe Andre the Giant… how about Rick Rude… could the strength of Davey Boy Smith take him to the end?

Plus signed… The Great Muta will be taking on The Z-Man, The Ultimate Warrior vs Bad News Brown, Rick Martel defends the Intercontinental Championship against the Honky Tonk Man, and WWF Champion Randy Savage defends against Hacksaw Jim Duggan! Brother Love will host former tag team champions!

• LowBlowPodcast changed the title to World Wrestling Federation