Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/9 - 8/12 - Eddie Met Kawada And Kobashi

Timbo Slice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That JAS segment was a bad choice to start the show, but at least they moved it along fairly quickly. If that had been a WWE segment, with that many people in the ring, they would have had to make sure that everybody got a few pages of scripted dialogue in, and it would’ve gone on for an hour. But to me, it was pretty much pointless melodrama.

Not that this is surprising, but The Hardys are just done. It’s just sad to watch them now. I hate to see acts that should have enough sense to hang it up when it’s time, still trying to hang on for one last great match that probably is just not going to come. Also, maybe it was just me, but I found the crowd energy for that face off between FTR and The Bucks to be somewhat lacklustre.

This whole MJF/Cole thing has already jumped the shark as far as I’m concerned. The fans are into it, but it really does nothing for me and these stupid vignettes are just cringe worthy.

RVD did his best, and he could have looked worse, I guess, but it was still a little sad for me to see that as well. But it was what it was, and I guess the point was to put Jack Perry over.

The mere sight of Jon Moxley just irritates me now, I am so over that guy. I also noticed that we have gotten to the point where the announcers are openly making fun of the fact that he can’t be on TV without bleeding. I am guessing this is leading up to a BCC/Death Triangle match at All In and I could not possibly care less.

I have no issue with Sting & Darby vs. Swerve & Fox at All In.

And…Anna Jay is in the Main Event of Dynamite. Let’s just let that sink in, shall we? I guess someone who has the initials TK and loves that yayo was a little “got to” by all the recent online drama surrounding the AEW women’s division, so last week and this week are his response. Ugh.

The one thing I find fascinating is that this is the same company that produced this show, which also produces Collision every Saturday. Collision is consistently a home run show. Even when they don’t succeed, they at least come across as putting in the best possible effort, and 99% of the time that show is outstanding. It almost boggles my mind that this is the same company that puts on both shows. Weird.

Oh yeah, I have one other little quibble when it comes to creative. Two weeks ago, CM Punk went on national television, and announced that since he never lost the World Heavyweight Championship, he is still the champ. He produced the belt, he’s carrying it around, and he had actually defended it.

MJF, who is the recognized champion, has had exactly NOTHING to say about this? I’m not saying you have to book a match right now or anything, but you don’t think he could reference it?

2 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Oh yeah, I have one other little quibble when it comes to creative. Two weeks ago, CM Punk went on national television, and announced that since he never lost the World Heavyweight Championship, he is still the champ. He produced the belt, he’s carrying it around, and he had actually defended it.

MJF, who is the recognized champion, has had exactly NOTHING to say about this? I’m not saying you have to book a match right now or anything, but you don’t think he could reference it?

The show just seems a lot more focused with everybody working together to make sure it's formatted correctly.

Whereas with Dynamite it feels like the show is just a collection of ideas thrown out there with only a few conscious decisions. Tell me what did Anna Jay do to deserve a main event slot? It's almost like the division is being set up to fail.

You may also have a point on MJF. The guy is clearly talented, but if you're the challenger brand, wouldn't one point of difference involve having a fighting champion? Hangman defeated Moxley at Revolution and hasn't shown any interest in challenging for the belt - why should the fans care when the guys on TV don't?

6 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Not that this is surprising, but The Hardys are just done. It’s just sad to watch them now. I hate to see acts that should have enough sense to hang it up when it’s time, still trying to hang on for one last great match that probably is just not going to come. Also, maybe it was just me, but I found the crowd energy for that face off between FTR and The Bucks to be somewhat lacklustre.

RVD did his best, and he could have looked worse, I guess, but it was still a little sad for me to see that as well. But it was what it was, and I guess the point was to put Jack Perry over.

I thought RVD and the Hardyz looked like they can still go. Jeff's still hitting the corkscrew plancha and the swanton bomb. RVD was in good shape, he's 52 (same age as Jericho) and nailed all his signature spots.   

6 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

And…Anna Jay is in the Main Event of Dynamite. Let’s just let that sink in, shall we? I guess someone who has the initials TK and loves that yayo was a little “got to” by all the recent online drama surrounding the AEW women’s division, so last week and this week are his response. Ugh.

Yeah, I think this is what Lufisto was talking about with the return of the Diva. Anna looks like a supermodel and it's not about "the work". I don't think teenage boys were too upset over it. Shida went over anyway, she's the champion. Shida's finisher looked shitty and it was a bad camera angle. 

I have been loving everything about the MJF/Cole story. Very intrigued by them wrestling twice at Wembley. That vignette with MJF just beating the shit out of the kids in dodgeball was brilliant and it totally killed me. MJF is right: Fuck them kids. 

I don’t know if it’s true but the rumor going around now is “The Golden Lovers” and Hangman Page vs. Bullet Club Gold and Takeshita at All In, and then Omega vs. Takeshita at All Out.

I don’t know, that seems like an odd choice to me. This show at Wembley is arguably the biggest show in the history of the company and they’re sticking Omega in a Trios match?!

You also have to feel for PAC, who is apparently going to miss the show due to injury. It’s not like a show like this is going to come again anytime soon in his home country, it’s going to suck for him to miss it.

I think that match sounds pretty good to me even if you could run Golden Lovers vs Bullet Club Gold as a straight tag attraction. You’ll probably get a good 5 minute spell in the match where Omega and Takeshita go back and forth to build the All Out match and there’s plenty of history and first-time teases you can play out and milk with a huge stadium crowd.

I’m more disappointed that AEW is seemingly snakebit with injury timings as we’ve been robbed of Danielson/Nigel, Hayter’s triumphant return and a heroes welcome for PAC. All three of those would have been big moments and worthy of the occasion 

Though, I do think if All In doesn’t have a big Omega single match, it should definitely have a big Orange Cassidy singles match. Run the Mox match with Kingston and Claudio in their respective corners

On 8/9/2023 at 10:15 PM, The Thread Killer said:

My take on this is that he came out last year looking for Punk's approval and friendship and Punk turned him down, starting their feud. Now that he's found everything he had been looking for in Punk in Adam Cole, Punk is kind of beneath his notice. He's putting aside everything that he previously felt was important for his new friendship. That's the story and this tracks for it.