Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/9 - 8/12 - Eddie Met Kawada And Kobashi

Timbo Slice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one thing if everyone agrees to treat Collision as Punk's personal sandbox that is off limits to anyone who has made it onto his shit list for whatever reason. But if he's kicking people out after they've already been flown in, he's costing the company money for no good reason. TK needs to nip that in the bud with the quickness. 

Hausman's report on the whole thing is hilarious

https://www.hausofwrestling.com/2023/08/14/more-on-christopher-daniels-others-not-at-aew-collision-exclusive/

As for Nemeth, we have also confirmed his comments on Twitter, where he called Punk the “softest man alive” from his now-deactivated account, did him no favors, and is the reason he was asked to leave Collision. Punk is said to not be looking for any drama backstage at Collision and felt Nemeth’s previous comments showed his willingness to unnecessarily stir the pot in the locker room.

We have not heard anything in regard to Punk asking to have Page or Hardy not be present at the Greensboro Coliseum for the taping. However, we were told that Punk’s post-Collision promo comments about Page did not come across how he would have liked them and that he felt bad about them afterward. At this time, The Elite and Punk have not met to bury the hatchet, but it sounds like Punk is keeping the door open to that possibility.

This dude is too fucking old to be acting like this :lol:

And The Elite continue to get all these stories out to repeat the same cycle: 1) there's a good feeling about something related to Punk. 2) Punk can't help himself and does something to stir the pot publicly (via interview, social media or AEW TV). 3) We get a number of new negative stories related to Punk. 4) Punk falls back. 5) Go back to 1).

9 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

TK needs to nip that in the bud with the quickness. 

We've been waiting 11 months for that and it doesn't seem it will ever happen.

8 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

It's one thing if everyone agrees to treat Collision as Punk's personal sandbox that is off limits to anyone who has made it onto his shit list for whatever reason. But if he's kicking people out after they've already been flown in, he's costing the company money for no good reason. TK needs to nip that in the bud with the quickness. 

Yeah but if Tony Khan had any sort of control over his locker room, none of this shit would have happened to begin with.

Tony's a nebbish, god bless him. He's more Woody Allen (minus the, you know) than Pol Pot. He'd struggle to stamp his authoritah on his own dog.

I got angry, once. At a person. They just laughed. I suspect Tony knows the feeling. I even tried being an arsehole for a few weeks but people weren't buying it.

Eh, I don't believe any of this shit. It's all hearsay from unreliable wrestling "reporters" just like always. I'll just watch the shows on TV & ignore all the backstage nonsense as I'm sure a lot of it is fabricated to try to add "heat" to shit in AEW anyway. 

Yeah I think you're seeing the limits of the DVDVR style of booking and talent management.  You have a number of diverse talents with their own egos and views on how wrestling should.  While it sounds like fun to see how these clash the reality you have a lot of guys with a different views on the business from the Elite's goofy, holier than thou style to Punk and co's more classic issue based style.  I think the hope was something like a package show, 90s WCW maybe, with a little something for everyone.  But like WCW it's made for a divided locker room with no one on the same page and everyone out for themselves.  It's gotten to the point where there's literally two separate shows with different booking philosophies and feels (Ironically the WWE has been trying to accomplish this with every brand split and can't get out of its own way the other way).

All that said I wouldn't hold my breath on TK acting.  Just watching the Mitro situation as a Fulham supporter you can see how slow tbe Khans are to act. In this case the money is good and ratings are decent I think this keeps happening until someone gives up. 

I've seen a few posts about The Elite (or at least the Bucks) acting "holier than thou" in this situation, and I am kind of confused where that comes from. They've ignored the situation in public and in private, are just declining to work with Punk, while Punk can not stop himself from NOTICE ME PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UGLY ANYWAY type shit. Be it be shooting himself into a work, or working himself into a shoot.

Punk cutting an unscripted promo on Hangman isn't backstage hearsay. It happened in the middle of the ring and was caught on tape. By the way, let's rethink the notion that every instance of Punk lashing out is in response to some secret provocation by the Elite. The only public acknowledgment of the situation by the Bucks and Omega was the match in Chicago where they did the spots mocking Punk, which was childish and lame. I refuse to believe those clowns are such diabolical puppet masters that Punk just can't help repeatedly stumbling into their sinister traps.

4 hours ago, strobogo said:

I've seen a few posts about The Elite (or at least the Bucks) acting "holier than thou" in this situation, and I am kind of confused where that comes from. They've ignored the situation in public and in private, are just declining to work with Punk, while Punk can not stop himself from NOTICE ME PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UGLY ANYWAY type shit. Be it be shooting himself into a work, or working himself into a shoot.

I think the general idea comes from two things:

- Punk saying he had attempted to reach out to the Bucks during the suspensions and getting rebuffed

- The Bucks being religious and some folks using that against them (because they aren’t being as “forgiving” in the Christian sense in this situation)

Whether you trust the former or think the latter is fair is up to you, of course.

You know, I give Punk a pass on Nemeth. Dude was talking all that good shit online and got called out on it in person. That should happen to more people. 

The rest of it though? OK, he gets a  lot of leeway for being the top draw but if even half of these stories are true it's just silly. 

On 8/14/2023 at 1:14 PM, Dav'oh said:

Tony's a nebbish, god bless him. He's more Woody Allen (minus the, you know) than Pol Pot. He'd struggle to stamp his authoritah on his own dog.

I got angry, once. At a person. They just laughed. I suspect Tony knows the feeling. I even tried being an arsehole for a few weeks but people weren't buying it.

Agree on all this. Dude's just one of those types you just can't take seriously as a hard ass. 

5 hours ago, The Man in Blak said:

I think the general idea comes from two things:

- Punk saying he had attempted to reach out to the Bucks during the suspensions and getting rebuffed

- The Bucks being religious and some folks using that against them (because they aren’t being as “forgiving” in the Christian sense in this situation)

Whether you trust the former or think the latter is fair is up to you, of course.

I still fail to see how just not interacting with the guy is "holier than thou". If they were ignoring his attempts at contact, but going out on TV or social media or podcasts talking shit about him, that'd be a different case. But they aren't. They're just declining to interact with him at all. 

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

I still fail to see how just not interacting with the guy is "holier than thou". If they were ignoring his attempts at contact, but going out on TV or social media or podcasts talking shit about him, that'd be a different case. But they aren't. They're just declining to interact with him at all. 

I think the issue is they are "being above it" but then all of these rumors and reports are coming from their "guys" like Meltzer and trashing Punk and complaining how he's a cancer.  It's kind of passive aggressive and that irritates people.   Combine that with a segment of fans that vastly prefer what Punk does to what they do and there you are.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:18 AM, Coffey said:

Eh, I don't believe any of this shit. It's all hearsay from unreliable wrestling "reporters" just like always. I'll just watch the shows on TV & ignore all the backstage nonsense as I'm sure a lot of it is fabricated to try to add "heat" to shit in AEW anyway. 

This 100%

Until these "reporters" start quoting sources, I take everything with a grain of salt.

It's the same when an anonymous GM says something damning about a rival team's player or draft pick.