Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/9 - 8/12 - Eddie Met Kawada And Kobashi

Timbo Slice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Man in Blak said:

Work or not, maybe you keep Punk away from live microphones for at least a couple hours after a match. Good episode of Collision otherwise, though.

I don't get why he seems to have such a hard on for Page. With the Bucks/Kenny at least there's the whole VP thing, but it seems like Hangman's only crimes are being friends with people Punk doesn't like and not accepting his attempts to give him advice.  Like I get it the youngins should be listening to the old heads but if they don't want to hear it then just drop it. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

The way it's going, TK won't ever be able to book Page vs Punk out of fear Hangman will beat the shit out of him. 

Of all the possible CM Punk/Elite matchups that could happen (but aren’t because of this drama) is Punk/Hangman II really one of those anyhow? Is there anybody out there really bemoaning the fact that we are being robbed of that match? I wasn’t even really interested in Punk/Page the first time. I‘d much rather see CMFTR vs. Kenny & The Bucks, Punk vs. Omega, or Punk & Whoever vs. The Bucks.

Thanks to his bland, unremarkable character and Tony Khan’s lacklustre booking of him, I can’t honestly think of a Hangman Page match I would be excited to see at this point. The last Hangman rivalry I thought was even remotely good was that series against Moxley and how long ago was that?

Maybe they should see if they could milk any more drama out of the Hangman/Dark Order storyline! I think that still has mileage, right?

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

I don't get why he seems to have such a hard on for Page.

Punk is never going to forgive Page for going off script and shooting on him in that promo way back when. That was really what started this whole mess between him and The Elite. Punk is one of those guys that seems to be incapable of letting stuff go.

From everything I have read and heard, Punk is one of those guys that if he decides he likes you, then his generosity and kindness knows no bounds. But if he doesn’t like you or he thinks you have crossed him, then you have yourself an enemy for life. I actually saw Hornswoggle of all people talk about that in a shoot interview, years ago.

I'm just saying that Kenny and the Bucks have solid reasons to play ball and do business, both from a corporate sense since they're in management and from a money making sense since the matches would almost certainly draw huge money.   Page/Punk could potentially draw big money too but if I'm TK there's no reason to not think Punk would spend the whole time shooting on him. 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

I'm just saying that Kenny and the Bucks have solid reasons to play ball and do business, both from a corporate sense since they're in management and from a money making sense since the matches would almost certainly draw huge money.   Page/Punk could potentially draw big money too but if I'm TK there's no reason to not think Punk would spend the whole time shooting on him. 

It’s actually kind of funny, when you think about it. Punk’s inability to forget a slight (either real or perceived) reminds me of his biggest hero, Bret Hart. Now that dude can hold a grudge. To this day, just see what happens if you mention the name Goldberg or Hulk Hogan or Eric Bischoff around Bret Hart. It’s like he is angrier about them now than he was at the time that he had problems with them originally.

31 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I think Bret has a number of more valid and serious reasons to be pissed at all those guys than Punk does for a guy saying something he didn't like in a promo.

Bret Hart is totally capable of holding a petty grudge. He personally called Greg Oliver to complain about where he was ranked in Oliver’s book about the greatest Canadian Pro Wrestlers of all time. (And then staged that uncomfortable walk out at the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame over it.) I love Bret Hart, but it’s obvious he and Punk are cut from similar cloth.

7 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Yeah well....I like Bret more so I don't care that he's a bitter fuck. He also has actual brain damage so 

Being bitter is all part of what makes Bret who he is, I don’t hate him for it. I remember a couple of years ago somebody asked Jim Cornette of all people about Bret. Cornette said that when he worked with Bret, he used to think that Bret took things way too seriously, but then he came to realize that if more people had that attitude, the business would probably be in a much better place than it ended up.

And yes…I am aware of the irony of Jim Cornette thinking somebody takes the Pro Wrestling business too seriously.

I don’t doubt that; I just think it’s funny that reality paints a very different picture of all this. It’s the same point I made when it all happened: The Bucks made a mistake, Punk also made a mistake, but Punk’s version of what’s happened has bore true more than the Bucks’ version has. Punk at least understands there’s business to be made here, while the Bucks are playing the Holier Than Thou card it seems. I’m sure we’ll get some cute reference from them at Wembley in the FTR match to further the passive aggressiveness both sides seem to be leaning on. 

Reports also say he got Ryan Nemeth, Christopher Daniels, and Matt Hardy thrown out of the building during recent Collision tapings. I like Daniels, but I am fine with a jobber like Nemeth not being allowed backstage, and every single person who stops Matt fucking Hardy from getting near a wrestling ring in 2023 is a goddamn hero of mine.