Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/21 - 08/27 OG Dragon Ball is peak action adventure stuff

KawadaSmile

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Including Z? Or just Dragon Ball? Because Z could have been done in like 12 episodes total. 

Dragon Ball, the one with Kid Goku. 

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

Chad Gable is a hell of a wrestler but this stupid “THANK YOU!” and “Shoosh!” gimmick are both beyond stupid. First Shorty G and now this. Just let the poor guy wrestle.

Bubba that shit is great stuff. Having your workhorses do schtick AND wrestle is a good thing. It's like New Day with some of their spots.

2 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Chad Gable is a hell of a wrestler but this stupid “THANK YOU!” and “Shoosh!” gimmick are both beyond stupid. First Shorty G and now this. Just let the poor guy wrestle.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but you can't just be a good wrestler and succeed in WWE. There has to be some sizzle with the steak. 

GUNTHER is two weeks away from breaking the Honk-A-Meter. 

Seems like another Triple H move not only to drag out programs, but also having these extremely long title reigns. Asuka's two year NXT reign comes to mind. Hunter dragged out Roman's "reign" so long they had to create another title. 

59 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Every time they mention Quebec City it just reminds me that I miss the Nordiques. 

You and me both.

That crowd was hot all night and I'm so glad Quebec City didn't disappoint. I don't think we'll have to wait that long before getting another show, let alone TV.

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

IIRC Hunter said once a while back he's a fan of long title reigns. Plus it does make titles meaningful if they aren't being traded like Pokemon cards every week. 

That is conventional wisdom and that's precisely what bothers me about Hunter's creative. Roman hasn't lost the Universal Championship that he took from...The Fiend! That's 1080+ days! I'd argue the title has lost meaning because people can't even remember when Roman's current reign started and they had to crown another champion.

43 minutes ago, MLB said:

GUNTHER is two weeks away from breaking the Honk-A-Meter. 

Seems like another Triple H move not only to drag out programs, but also having these extremely long title reigns. Asuka's two year NXT reign comes to mind. Hunter dragged out Roman's "reign" so long they had to create another title. 

next week RAW is in Memphis, please bring out Honky Tonk!

To be fair, they had to crown another champion because they booked themselves in a corner because they had Roman beat Brock to win both belts. It wasn't so much because Roman was champ so long, but because they already established he was unbeatable. They need to have two top titles to keep both TV partners happy, so here we are. 

Also he's been champ since 2020, and there was something else going on in the world at that time that played a part in him holding the belt that long. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

To be fair, they had to crown another champion because they booked themselves in a corner because they had Roman beat Brock to win both belts. It wasn't so much because Roman was champ so long, but because they already established he was unbeatable. They need to have two top titles to keep both TV partners happy, so here we are. 

Also he's been champ since 2020, and there was something else going on in the world at that time that played a part in him holding the belt that long. 

You raise a fair point about the lockdown, I just struggle to come up with a more boring booker than HHH literally ever. Dusty, Watts, Bischoff, Russo, VKM himself, Heyman, Cornette. Jim Herd was more exciting than Hunter. 

A lot of those NXT acts were already established before Hunter, he added zilch. Okay, he gave Cole the "BOOM!". HHH put on Nakamura vs. El Generico with absolutely no build, wow what a genius. That's all I can think of. Gargano versus Andrade "Cien" Almas was this 5 star match without any memorable angle or promo. Zero memory of it. Bayley and Sasha was a big deal at the time, but it felt like a lot of the hype was "OMG WOMEN ARE DOING THIS!". Where are the double crosses? The swerves? Remember AOP? Lars Sullivan? If Hunter's stuck on the flavors of ice cream he's definitely the most vanilla I've ever tasted.  

11 hours ago, MLB said:

I'd argue the title has lost meaning because people can't even remember when Roman's current reign started and they had to crown another champion.

I argue the exact opposite. Let's compare his reign to Rollins'. Seth has been defending that title frequently yet not a single defense of his meant more than Roman defending his belt against Jey (or defending it against Seth himself, for that matter).

Presentation matters. Roman is presented and carries himself like the biggest fucking deal in the company and Seth, despite his many pushes, never projected himself to that level. At this point, I don't think Seth is carrying himself as someone more important than Gunther. 

I'm not usually the guy who would make argument for physical presentations or anything, considering I'm gravitating more towards technical wrestling but there is an aura about the presentation of both Roman and Gunther due to their size that Seth just doesn't have. Sure, Seth is over and everything with his Elton John-like attires but there's just something about Roman and Gunther that screams "final boss tier" that you'll never have with Seth.

To be honest, while I'm the most intrigued for a Seth title defense in ages at Payback, it's not even because of Seth but the presentation of Shinsuke Nakamura with the vignette, the whisper and the mindgames.