Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/23 - 8/26 - Visa Issues Kept This From Being Made On Time

Timbo Slice

Only halfway through, but if they don't give Ospreay the win, Tony is crazy. 

As someone who really only watches WWE (PLEs) and AEW TV shows, I'm that 40 year old fan that basically watches the most easily accessible stuff via a Peacock subscription and Hulu Live. I've seen a handful of Will Ospreay matches and probably none of the ones that I should've or would be considered top tier. I don't think I've heard him cut a real promo that wasn't hyping a Forbidden Door show.

But that promo, that 60 seconds, was awesome. Passionate and personal and felt real. I want to see this guy every week now. I knew he was a good wrestler, but now, I'm invested in the character too.

Speaking of fathers, I brought this up before about MJF but I'll never understand why Ospreay had to mention his four year-old stepson that he's putting through school in the middle of a pretty good heel promo. The father of child isn't paying any kind of support and Ospreay adopted the kid? I doubt that. I'm sick of heels sharing these details like that. Ospreay isn't even married, why is he paying for the kid? I don't wanna think about this stuff that has nothing to do with the program and doesn't seem appropriate. We're supposed to boo Ospreay.

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

What about Stan Hansen talking about his fat wife and brood of kids he had to feed? There's absolutely nothing wrong with a heel mentioning he has an actual life away from wrestling that is important.

How is it important? Ospreay didn't say, "I gotta feed my fat girlfriend and her bastard kid!" Tully Blanchard's feud with Magnum TA didn't have Tully talking about his aunt going through chemotherapy or putting his dog down, you know what I'm saying? I don't remember the Undertaker cutting a promo saying, "...I was a shy kid". 

17 minutes ago, MLB said:

Cassidy has the most matches in the company for 2023 at 43 total. Skye Blue is second with 35 and Darby's got 33.

That still only amounts to less than two matches a week, a lot of them being tag team or multi man matches. That's not that bad, I would assume.