Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/04 - 09/10 Monday Night Ucey

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

I've heard a rumor that the WWE/UFC merger will go through on Tuesday. If that does happen, do we anticipate a lot of layoffs? 

I think in the WWE office for sure that is pretty much guaranteed. Once the companies have merged, there is going to be a lot of duplicated positions, two companies with people doing the exact same job. As far as talent, that is an interesting question, but I don’t know if there is any indicator one way or the other yet.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:55 AM, sek69 said:

Also doing Becky/Tiff now helps no one. You shouldn't be beating either one right now, and doing a fuck finish would just throw cold water on both of them. 

Nah, this is bubble talk. Tiffany Stratton is a relative nobody in the grand scheme of things. Being in there with Becky considerably raises her profile and helps NXT.

If this was a main roster match, where Asuka and Rhea got sacrificed at the altar of "The Queen," it would be a different story. 

But right now, Tiffany - who is still practically a rookie - is fine taking a loss to Becky in WWE's developmental/not developmental/developmental again when AEW is brought up promotion.

Big Time Becks' presence will only shine more of a spotlight on Tiffany Stratton and all of NXT - just as Dom has done. 

I'm all in on the return of factions. It's like 97 but with stars. No offense to Savio. My current favorite is Lashley and the Profits.  They're either still trying to come up with a new name or they aren't going to have one. It feels like if they were gonna call them The Hurt Business they'd have done it by now. Watch, next week Bobby will announce that they're the Hurt Business.  :)

On 9/7/2023 at 12:07 PM, Coffey said:

I've heard a rumor that the WWE/UFC merger will go through on Tuesday. If that does happen, do we anticipate a lot of layoffs? 

If they sign Punk, they’ll have to significantly expand the bureaucracy. Coordinating that guy showing up to the arena and leaving it without incident will necessitate an army of planners working round the clock!