Pro Wrestling Only

Music City Wrestling

LastStopTour

Like Tojo keeping watch on the floor allowing Jamie do his thing. Liz is determined to at least have a conversation.

The Cubans make some poor local suffer for their money.

Riggins & Baxter win the rematch proving they belong together.

A well hyped main event ends in total chaos. Definitely gonna have the locals coming back next week.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss Kentucky is causing some waves here. I wonder if Jamie will be able to resist. 

Looks like Riggins has finally found the right partner. I'm also secretly hoping for a Weiss/King connection. Could be a fun heel team. 

I've been a big fan of the Renesto boys, add in the Assassin and we've got a top heel faction. And now there's a money making feud with Michales and Grundy. 

Onto the Fairgrounds,

Yea, not sure Jamie will be able to resist the temptation of Miss Kentucky. 

Fidel gets a chance to shine. 

Riggens and Baxter once again get the best of Weiss and King. Give Weiss and King one more chance, third time's a charm LOL. 

Wild way to end the night. Blaze must be happy coming right into a main event program. 

Music City Wrestling
9-24-1988
National Guard Armory
Sparta, Tennessee

Promoter Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the Sparta National Guard Armory for a Sunday matinee of wrestling action.

- Jamie Dundee w/Dark Journey & Tojo Yamamoto versus Mr. Memphis. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
The masked man plays Jerry Lawler with all the moves and mannerisms of the King minus the size as he's a little guy. With the masked man heeling it up, Jamie Dundee is cheered for everything he does. After dropping the straps, Mr. Memphis goes to the top rope and comes off with a fistdrop that misses when Dundee rolls out of the way. Spinning neckbreaker and Jamie picks up the win.

After the match we get a repeat of last night as a lone Miss Kentucky makes her way to the ring. Once inside, her path is blocked by both DJ and Tojo. Miss Kentucky asks for a mic where she says she's just here for business. She tells Jamie under her, the sky is the limit which goes much further than it ever would with that floozy Dark Journey. All she asks is that he hear her out and think it over. She leaves without incident.

- Jed Grundy versus Dennis Allen. Referee Danny Davis.
The big farmer is a hit with the fans and is cheered throughout while beating the youngster around the ring. Ring shaking side slam for the win by Grundy.

- Reno Riggins & Shawn Baxter versus Johnny Weiss & Rocky King. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
The saying is third time is the charm as Weiss and King do their best to prove to Reno Riggins he made a mistake. Unfortunately for them, Shawn Baxter appears to be the real deal as he and Reno pick up yet another victory.

- Bert with an intermission addresses the crowd about an upcoming tag team tournament. We already have a Music City Champion but now it is time to crown a tag team as the best in Nashville! Four team one night tournament. Only four teams will be picked to compete in a one night tournament. Stay tuned for more exciting information!

- Cody Michaels (C) versus Don Bass. Referee Danny Davis.
The hard hitting cowboy rocked the champ in the early going. It appeared Bass was on his way to becoming the New Champion but Michaels survived the onslaught, thanks to the fans' support as they cheered him on, breathing life into him.

The two went back and forth before a frustrated Bass grabbed his cowbell on a bullrope and introduced it into the match. Swinging it at Michaels, the Champ ducked and Bass followed through bashing the referee in the head and knocking him out.

Without the ref, the two went back and forth before Bass decked Cody with the bell. Bass with the cover but no referee to count until referee Jerry Calhoun ran down to the ring. Bass with the cover once again ... 1! 2! 3! NOOOOOOO!!! CODY MICHAELS WITH THE KICK OUT! Bass starts arguing with Calhoun and shoves him back as Cody Michaels rolls Don Bass to the mat with an inside cradle ... 1! 2! 3! CODY MCHAELS HAS PINNED DON BASS TO RETAIN THE TITLE!

Bass kicks up a fuss in the ring as Michaels escapes to the outside and celebrates the win, sending everyone home happy!

Great man event with the babyface getting a win as the heel argues with the second ref.  Great booking here.  I also like how much you thought about who would fit into a Nashville promotion.  A few farmers, some little guy in a mask as Mr. Memphis and Miss. Kentucky.  Great all around job.  I am always really entertained.

Bert gets in a nice shot on Lawler, but Mr. Memphis proves he's no King. LOL, Bert got his point across.

I like the realism by having the same Miss Kentucky angle going on across the loop. 

Well, I guess I was wrong with the third time's a charm theory. I am glad Riggins has finally found a solid partner. 

Great main event with Bass going all out heel which really helps get Michales over as a champ overcoming the odds. 

Oh, I meant to post this to you, so I'll just do it here. You asked about my jobber names. Most of the time I combine the first name of somebody with a last name of somebody else. Some are people I actually know LOL. Here's an example from my last show. I used the name Burt Eastwood, which is a combination of Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds :) 

1 hour ago, spaldoni said:

Oh, I meant to post this to you, so I'll just do it here. You asked about my jobber names. Most of the time I combine the first name of somebody with a last name of somebody else. Some are people I actually know LOL. Here's an example from my last show. I used the name Burt Eastwood, which is a combination of Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds :) 

Haha! That's funny. The Burt Eastwood example - that was my thought exactly.

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

Voiceover: You are watching Music City Wrestling on WCAY-TV, Channel 30!

We transition to taped action ... We get a ref bump when Champion Bill Ash gets knocked into a corner and pulls the referee into the way as Cody Michaels charges in and lands a flying cross body block and down goes the ref! Ash nails Michaels who tries to help the referee. Boot stomping begins before Ash motions for Brian Knighton to get into the ring and help.

Knighton is booed to high heaven as he gladly gets into the ring to put a hurting on his former foe Michaels. The smiling Knighton grabs Ash by the arm and sends him across the ring. Following, he leaps in the air and grabs at the Champion ... FLYING REAR CHINLOCK! WHAT THE?!?! BRIAN KNIGHTON HAS HIT THE ARKANSAS WHIPLASH ON BILL ASH! HE'S HIT THE CHAMP WITH HIS OWN FINISHER!

The audience is stunned silent as Brian Knighton kicks Bill Ash to his back before dragging Cody Michaels over and drapes his arm across Champ. Yanking the referee over, Knighton slaps his face several times to help bring him around ... There's a count ... 1! ... 2! ... 3! CODY MICHAELS HAS PINNED BILL ASH AND HAS BECOME THE NEW IPW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

The audience erupts with cheers as the smiling Knighton leaves the ring and heads for the back. Stopping to look directly into the camera, a smirking Brian Knighton says only one thing, as he points, "Now, you owe me".  The fans cheer and chant Michaels' name as he holds his head, leaning back against the ropes to support himself as the referee hands him the title belt ...

Music plays to start the show over wrestling action from Music City's favorites before ending with the MCW logo.

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
From the WCAY-TV studios in Nashville, Tennessee!
Airing at 10:30 am Central on WCAY-TV, Channel 30
Taped: Thursday, September 28, 1988
Aired: Saturday, September 30, 1988

Bert Prentice
Danny Davis & Jerry Calhoun - Referees

bertprentice.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action but before getting to the action, he talks about the action from the top of the program in Arkansas that saw Cody Michaels unseat Bill Ash as champion before the promotion moved to Tennessee to become Music City Wrestling. He talks about Michaels' months leading up to the title match where he feuded with Brian Knighton and was unbeaten. Champion Bill Ash took Brian Knighton under his wing and Knighton paid him back by stabbing him in the back, leaving Cody Michaels the Music City Champion ...

axlSM.jpg

A smiling Brian Knighton walks out and Prentice wants to know what he is smiling about?  Knighton says life is good. A clean new start in Tennessee instead of the Arkansas that all but sucked the life out of him ... and here he is AND CODY MICHAELS OWES HIM. If it wasn't for Brian Knighton, Cody Michaels is opening the show against nobody. Prentice disagrees because Cody Michaels certainly had Knighton's number, that's for sure. Like he said, that's all water under the bridge and one day, Brian Knighton is coming to collect.

Bert doesn't like the sound of that but is sure Cody Michaels can take care of himself! Speaking of titles ... TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT! From the Fairgrounds Sports Arena,  A one night tag team tournament! Random draw so it could be anyone involved! We'll have four teams battling it out to join Cody Michaels with the gold! Get your tickets because they are sure to sell out! He throws it to a commercial!

x-x-x-x-x Local commercials x-x-x-x-x
Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! Music City Wrestling invades the Nashville Fairgrounds for an evening of action! Get your tickets while they still last! One night tag team tournament to crown Music City's FIRST TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS that is not to be missed!

Jamie Dundee w/Dark Journey and Tojo Yamamoto versus Dennis Allen. Referee Danny Davis.
Decent match with the bigger Dennis Allen cheating whenever possible that has Dark Journey losing her mind. Thinking he had the match won, Dennis Allen turned his attention to DJ which turned out to be a big mistake as Dundee slid in behind and rolled him up for the three count!

The victorious Dundee celebrates in the ring when Miss Kentucky made her weekly appearance. She said she was here to get an answer from Dundee. He said he wasn't interested which brought a smile to DJ's face as Tojo stepped closer to Miss Kentucky in case she tried any funny business.

It didn't come from the front ... it came from behind as Bruno hit the ring and and slammed his cast into the back of Jamie's head which took him right down.

With surprise on her side, Miss Kentucky and Bruno hightailed it out of there, stopping to tell the camera if she couldn't have him no one could!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! Music City Wrestling invades the Nashville Fairgrounds for an evening of action! Get your tickets while they still last! MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

We return to the program with Bert Prentice having been joined by Jed Grundy. Grundy talks about last week's 6-man match with Bobby Blaze and Cody Michaels who were "this close" to beating the Assassin and the Renestos ...

Here comes the Assassin ...

The Assassin thinks Grundy's been sniffing too much horse dung down on the farm if he thinks they were close to beating him and the Renestos last week. Way he remembers it, the referee did them a favor by ending it before any of them got hurt by the superior wrestlers.

The two go nose to nose before shoving each other then taking swings. They move it to the ring ...

The Assassin versus Jed Grundy. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
We got ourselves a match! The two hit each other with everything in the arsenal before the masked man starts to fiddle with the mask then knocking Grundy silly with a headbutt. Near pinfall that Grundy is able to kick out of.

Grundy clears the cobwebs before powering the Assassin around the ring. Big body slam and elbow drops leads to Grundy with the pinfall kicked out of at the last instant.

The two go back and forth with the Assassin getting the upperhand following an eyerake. Running kneelift puts Grundy down and the feet on the ropes for leverage sees the Assassin picking up the 1! 2! 3!

The camera returns to Bert Prentice who tells us our time is up but reminds us of tonight's matches at the Nashville Fairgrounds Sports Arena! Don't miss the action Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! and come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT!

Music City Wrestling
9-30-1988
Nashville Fairgrounds
Nashville, Tennessee

From the Sunday (10-1) Nashville Tennessean ...

Music City's Saturday night wrestling hosted a one night tag team tournament at the Fairgrounds in Nashville. Jamie Dundee and Tojo Yamamoto bested three other teams on the way to claiming the tag team titles.

In other action, Brian Knighton beat Ken Jugan and The Assassin and Bobby Blaze battled to a time limit draw.

I loved this bit... "Voiceover: You are watching Music City Wrestling on WCAY-TV, Channel 30!"

You have definitely set the bar in terms of how to present a promotion in the most creative ways. I like the various avenues you've used.   I apprecate the effort you're putting in to make sure that these guys have their due and people recognize them throughout the build of your promotion. It may not be my exact cup of tea but I know after watching "Wrestlers" on Netflix... everyone drinks their own. I'll keep sipping.

Music City Wrestling
10-4-1988
I-24 Expo Center
Smyrna, Tennessee

Promoter Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the I-24 Expo center for a Wednesday evening of wrestling action.

- Shawn Baxter versus Fidel Sierra. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Tough match for Baxter thanks to the hard hitting Sierra. Despite taking a beating, Baxter survived and rolled up his opponent for the win.

After the match, the new tag team champions, Jamie Dundee and Tojo Yamamoto along with Dark Journey joined Bert Prentice in the ring. Congrats to the new champs but his office has been flooded with calls from teams lining up wanting a shot at the belts. Dundee and Yamamoto are ready for all comers ...

Miss Kentucky came out and claimed her men are the rightful #1 Contenders and deserve the shot at the belts, not the buffoons getting it tonight. Bert reminds everyone this is NOT a title match and they will soon decide just WHO is the #1 Contenders.

- Non-Title Tag Team Match
Jamie Dundee & Tojo Yamamoto w/Dark Journey versus Rocky King & Johnny Weiss. Referee Danny Davis.
Lots of noise from Weiss and King about being the next champs and they attack before the bell. Rocky King with an early pinfall on Dundee nearly has the match with a seemingly fast count from Davis before Tojo breaks it up. Early advantage for King and Weiss but the champs have the fans fully behind them as they make their come back. Johnny Davis takes several chops to the neck and throat from Yamamoto before a Dundee fist drop ends their evening.

Dark Journey pushes Davis away to hold her men's arms high.

- Jed Grundy versus The Assassin. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Hard hitting match with both men giving as good as they get. After fiddling with his mask, The Assassin's headbutt takes the steam out of Grundy. Diving headbutt for the win and the masked man comes out victorious in a hard fought match.

- Intermission time! Bert brings out Reno Riggins who talks about the whirlwind month here in Nashville with Music City Wrestling. The fans have been great and he is proud wrestling for them though he is sorry he and Shawn Baxter came up on the short end of the titles. He promises they will be champs in the very near future!

- Reno Riggins versus The Cuban Assassin. Referee Danny Davis.
The CA with a brutal onslaught that Riggins is able to counter and outwrestle, tossing him all over the ring with arm drags. Kepping him grounded and working the arm and shoulder takes the Cuban out of his game plan. Escaping to the outside, the masked man takes a breather.

Riggins is able to catapault him back into the ring and near gets the pinfall following a drop kick to the back of the head of the seated Cuban Assassin.

The Cuban Assassin digs into his bag of tricks and has Riggins on the ropes but Reno is resiliant and is able to kick out of the pinfall. The Assassin uses the ropes to blind Riggins, running his face across them after nailing him with an eye rake. He follows a blinded Riggins trying to clear his eyes and makes him shout out in pain with a rake down the back that leaves red welts.

Riggins trys to leave the ring but the ref doesn't allow him to that leads to a double sledge to the back and knocks him to a knee. Backing up, the Cuban Assassin takes a running start at Riggins who moves out of the way and pushes CA into the turnbuckle that he hits full force. Down goes the Cuban Assassin with Reno Riggins crawling into position for the pinfall ... HERE COMES FIDEL SIERRA WITH A CUBAN FLAG! HE SMACKS RENO RIGGINS IN THE BACK ... ONCE! TWICE! Referee Danny Davis calls for the bell and ends the match.

Sierra and the Cuban Assassin stomp all over Reno ... HERE COMES THE CAVALRY! SHAWN BAXTER COMES FLYING OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH A DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE AND TAKES THEM BOTH DOWN! 

The fans cheer as Sierra and CA vacate the ring rather than face a fired up Shawn Baxter who has come to bail out his tag partner.

Bass kicks up a fuss in the ring as Michaels escapes to the outside and celebrates the win, sending everyone home happy!

10 hours ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

You have definitely set the bar in terms of how to present a promotion in the most creative ways. I like the various avenues you've used.   I appreciate the effort you're putting in to make sure that these guys have their due and people recognize them throughout the build of your promotion. It may not be my exact cup of tea but I know after watching "Wrestlers" on Netflix... everyone drinks their own. I'll keep sipping.

I know it isn't for everyone. I just have always enjoyed writing smaller promotions using little known or underused talent. This one is the Bert and Jamie show with all three places being fairly good representations of what Bert was known for running. When it didn't work out, Bert would wind up somewhere else and start over.

Good stories and creative outlet are what keep me coming back week after week. Once I get a new computer as mine shit the bed, I can start doing more magazine covers and monthly top tens again.

Baxter might be a little bruised but he's a winner tonight.

Miss Kentucky claims to have found a team, huh? Well I hope she checked their credentials cause Jamie and Papa-san are on point.

The Assassin was fiddling with his mask you say? ....Eh, I'm sure it's nothing.

Reno has the CA in trouble until Sierra comes down to bail his comrade out. Luckily Baxter hadn't left the building yet and they send the Cubans into retreat. 

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

It's The Assassin flanked by the Renestos. He talks about the travesty of justice taking place here in Music City Wrestling with a tag team tournament to crown champions taking place and Nashville's BEST tag team wasn't included. How does that happen?

The Assassin says it starts and ends with one person ... and his name is BERT PRENTICE!

Music plays to start the show over wrestling action from Music City's favorites before ending with the MCW logo.

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
Taped: Thursday, October 5, 1988
Aired: Saturday, October 7, 1988

Bert Prentice

bertprentice.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action but before getting to the action, he talks about a tag tournament that crowned champions and they are Jamie Dundee and Tojo Yamamoto ...

Wait a second! Here comes Miss Kentucky, followed by Bruno and a small blond haired man in overalls carrying a large bone. She says that Dundee and Yamamoto might have the titles now but it is only a matter of time before Bruno and "Moondog Morton" dethrone them and bring her the gold.

Prentice tries to stiffle a laugh and says it looks more like a Moonpup to him but takes a step back as the Moondog growls at him and threatens with the bone. Miss Kentucky warns Bert to watch himself because Moondog's bite is just as bad as his bark!

Whatever the case may be, Bert throws it to a commercial!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin!

Moondog Morton w/Miss Kentucky & Bruno versus Allen Reynolds. Referee Danny Davis.
Morton jumps his opponent before the bell and stays on him while dishing out a beating Moondog style. Reynolds is able to wrestle himself to a breather before the Moondog blasts him.

Bruno and Miss Kentucky draw the ire of the fans as the beating continues. Miss Kentucky pulls in the referee while Bruno hands off the huge dinosaur bone which is used to blast Reynolds with and down he goes. After handing it back to Bruno, Moondog makes the cover. Referee Danny Davis slaps out a quick count to 3 and the match is over.

Bruno gets into the ring and puts the boots to Alan Reynolds before the tag champions run out to the ring. Jamie and Tojo send them running! With Jamie and Tojo hitting the ring, Miss Kentucky and troops quickly leave. Dundee and Tojo invite Bruno and the Moondog to get back into the ring but Miss Kentucky won't let them.

The tag champs and DJ join Bert. A heated Jamie calls them cowards. They can hit him from behind but if you try to get them in the ring, they scatter like cockroaches and head for the hills! He says he told Miss Kentucky he wasn't interested but instead of riding off into the sunset, she brings in others to hit him from behind. Bruno may have gotten the best of him with a shot to the back of the head with that cast BUT THAT ALL STOPS NOW! Dark Journey says Miss Kentucky picked a fight she can't win but if she wants a WAR ... she's got it!

Bert sends it to a commercial break!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

We return to the program with Bert Prentice having been joined by The Assassin on commentary. He's here to make sure the best young tag team in the territory gets the dues they deserve. If Bert Prentice won't give it to them, he will. Bert calls that poppycock ... the tournament was randomly drawn and the four teams involved didn't know they would be involved. The Renestos will have the same chance to face off against Jamie and Tojo for the titles as anyone else. The Assassin doesn't believe that because he knows Prentice has it in for him and the Renestos. Bert asks if they can get to the match now?

Inside the ring, the team of Johnny Weiss and Rocky King are mouthing off for the camera about being the #1 Contenders, telling Jamie and Tojo to keep those belts shined up real nice because they are coming for them.

Johnny Weiss & Rocky King versus The Renestos. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
The Renestos hit the ring and go right after their opponents. Weiss is isolated and is worked over by both Renestos individually before the double team him and taunt King across the ring.

Weiss gets dumped back in his corner to allow King in and he is all fired up. Charging across the ring, he misses a clothesline, hits the ropes and runs right into a double kick to the midsection. They both hook him up and shake the ring with a double suplex. Both hitting the ropes on opposite sides, they hit leg drops before Tom Jr. hooks a leg. Tim cuts off Johnny Weiss who comes charging into the ring and runs him across the ring to throw him to the outside while Jerry Calhoun drops for the three count.

The Assassin slaps Bert Prentice on the shoulder and tells him those are the "Uncrowned Champions" of Music City Wrestling! Bert with an oy vey rolls his eyes. Bert tells us our time is up and to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

Miss Kentucky brings in a Moondog to help Bruno get the tag belts. Bert isn't impressed at first but i think that showing in the ring brought him around. DJ and the champs still aren't sweating them though.

The Renesto's have a bone to pick about being left out of the tag title tournament and take it out on Rocky & Weiss. Honestly the whole show highlighted the tag scene.

Really good week for Music City where the highlight continues to be Miss Kentucky-Dark Journey!

I thought the quote of the week was "Moonpup."

I also like the small little wording of a fast count that made me wonder if this would be the perfect place for a corrupt ref angle... we will see.

Also like the debate over who the #1 contenders are for the tag title!

Sorry for falling behind. 

I'm really enjoying what you're doing here. You put together a roster of rarely used talent and made it work,

The Michaels/Knighton feud is a perfect example of patience and storytelling. You slowly built this up for months and it's going to turn into a hot money making main event program. 

Tojo has that tag team title mojo. Him and Jaimee will be fun to watch. Along those lines, the Miss Kentucky angle is another example of solid storytelling. We tuned in every week to see if Jaimee would accept her offer. He didn't and now we have another hot program with Bruno getting involved. Again, this all makes sense with the history. 

I'm with the Assassin. The Renestos have been overlooked for far too long. 

Are we seeing seeds planted for a heel ref. I'm going to keep an eye on that Davis character. He could be dangerous. 

Moondog Morton hahahahaha, he's the ideal partner for Bruno. 

Looks like Reno and Baxter have a war coming up with the Cubans. 

Well, King and Weiss keep coming up short, but I know their day is coming LOL. 

In our world, it's cool seeing a smaller promotion doing its thing. 

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
Taped: Thursday, October 12, 1988
Aired: Saturday, October 14, 1988

Bert Prentice

bertprentice.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action but before getting to the action, he talks about the upcoming show at the Fairgrounds ... Tuesday, October 31st ... IT'S HALLOWEEN!

MCWspooktacular.jpg

Bert talks about the holiday extravaganza ... Halloween Costume Contest with a cash prize for the winner! Candy and treats for the kids! And on top of all the wrestling action ... let's not forget about "Bert's Dogs" ... Not $3! Not $2! $1.50 ... that's right folks, $1.50 a hot dog! Bring the family for some great wrestling action, grab some hot dogs and candy for the kids! Fun for the whole family! This is not to be missed!

gossett-SM.jpg

A heavyset man wanders onto the set carrying two pieces of luggage before apologizing for being late. Says he just got in from Memphis. Bert looks confused, not knowing who this is. He hands Bert a business card ...

Bert Prentice: Ronnie P. Gossett IV, Music City Wrestling announcer? This must be some kind of joke ... I didn't hire any one to do any announcing ...

Ronnie Gossett: Oh, it is no joke. I am here to save your program. Well, someone in your office sent me a plane ticket and paid me to be here! Now, let's get on with the action ... can someone get me a couple of Bert's Dogs? I am starving!

Bert rolls his eyes before talking about Brian Knighton being in action today. We also have Reno Riggins and Shawn Baxter taking on the Cubans! Bert says we'll be right back after he gets to the bottom of this. The camera zooms in as Gossett makes himself at home, setting up his spot at the announce table.

Bert throws it to a commercial!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin!

Back from the break, Gossett is going through his stack of paper. He says he's never heard of most of the wrestlers here. No wonder he was hired. Bert talks about Brian Knighton and his ties to Champion Cody Michaels. We still don't know what the cryptic "Now, you owe me" message refers to though Gossett says he probably owes Knighton money.

Brian Knighton versus Dennis Allen. Referee Danny Davis.
Knighton pummels his opponent while taking a few shortcuts just out of sight of the referee and Ronnie Gossett who thinks Knighton is a future star in the making. Bert can't believe Gossett AND the referee missed the blatant cheating. Splash off the middle ropes and that's the end of the match.

gossett3-SM.jpg

Gossett gets up from his seat and gives Knighton a standing ovation, calling his plan of attack "masterful". He talks himself up as he hands Knighton a business card, telling him if he needs anything not to hesitate to call.

Once Knighton walks off, Miss Kentucky leads her troops out. Bert and Ronnie go back and forth briefly over Ronnie doing the interview here. Bert just gives up and sits down. Gossett remarks on not knowing such a lovely creature existed in this armpit of Tennessee and wonders why she isn't in Memphis after he kisses her hand. Miss Kentucky tells Bert this is how a "REAL MAN" treats a woman. Bert Prentice can take some lessons from Ronnie. Bert agrees, she should go to Memphis ... along with her Moonpup! Ronnie tells her to pay him no mind.

Ronnie asks what he can do for Miss Kentucky today? She shmoozes Gossett, telling him that no good Bert Prentice won't give her deserving team a shot at the tag titles. Ronnie Gossett says he can't believe it with her fine team of the Herculean Bruno and the relative of the Moondogs and all. This is her lucky day! HE is going to sign a match against no-good Dundee and Old Man Tojo for the Music City Spooktacular and the titles!

WHAT?!?!? YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!! Bert is up in a flash explaining that he can't do that and they don't deserve a shot at the belts!

WAIT A SECOND! HERE COMES JAMIE DUNDEE! HERE COMES TOJO YAMAMOTO! HERE COMES DARK JOURNEY! DUNDEE AND THE MOONDOG HAVE AT IT! TOJO SWATS BRUNO WITH HIS KENDO STICK! DARK JOURNEY GRAPPLES WITH MISS KENTUCKY!

Ronnie hides behind Bert Prentice until Miss Kentucky is able to pull her team out of there. Jamie Dundee is hopping mad! He grabs a mic and wants a match against them right now! Bert explains they have a match scheduled already but if they will sign for it ... HE WILL MAKE A TAG MATCH RIGHT HERE ON TV NEXT WEEK! Jamie Wants it! Tojo wants it! WE'VE GOT A MATCH NEXT WEEK!

Bert sends it to a commercial break!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

MCWspooktacular.jpg

Bert talks about the holiday extravaganza ... The Music City Spooktacular! Halloween Costume Contest with a cash prize for the winner! Candy and treats for the kids! And on top of all the wrestling action ... let's not forget about "Bert's Dogs" ... Not $3! Not $2! $1.50 ... that's right folks, $1.50 a hot dog! Bring the family for some great wrestling action, grab some hot dogs and candy for the kids! Fun for the whole family! This is not to be missed!

Ronnie Gossett says his assistant never brought him his Bert's Dogs! He is starving! Bert rolls his eyes and tells Gossett there is no assistant and there are no Bert's Dogs in the studio. They are only at the Fairgrounds!

Cuban Assassin & Fidel Sierra versus Reno Riggins & Shawn Baxter. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
The Cubans get right to it, jumping their opponents before the bell and have them in all kinds of trouble but seem more worried about dealing out punishment than pinning either one.

Riggins and Baxter make a comeback with double drop kicks that send both Cubans to the outside and Baxter dives through the ropes and takes them both out. The fans are going out of their minds on the dive to the outside that has Baxter and Riggins celebrating.

Sierra is able to kick out of a 2 count when the Cuban Assassin rushes in to boot Riggins in the back. Baxter with a measure of revenge drop kicks CA to the outside through the ropes as Riggins slams Sierra before tagging Baxter who has climbed the corner. He is launched from the top and drops an elbow before hooking a leg. Riggins nails the Cuban Assassin trying to get back in the ring to break it up! We have the 1! 2! 3! Riggins and Baxter have picked up another victory!

Ronnie Gossett is appalled by the cheating going on here as Bert rolls his eyes as he tells us our time is up and to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

This game has definitely missed RPG on commentary. And him coming in from Memphis adds a little extra something to it. Also, Bert might wanna keep an eye on him handing out cards.

Mrs Kentucky's plan didn't entirely work but her men at least have a match with the champs next week.

MCW takes a big step with it's first supershow. Bring on the Spooktacular!