Pro Wrestling Only

Music City Wrestling

LastStopTour

Knighton better be ready because a pissed off Assassin is coming after him. 

I agree with AD, the Nightmares fit right in here. 

Poor Reno, he finally finds a solid partner and then gets hurt. Not sure he's too keen on a Wildside reunion. 

DJ is livid and I wouldn't want to be Miss Kentucky when DJ gets her hands on her. 

The Wildside is already causing problems for the Cubans. 

On to the Auditorium,

Dundee and Tojo retain but sooner or later they MUST face the Renestos. 

The Wildside have the Cubans on the run. 

Michaels gains more credibility as champ with a win over Bass. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

Voiceover: You are watching Music City Wrestling on WCAY-TV, Channel 30!

Music plays to start the show over wrestling action from Music City's favorites before ending with the MCW logo.

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
From the WCAY-TV studios in Nashville, Tennessee!
Airing at 10:30 am Central on WCAY-TV, Channel 30
Taped: Thursday, November 9, 1988
Aired: Saturday, November 11, 1988

Bert Prentice & Ronnie P. Gossett IV
Danny Davis & Jerry Calhoun - Referees

bertprentice.jpg gossett-SM.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action. The Wildside will be here today as Shawn Baxter takes on Fidel Sierra of the Cubans and in our Main Event, The Assassin looks for a little payback against Brian Knighton for his role in keeping The Assassin from his shot at the Heavyweight Title. Lot of action today to get to as Ronnie Gossett hopes Bert Prentice keeps his nose out of The Assassin's business! Bert says he has no interest in keeping anyone away from getting their fair shot at a title! Ronnie says that isn't what Jerry Lawler says!

The Wildside comes out with Reno Riggins in tow. Both JT Southern and Shawn Baxter are excited about today's match which kicks off their war against the Cubans! Bert thinks that is easier said than done as the Cubans are a pair of rough customers who have been around block a couple of times. JT says that with these great fans behind them, there is no way they are going to lose. "USA all the way!" gets the fans pumped up for the coming battle. JT goes one better, saying that once they've dealt with the Cubans for what they did to Reno Riggins, The Wildside is throwing their hat into the ring and going after those tag team titles!

Wait one second! Of course, that catches the attention of Reno Riggins who says he appreciates JT stepping in while he is on the shelf but a week or two from now, he'll be cleared by the doctors to be able to start wrestling again. Once that happens, Reno and Shawn will take a swing at those tag titles. No one ever said anything about this being a long term thing. JT says the way the arm looked last week, there was no way that Reno was going to be back in wrestling shape before the new year. Shawn diffuses the situation saying they are playing it all by ear and Reno's arm. Today though, Fidel Sierra is in for a little trip on the WILDSIDE!

After the three leave arguing, Gossett says that Bert struck again by sticking his nose where it did not belong. He probably introduced them to JT Southern. Bert says he did no such thing.

dj2SM.jpg

Dark Journey makes her way out, carrying the tag title belts. She talks about the match last week at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium. Bert throws in "the biggest crowd in Music City has seen since coming here". Jamie and Tojo showed off their superior skills when their opponents had nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. They've proven time and again that they are the tag team champions and Miss Kentucky with Bruno and Moondog Morton are the imposters. Ronnie P. doesn't think Miss Kentucky is the problem as she is flawless, it is Bruno and Moondog Morton. Maybe she should find herself some real wrestlers to face MIdget Dundee and Old Man Tojo. Bert reminds him that Jamie Dundee and Tojo Yamamoto are the tag team champions and have fended off all comers so far. DJ finishes by saying they are getting ready to be done with them once and for all!

As DJ leaves, Bert talks about the tag team division got a little bit stronger as The Nightmares are coming to Nashville! 

nightmares-SM.jpg

We get a brief video of them in action and they are coming to Music City Wrestling! Gossett says that Bert is beating a dead horse by showing this two weeks in a row. He can hype up the Nightmares all he wants but eventually, all roads leading to the tag team belts goes through the Renestos! Bert throws it to a commercial! 

x-x-x-x-x Local commercials x-x-x-x-x
Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin!

Shawn Baxter w/JT Southern versus Fidel Sierra w/Cuban Assassin. Referee Danny Davis.
A speedy Baxter keeps SIerra off his feet with drop kicks and arm drags. Sierra with a stroll outside the ring clears his head before getting his hands on Baxter and roughing him up in the corner. It is the same dance throughout with Baxter outspeeding his opponent but any time Sierra gets his big mitts on the smaller man, he punishes Baxter. Back and forth they go with near pinfalls for both until the Cuban Assassin steps between the ropes and sets off a brawl between all four men. Danny Davis pisses everyone off with call for a double disqualification.

Bert sends it to a commercial break!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

Bert talks about the Nightmares coming to Nashville and Music City Wrestling. They have wrestled all over the world and wherever they've gone, they've won belts! Ronnie Gossett has news for Bert Prentice .. the same can be said for the Renesto Brothers and the sooner Bert learns that, the better for everyone. It would be good to get those belts around "real" wrestlers!

The Assassin versus Brian Knighton. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Big match here with the ring vet Assassin taking on the rookie Knighton. Slow to get started as Brian keeps to his corner and the ropes, refusing to get into the match. Tired and frustrated with the slow start, The Assassin with a huge hip toss takes him out of the corner. The Assassin puts on a whooping, nailing Knighton right between the eyes. It is all The Assassin who is unable to put his opponent away.

Champion Cody Michaels joins Bert and Ronnie during the match and talks about both guys. Gossett wants to know if Bert is behind any this, doing his best to make a great wrestler like The Assassin to look bad. Bert tells Michaels to ignore Gossett because he does.

Assassin opens up with the knifehands when he notices Michaels on commentary. He comes to the near ropes and starts jawing as Ronnie tells him to ignore them. Big suplex and The Assassin strolls around the ring before going back to his position arguing with Michaels who gets out of his charge and takes a few steps closer. The Assassin with title belt gestures has Cody Michaels up from his seat and approaching ringside. The two go back and forth until the conversation escalates. Back and forth before Cody Michaels takes a swing and the challenger leans back out of the way, right into the arms of a waiting Knighton ... INSIDE CRADLE!!! KNIGHTON ROLLS HIM UP! Calhoun drops to the mat 1! 2! 3!

BRIAN KNIGHTON HAS WON THE MATCH!

Bert tells us our time is up and they have to go but before doing so, he tells Ronnie P. that he has a great big surprise for him next week! Gossett is like a little kid wanting to know what it is! Is he finally getting his Bert's dogs in the studio?He'll have to find out next week like everyone else! Bert says to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

Very intriguing storyline with the Wildside and Reno. I do feel a little bad for Reno.

The Nightmares will thrive here. It looks like Ronnie is planting some seeds for a Nightmares/Renestos feud. I can get behind that. 

Wildside and Cubans keep the heat on their feud. 

This time it's Michaels who plays a factor in Knighton's win over the Assassin. This was some good TV. 

I can't imagine what the big surprise will be. One thing's for sure, I'll be tuning in. 

Looks like Reno, Baxter and Southern aren't on the same page as to who's teaming with whom. Bad time for dissention with the Cubans on the attack.

A feud with the Nightmares would be huge for the Renesto Brothers.

Michaels, perhaps unintentionally, repays Knighton with an assist against the Assassin.

I'm sure Bert's announcement is much bigger than just giving RPG a hotdog.

I smell a JT Southern/Reno Riggins feud brewing...or maybe my sense of smell is off...either way, Riggins and JT Southern are two very promising wrestlers and of course they all want the same thing.

Nightmares vs Renestos would be an interesting feud as well. 

I'm loving the Miss Kentucky storyline here. It will be interesting to see if her guys can finally take down Jamie Dundee and Tojo.

A surprise is coming to Music City? I love surprises! Can't wait to see what it is.

I think we all can tell that we are our way to a JT-Reno feud but I wonder Baxter sides with.  Very well done here!

I think the two best teams in MCW might be the ones without the belts in the Renestos and the Nightmares.  Looking forward to watching all of these teams battle.

I had a feeling the Assassin would put a beating on Knighton but he would not get the victory.  Again, really like how you wrote this up!

You're doing a great job of making this all have a big time feel while running a small promotion.  Great work

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

Music plays to start the show over wrestling action from Music City's favorites before ending with the MCW logo.

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
Taped: Thursday, November 16, 1988
Aired: Saturday, November 18, 1988

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action. The Wildside continue their feud with the Cubans as JT Southern faces off against the Cuban Assassin in singles action. We'll also have Tojo Yamamoto taking on Bruno. Ronnie P. is surprised the nursing home allowed Tojo out. That is elderly abuse. Bert tells him to knock it off.

Ronnie P. wants to get to the real meat and potatoes of today ... the surprise Bert said he had for him last week. It isn't fair to put all of these half brained people on the edge of their seats like he did last week. I made a call to Memphis ... oh boy, oh boy, Ronnie thinks Bert finally did it and brought in a real wrestler? Jerry The King Lawler is coming to Nashville? No, nothing like that. Bert highly doubts Jerry Lawler will be showing his face around these parts in the near future but he did talk to a real Legend of the Sport ... Ronnie's Uncle ... JACKIE FARGO!

Ronnie's eyes go wide as his goes on a swivel looking left and right. What? When? Where? He should be here any second ...

Ronnie bolts from his seat, excusing himself ... must have been those rotten Bert's hot dogs he ate. Bert mentions that was a week ago ... Okay, on with the show as Bert goes it alone.

In case you missed it last week Bert talks about The Nightmares coming to Nashville! 

nightmares-SM.jpg

We get a brief video of them in action and they are coming to Music City Wrestling! He is certainly looking forward to their arrival.

A grinning Brian Knighton makes his way out to a chorus of boos. He says it is good to be him. By his victory over The Assassin last week, he should be the #1 Contender to the title ...

The fans start cheering as champion Cody Michaels makes his way out. Bert isn't so sure about Knighton's claim because his win was a bit tainted because of Cody being a distraction. Cody Michaels interrupts Bert ...

Cody Michaels: Over the past few months, you've been claiming I owe you. I owe you for winning the title. I owe you for keeping the title but let me say this right here, right now ... I OWE YOU NOTHING! WE ARE ALL SQUARE NOW! IF YOU WANT A SHOT AT THE TITLE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK ...

kentimbs-ASSSM.jpg

IT'S THE ASSASSIN!

The masked man attacks Michaels. After knocking him to the floor, The Assassin snatches up the title and knocks Knighton to the ground with the belt and starts to stomp away at him. After throwing down the belt, he says that HE is the rightful #1 Contender ...

bobbyblaze-SM.jpg

IT'S BOBBY BLAZE TO THE RESCUE! Blaze and The Assassin start to duke it out when Bert throws it to a commercial! 

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin!

Bert with a quick rundown of the open of the show and what transpired before the break. Pandemonium in the studio ...

JFARGOSM.jpg

Jackie Fargo does his famous strut to the adoring cheers before shaking hands with Bert. Jackie is glad to be here and see Music City and Nashville the home of great wrestling. Always great to see some of the best fans in the world. He wants to know where his nephew is? Bert says he had to excuse himself but sure he will be right back. Jackie says it has been some time since he's seen him but he was a great little kid ... good looking and probably had a future in the biz like his father and uncle. The sky was the limit. Bert agrees, Ronnie P. has hit max density and doesn't look like he's hit his limit just yet! Jackie wishes he could stay longer to see his nephew but he's got to get back to Memphis to take care of business. Bert thanks him for taking the time to come to Nashville and hopes he won't be a stranger!

The fans cheer as Jackie does his strut on the way out.

Tojo Yamamoto w/Dark Journey & Jamie Dundee versus Bruno. Referee Danny Davis.
Bruno is noticeably alone here but jumps Tojo before the bell, beating him in the corner until Tojo reverses positions and chops him down with knifehands. A kick to the midsection is followed by a throw to the mat. Bruno is able to kick out of a pin attempt at 2. Whip across the ring and a stiff double thrust to the throat and midsection puts Bruno down. Tojo takes the arm and bends it, positioning for an armbar that quickly has Bruno in pain and submitting.

Bruno scurries to the back as DJ and the tag champs join Bert Prentice. Bert congratulates Tojo on his submission victory. DJ talks about beating Bruno and Moondog Morton in tag matches for the belt and in back to back weeks, here on TV in singles matches. She promises very soon now that they will be finished with Miss Kentucky and here menm if you want to call them that!

The fans cheer as Bert sends it to a commercial break!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

falk.jpg

We return to Bert who has been joined by Tony Falk. Tony talks about what has been going on and it is big. As we near the end of 1988, we get ready for the new year with a bumper crop of wrestlers that he has been training to debut in the coming year. Bert talks about Tony's long career as he imparts his wisdom on his new students. Tony is excited and looks forward to the new year. Bert changes the subject and talks about Don Bass. Tony speaks fondly of Dandy Don and while he knows Don Bass is not too happy with Falk for not resurrecting their tag team, he hopes Don understands and not only wishes him well but hopes that he can bring Don in to work with his students! Bert wishes him nothing but luck with the school.

Before getting to the match, Bert talks about Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! We have a huge tag team match as Cody Michaels and Bobby Blaze take on The Assassin and Brian Knighton at the Fairgrounds right here in Nashville! That is a main event you don't want to miss, that is for sure! We'll have more great matches as only Music City Wrestling can!

And look what the cat dragged in! Ronnie P. Gossett has returned! He apologizes for having to skip out on "Uncle" Jackie but a touch of food poisoning ... Oh, please. Bert doesn't know what Gossett is up to but he is going to get to the bottom of this! Gossett wants to know what he has missed?

Cuban Assassin versus JT Southern. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Calhoun takes control of things early sending the seconds to the back before getting underway. JT gets the fans on his side as if that would be a hard thing to do, and staggers the Cuban with a series of drop kicks. JT's speed and athleticism keeps the Cuban on his heels and in trouble for the first couple of minutes until a thumb to the eye buys him the opening he needs. JT's in trouble as the Cuban Assassin beats him around the ring but doesn't seem interested in winning the match as wanting to put a beating on his opponent. Referee Jerry Calhoun is instrumental in buying Southern precious seconds to clear his head and eye with several warnings to the Cuban who refuses to heed his instructions. A couple of shoves of the referee almost ends the match but Calhoun shoves back rather than call for the bell and the disqualification. With the Cuban Assassin's eye on the referee and no one in his corner to make him the wiser, he is a sitting duck for JT Southern who hooks one arm then the other back-to-back ... BACKSLIDE!

Caught totally unaware, Cuban Assassin's legs flail as JT brings him to the mat ... 1! 2! 3! The Cuban Assassin kicks himself free JUST AFTER the three count! JT Southern unhooks him and slides out of the ring to celebrate with the fans as an irate Cuban Assassin kicks at the ropes when he finds Jerry Calhoun as also vacated the ring.

Bert tells us our time is up and to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

Utter chaos breaks out between Knighton, Michaels, The Assassin and Blaze.

Jackie seemed perfectly willing to meet his nephew Ronnie but RPG looked panicked at meeting uncle Jackie. Very interesting.

Papa-san shows Bruno he's still capable of getting the job done solo.

Falk hopes to bring Bass in on training the next generation.

Southern takes advantage of a distracted Cuban Assassin.

Assassin takes care of things between Michales and Knighton. Blaze is added to the mix and now we have a hot tag match coming. 

LOL, RPG bolts out of there before Fargo has a chance to say Hi. I can't wait until these two meet face to face. 

I know the fans loved seeing Tojo submit Bruno. 

I have a feeling Bass won't go easy on Falk's students. 

JT ends the show with an exciting win over Cuban Assassin. I'm sure we'll get another tag match soon. 

Fun show

TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT!

Music City Wrestling
11-18-1988
Nashville Fairgrounds
Nashville, Tennessee

The Fairgrounds Arena is a hopping place this evening for hot wrestling action. Promoter Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the show for another Saturday evening of wrestling.

- Dennis Allen versus Alan Reynolds. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Not usually on the winning side of things, Reynolds wins when Dennis Allen is disqualified.

- Jamie Dundee w/Dark Journey versus Moondog Morton w/Miss Kentucky. Referee Danny Davis.
Dundee takes the loss here but it is more the referee's fault than his own. A distraction here, misdirection there and Bruno coming out from under the ring with a dinosaur bone end's Dundee's evening.

After the match, Miss Kentucky promises to rid Music City of Jamie Dundee and that tramp, Dark Journey!

- WIldside versus Johnny Weiss & Rocky King. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
No Reno Riggins as Wildside proves why they are one of the promotion's top teams with a win coming via double drop kicks.

- Intermission

- Don Bass versus Jed Grundy. Referee Danny Davis.
Hard hiting match as these two have gone at it before. Ref is very lenient when Bass takes off his boot a busts open Grundy. Grundy is able to return the favor later in the match but by then it is too late as Bass takes the pinfall.

- The Assassin & Brian Knighton versus Cody Michaels (C) & Bobby Blaze. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
While Michaels and Blaze work well together, The Assassin and Knighton never get on the same page. A disgruntled Assassin leaves the ring and Knighton to his fate ... looking up at the lights when Michaels catches him off the ropes with a flying body press.

Reynolds gets a feel good win to start us off.

We may all laugh at the Moonpup but that bone is no joke.

Wildside are really taking off. I imagine Riggins has.... opinions about that.

Bass' boot spells the end for Grundy.

Assassin dips leaving Knighton high and dry. The masked man just wants his rematch.

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
Taped: Thursday, November 23, 1988
Aired: Saturday, November 25, 1988

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action. He talks about Thanksgiving and this being the whipped cream on the pie. RPG takes immediate notice and starts looking around. When asked what he's looking for, he says he's looking for the pie. Oh brother. Bert asks if Ronnie P. enjoyed his Thanksgiving and if he saw his uncle? Uncle? What uncle? Jackie Fargo! Ronnie was confused there for a second, since he has so many uncles. Bert was under the impression that there was only Ronnie's father and Jackie Fargo. Gossett shrugs it off and tells Bert he knows what he means.

Moving on, Bert says they are finally here ... The Nightmares are in the studio!

nightmares-SM.jpg

The tag team makes their way out to cheers and shake hands with Bert as RPG ignores them. They are looking forward to wrestling here in Nashville where they hear has some of the best fans in the whole south. Bert won't argue that point with them which gets a big cheer. They rattle off the names of the Cubans, Wildside, Bruno and the Moondog, Rocky King and Johnny Weiss and of course, Tojo and Jamie Dundee as the match ups they are looking forward to while here with the ultimate goal of adding the Music City tag belts to their collection. Ronnie makes a snide remark about them getting a title shot while stepping over more deserving teams. Bert says they'll be wrestling later in the program and wishes them nothing but luck as they go off to cheers.

Ronnie P. asks Bert if he noticed they didn't mention The Renestos as one of the teams they are looking forward to facing. Probably because they are scared of them. Bert says they are not scared and is sure the two teams will be meeting over those belts one day.

Speaking of belts, Cody Michaels will be in action today as Rocky King steps in against him. RPG wants to know why Rocky King gets a title match and it isn't the #1 contender, The Assassin? One, the match against Rocky King is a non-title match and two, plans are being discussed to determine a #1 Contender. If Gossett must know, there are several individuals who would like to claim that #1 spot. RPG says there is no one more deserving than The Assassin.

Bert throws it to a commercial! 

Bert talks about the tag match last Saturday evening at the Fairgrounds between Cody Michaels and Bobby Blaze as they took on The Assassin and Brian Knighton. Michaels and Blaze worked well together while their opponents did not. The Assassin walked out on Knighton, leaving him to his fate. Gossett doesn't blame The Assassin one bit. If it wasn't for Brian Knighton, The Assassin would have the belt right now.

Non-Title Match.
Cody Michaels (C) versus Rocky King. Referee Danny Davis.

The ring vet gives him a battle but in the end, the younger faster champ shows why he has the belt. Swinging neckbreaker for the win.

After the match, Dark Journey leads out the tag champs. She talks about the match at the Fairgrounds with Jamie picking up the loss thanks to interference of Bruno hiding under the ring. She says Miss Kentucky's team has been given chance after chance for the tag titles and lost every one of them. The only way they can win a match is by cheating their way through the match. Distractions, weapons and now wrestlers under the ring. This has got to stop once and for all!

We return to Bert and Ronnie P. talking about Dark Journey's "problem". Ronnie P. calls her a complainer and whiner as he quite frankly doesn't see a problem. What's next? She going to blame the referee for her men ... or should he say boys losing! The only problem he sees is Dark Journey, Jamie Dundee who is nothing like his father and the 300 year old Tojo. That's the problem right there!

Alan Reynolds & Ken Jugan versus The Nightmares. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
The Nightmares shake hands with their opponents before the match. Good clean wrestling match with The Nightmares showing what they can do. 

Very one-sided debut with a focus on double teaming, fast tags and keeping the other guys off balance. They celebrate with the fans after getting the victory following a double dropkick.

Bert tells us our time is up and to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

LOL! I love how RPG perked up when Bert was talking about Thanksgiving food. 

Hmmmm, I'm also curious on why the Nightmares snubbed the Renestos. I do think this is the perfect place for the Nightmares. 

Champ Michaels looks good but he's got a variety of opponents vying for a shot. 

DJ's pissed and I think there's a gimmick match coming soon. 

Nightmares start and end the show on a high note. 

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed all the little teases to the developing angles this week.  

-It seems Danny Davis might be having some trouble doing his job correctly.

-PRG and his many "uncles"

-The Nightmares leaving out the Renestos.

All good stuff!  Also, as I said before, the fairgrounds is a perfect place to make this one-town promotion Really Big!

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
Taped: Thursday, January 7, 1988
Aired: Saturday, January 9, 1988

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action. Lots to get to today! Ronnie Gossett says there sure is and he can't wait to announce the new tag team champions! Bert looks a bit digusted, saying they were going to get to that in a moment ... Ronnie doesn't care what Bert has to say and announces Bruno and Moondog Morton are the new champions having won last weekend at the Fairgrounds! He is so excited that FINALLY, Miss Kentucky's much deserving team got their due ...

DJSM.jpg

An angry Dark Journey marches out and has something on her mind! She is disgusted by the match ... she is disgusted with the officiating ... SHE IS JUST DISGUSTED! This does not sit well with her and now, she's looking for justice!

Ronnie says she's just sour grapes because the better team won! Is that so? Yes, it is! Bert gets between the two to keep the peace. Miss Kentucky with her shoe and constant interference and if she didn't know better, the referee was paid off! That is a very strong accusation to be making and now Ronnie is the disgusted one! How can you say that about referee Danny Davis who is a fine upstanding man who calls it down the middle! Dark Journey and her two hooligans should be fined and suspended. Bert puts the brakes on things! He says that DJ those are some very strong things to be saying and while Bert knows how DJ feels about the interference and the shoe, calling a referee crooked takes it to another level!

DJ says she'll get even with Miss Kentucky and as soon as both Tojo and Jamie are well enough to get back in the ring, she wants  rematch. Bert agrees and while today on TV would have been a chance for a rematch, what he can do is elevate someone else to that spot for now ... Right here today, the Wildside is going to get a crack at the new tag champs!

Gossett says he can't do that but Bert tells him he can and he has done so! Bert throws it to a commercial! 

Bert and Ronnie continue to argue about Bruno and Moondog having to defend their titles today. That just isn't fair. Ronnie G wants to talk about what is and isn't fair? Is it fair the former tag champs can't have a rematch because they threw fire in Tojo Yamamoto's face? Is it fair that Miss Kentucky hit Jamie over the head with her shoe?

Cowboy Don Bass versus the Ninja. Referee Danny Davis.
Bass throws his weight around the ring and outsizes his opponent. Running clothesline followed by a big boot to the kisser is all she wrote.

Following the match, Bass joins Bert and Ronnie. After talking about the match, the discussion turns towards Tony Falk and his school. Bass talks about the good ol' days with Cowboy Tony but he can't remain mad at his former partner and understands that at some point in your career, it is time to give something back to the biz. He's glad that Tony is doing that with his school, training future champions. Bert asks about Tony's offer to Don to come out to the school and give his students some lessons. A smirking Don Bass says he's thought about it and has come to terms with Tony not wrestling with him and would be happy to come out to Tony's school and teach some of his students.

We return to Bert and Ronnie still going back and forth about today's main event. It just isn't fair to Miss Kentucky.

Tag Team Title Match.
Bruno & Moondog Morton (C) w/Miss Kentucky versus The Wildside. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
It starts before the bell as the champs jump the challengers to get that early advantage. It looks very good in the early going before Shawn Baxter fights back. The fans are besides themselves as JT Southern and Shawn Baxter get on the right track with double drop kicks that Morton and Bruno crashing to the floor outside. Double sledges from the top rope down onto the floor.

Match continues going back and forth until Morton is dumped out to the floor and Bruno is held aloft for a double suplex ... NOOOOO!!!!! DOUBLE BRAINBUSTER!!!!! Southern cuts off Morton as Baxter covers for the pinfall! 1! 2! 3! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

The new champs celebrate with the belts and the cheering fans.

I agree with AD, Tojo and Dundee must've took a crazy beating. I always liked it when a show would start off by announcing a title change at a house show. Immediate excitement.

Why do I have a feeling Bass is going to be a little rough on Tony's students. 

LOL! And just like that Morton and Bruno's epic title reign ends. I can't imagine what's going through Reno's mind. 

Fun show!

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
Taped: Thursday, December 14, 1988
Aired: Saturday, December 16, 1988

bertprentice.jpg gossett-SM.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action. Lots to get to today! Bert talks about the NEW tag team champions, WildSide having won the title last week here on TV. If you missed it, you missed a doozy of a match! Ronnie P. says that they missed something alright ... all the cheating done by JT Southern and Shawn Baxter! Bert says that did not happen and to stop telling everyone watching today that happened because it did not! If anyone cheated, I think you don't have to look any further than Miss Kentucky! Gossett is mortified that Bert would use her name in vain. That women is a Saint!

Cheers from the fans as the new tag champs, WildSide followed by Reno Riggins make their way out. Baxter and Southern share a high five before talking about being the new champions. Bert congratulates them on their win while Ronnie makes disapproving faces. JT Southern talks about being fighting champions and are ready for all comers. Ronnie says we'll see about that and how teams they duck!

Bert turns his attention to Reno Riggins and asks how proud he is of JT and Shawn for winning the titles. Reno talks about his injury healing up and can't wait to get back into ring action.

Speaking of ring action, Bert talks about December 24th ... CHRISTMAS EVE! A wrestling extravaganza at the Fairgrounds! The biggest and best show before the big day ... get your tickets as an early Christmas present and see all of the stars of Music City Wrestling!

No more discussion as The Assassin and the Renestos come out. The Assassin starts ranting about getting to face Cody Michaels for the title while the Renestos and WildSide square off and start battling it out in the studio. Bert, Ronnie Gossett and Reno Riggins step back wanting no part in the action with the Assassin standing in front of the camera talking.

With the pandemonium, Bert throws it to a commercial! 

We have a clear studio as all parties cleared out during the commercial break with Bert giving a rundown of the wrestlers coming out to drag both parties away. Ronnie with a snide remark about WildSide starting the fight when the Renestos simply want a shot at the titles when they have been largely ignored despite their success. ert can't believe what he's hearing and asks Ronnie if his eyes actually work? Of course they do. Well then, perhaps he needs glasses because The Renestos came out looking for a fight and started it.

Anyway, our first match has the debuting Cheetah Kid taking on Rocky King. Ronnie wants to know if ths Cheetah Kid is wearing a mask? Is he wanted by the police? Bert can't answer that question, maybe Ronnie should direct it towards The Assassin?

Rocky King versus The Cheetah Kid. Referee Danny Davis.
Bert talks about his recent successes on the west coast and now finds himself here in Music City. Ronnie says he probably skipped town because the police were looking for him. Lively match with the Cheetah Kid and some high flying moves, finishing off King with a Tornado DDT.

Following the match, the masked man joins Bert and Ronnie. They discuss the match before turning attention to his championship days out west. Cheetah talks about having accomplished about all he could out there and was looking for new opportunities. He's looking forward to wrestling here in front of these great fans. Bert corrects him, saying these are the best fans in the world. He wishes the Cheetah Kid nothing but the best of luck while here in Music Cuty Wrestling!

We return to Bert and Ronnie having been joined by Dark Journey. Bert is concerned for the health and welfare of Tojo Yamamoto and Jamie Dundee who are both home and resting. SHe says they should be back in the ring come the new year, ready to deal out some revenge on Miss Kentucky and her troops for what they did. Ronnie says he is not going to listen to this and Bet gets a cheer when he asks if Ronnie is leaving us? That would make a lot of people happy. Ronnie says he can't leave because then no one would ever get the truth around here.

Moondog Morton w/Miss Kentucky & Bruno versus Allen Reynolds. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
The back and forth between DJ and Ronnie P. is more interesting than the match as Allen Reynolds has to deal with not only his opponent but Miss Kentucky and Bruno. Bruno with the dinosaur bone clocks Reynolds with the referee distracted by Miss Kentucky. An easy win for Moondog Morton.

After the match, Allen Reynolds gets the boots put to him until Dark Journey hits the ring and takes down Miss Kentucky. The Moondog and Bruno come to her rescue as they pull off DJ.

bobbyblaze-SM.jpg

IT'S BOBBY BLAZE TO THE RESCUE!

He comes up throwing hands and sends Miss Kentucky and troops heading for the hills. Blaze wants them to come back but Miss Kentucky heads for the back instead.