Pro Wrestling Only

Music City Wrestling

LastStopTour

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Reno isn't too thrilled with the Wildside's title win. 

The Renestos take matters into their own hands and now might finally get their long overdue title shot. 

I'm glad you picked up Cheetah Kid. I'm looking forward to watching him in a new territory. 

Bert and RPG had me cracking up. 

Wild ending and I'm sure the fans went nuts when DJ put Miss Kentucky down. 

Another fun show tonight. 

Music City Wrestling
12-24-1988
Nashville Fairgrounds
Nashville, Tennessee

From the Monday (12-25) Nashville Tennessean ...

Christmas came early to the Fairgrounds in Nashville to a packed house ready for holiday wrestling action.

Bobby Blaze bested Moondog Morton, The Cheetah Kid beat Bruno, Don Bass pinned Jed Grundy, The Nightmares beat up on the Cuban Assassin and Fidel Sierra, Brian Knighton ran all over Rocky King.

Cody Michaels retained his title against The Assassin and the Renesto Brothers defeated WildSide to become the new tag team champions.

• 2 weeks later...

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

Voiceover: You are watching Music City Wrestling on WCAY-TV, Channel 30!

We quickly transition to a concerned looking Bert Prentice sitting in a chair, most likely at home.

Bert Prentice: Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Bert Prentice and I am the President and promoter of Music City Wrestling. Over the years, I have done everything in my power to bring, you the fans, the best in professional wrestling. Regardless of where I promoted matches, it was always with the intent to put on the most entertaining shows for you, whether that was on television or at live shows ... bringing you what you want.

Never in all my years was it to pull the wool over your eyes or to foist you out of your hard earned dollar and while I have not always been successful, my intentions were always of the purest form.

Now, late last year, my character was attacked quite viciously by Jerry "The King" Lawler as well as Jerry Jarrett. I was called a huckster, confidence man and carny barker, amongst other things that I am not allowed to say here on television. I explained my position of the event in question satisfactorily to my mind where I sleep well at night knowing that I did nothing of a malicious nature or intent. I said my piece and put it behind me, moving full steam ahead right here in Nashville with Music City Wrestling!

Now, as we come into our first show of the new year, it would appear that Championship Wrestling has gone dark in Memphis. After weeks of rumors and speculation, the very people who said that I would go out of business stealing from our fans and moving on have fallen victim to the very same thing ... and as I said, I put it all behind me and moved on from the name calling and sit here before you today waving an olive branch as a sign of good faith to any and all of those wrestlers in Memphis ... they are welcome here! Even you, Jerry Lawler.

As for those fans in Memphis, don't think for a second that I have forgotten about you as I will be doing everything in my power to bring great wrestling action to you! Thank you and enjoy the show!

Music plays to start the show over wrestling action from Music City's favorites before ending with the MCW logo.

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
From the WCAY-TV studios in Nashville, Tennessee!
Airing at 10:30 am Central on WCAY-TV, Channel 30
Taped: Thursday, January 4, 1989
Aired: Saturday, January 6, 1989

Bert Prentice & Ronnie P. Gossett IV
Danny Davis & Jerry Calhoun - Referees

bertprentice.jpg gossett-SM.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice welcomes everyone to the broadcast of Music City Wrestling's 30 minutes of action and wishes them all a Happy New Year, even to Ronnie Gossett. 

Bert gets right to it, talking about the show two weeks ago at the Fairgrounds. We have video to show you from after the tag team title match between WildSide and the Renesto Brothers! ... ROLL THE TAPE!

Following the match, WildSide, joined by Reno Riggins are facing off against the Renesto Brothers and The Assassin. WIldSide is ready to hand over the belts but Riggins stops them, taking the belt from JT Southern. Southern and Riggins have a few words before Riggins swings around and lays out Southern with the belt. Before Baxter can react, he too is nailed. Riggins hands the belts over to The Assassin who holds them in the air while Reno Riggins puts the boots to Southern and Baxter.

Behind The Assassin, both Renestos pull something from their trunks ... they have the hoods! Putting them on, both Renestos hit The Assassin when he turns around with the belts. Down goes The Assassin and the hooded Renestos put the boots to him. They beat him senseless and tear the hood from him. They take the bloodied torn mask and the belts before leaving to the booing fans.

We return to a disgusted Bert Prentice while Ronnie P thinks justice has been served. Finally, the rightful owners of the tag titles have been crowned. Bert thinks they are in for a world of hurt as they now have a target on their backs and the same goes for Reno Riggins for stabbing his friends in the back! Friends?!?! Ronnie P does not call JT Southern and Shawn Baxter Reno's friends. After what they did to him with JT Southern stealing his tag partner and then stealing the tag belts?

Bert can't believe what he is hearing but what he does have to say is simple ... this kind of behavior is not acceptable which led to the hiring of this man ...

philSM.jpg

Phil Hickerson has been brought in as the Commissioner. Bert sings his praises as a rough and tumble wrestler who isn't going to take any lip from wrestlers or you, Ronnie P. Gossett. Phil talks about the recent developments brought to his attention and is going to review everything before making any decisions.

We'll be hearing from Reno Riggins who is in action today and when we get back from commercial break, Jamie Dundee returns to action against Precious Paul Lee! Don't go away!

x-x-x-x-x Local commercials x-x-x-x-x
Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin!

We return to Bert and Ronnie P. as Bert gives a rundown on what went on weeks ago when Jamie and Tojo Yamamoto were attacked by Miss Kentucky's minions. Ronnie takes offense to that. Tojo was injured after taking a fireball to the face following their match which has kept him out of the ring for weeks. Ronnie disputes that, blaming Tojo for the one who was ready to throw fire in the face of the defenseless Miss Kentucky but luckily, it backfired. Bert can't believe what we are hearing and throws it to the ring!

Jamie Dundee w/Dark Journey versus Precious Paul Lee. Referee Danny Davis.
Lee in a sequined robe struts around like Ric Flair and delays the match refusing to get into the ring unless Dundee was back in his own corner.

Once underway, Lee works Dundee's arm while jawing with the fans before Jamie reverses position and takes control of Lee's arm. Drop kick sends Lee rolling from the ring to the outside and complain about his hair being pulled. The referee over quickly to warn Dundee which brings DJ into the ring and the fans booing.

Crossing sequence with Jamie putting Lee down with a running knee lift and drops for the cover. Davis down late ... 1! 2! Lee kicks out!

Reversal on an Irish whip and Jamie sends his opponent hard into the corner. He follows in and sends Lee flying with a Monkey Flip. He again covers but Davis is involved with Dark Journey and arguing with her to get off the apron. Jamie gets off of Lee and spins Davis around and the two are arguing. In from behind, Lee with the schoolboy rolls up Dundee and Davis drops immediately down for the fast 1! 2! 3!

The fans can't believe it! Jamie can't believe it nor can Dark Journey who reads Danny Davis the riot act! An angry Bert sends it to a commercial break!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

We return to Bert and Ronnie who are arguing about the match. Bert says Jamie was robbed but Ronnie P says that he was robbed because Dark Journey distracted the referee and did everything in her power to cheat for that no good Dundee. Precious Paul Lee is one to keep an eye on!

renoSM.jpg

A smug Reno Riggins makes his way out to the ring and is booed to high heaven. After joining Bert and Ronnie P, Reno is congratulated by Gossett for getting rid of the dead weight in WildSide. Bert is disgusted that Reno would do that to his friend and former tag team partner but is cut off when Reno says he did what he had to do. You can't show a professional that level of disrespect and expect to get away with it. Bert tells him he bette grow a pair of eyes in the back of his head because one ofthese days JT Southern and Shawn Baxter will get even. Not goona happen because as Reno hears it, he slapped the taste from Baxter's mouth to ever step into a ring again.

Now, as for JT Southern, he's got all the eyes he needs ...

deeSM.jpg

DEBBIE COMBS?!?!?! Bert can't believe that the daughter of Cora Combs would ever align herself with this guy? She tells Bert to put a muzzle on it and for the record ... it is PRINCESS DEE. She knows a winner when she see it and this man is going straight to the top!

Allen Reynolds versus Reno Riggins w/Princess Dee. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Riggins gets right to work and puts a beating on Reynolds whole Dee does her best to distract the ref. Riggins is also able to put Reynolds in his corner before distracting Jerry Calhoun whole Dee gets in some shots of her own that has the whole studio upset. She tells them to shut up when they try to alert Calhoun.

Swinging neckbreaker and Reno Riggins gets the convincing win. He and Dee both put the boots to Reynolds ...

jtSM.jpg

JT SOUTHERN TO THE RESCUE! HE SLIDES INTO THE RING AND COMES UP THROWING PUNCHES THAT SENDS RIGGINS AND DEE HEADING FOR THE HILLS!

Bert tells us our time is up and to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

Bert addresses the situation in Memphis to start the show.

Hickerson doesn't strike me as the management type but in a territory like MCW i think he could pull it off.

Loved Dundee's opponent doing a Flair impersonation. Davis is just being shameless at this point.

Riggins may have just become MCW's biggest heel after costing the Wildside the tag titles and joining up with Debb...i mean Princess Dee. Southern tries to make the traitor pay but he slips through his fingers.

Great opening to the show with what went down in Memphis!  Jerry Jarrett has no comment right now.

Hickerson is an interesting choice.  I wonder if he will solve or create the problems.

Love the chaos of the tag titles!  

I think having the women at the top of the talent helps to keep everyone interested in a promotion like this.  

Enjoyed the opening as Bert puts a closure on his Memphis feud. If I worked in Memphis, I think I would give Bert a call. He doesn't seem like a bad guy to work for.

Damn! A lot goes down with a double turn. The Renestos putting on hoods is so awesome, while Reno seals his heel turn. I have to admit, the Renestos are quickly becoming my favorite team in the game. 

Man, it's good to see Hickerson back in the game as an authority figure. Good call here.

Hmmmm, Hickerson might have to have a word with Danny Davis. I do like Lee playing the knock off Flair gimmick here. Hey, it worked great for Landel hahaha. 

In one show, Reno has become the top heel. The turn and now brings in Combs, oh I mean Princess Dee. This is great stuff. 

Music City is a blast to read. Keep up the great work. 

WCAY-30-SM.jpg

Voiceover: You are watching Music City Wrestling on WCAY-TV, Channel 30!

Music plays to start the show over wrestling action from Music City's favorites before ending with the MCW logo.

MCW-LOGO-200x160.jpg
Music City Wrestling
From the WCAY-TV studios in Nashville, Tennessee!
Airing at 10:30 am Central on WCAY-TV, Channel 30
Taped: Thursday, January 11, 1989
Aired: Saturday, January 13, 1989

Bert Prentice & Ronnie P. Gossett IV
Danny Davis & Jerry Calhoun - Referees

bertprentice.jpg gossett-SM.jpg

An enthusiastic Bert Prentice hopes that no one missed the fireworks of last week's program to kick off the New Year! Ronnie Gossett continues on his "Justice was Served" kick with the Renestos finally getting the tag team titles after being overlooked time and again. Those two "boys" had to take matters into their own hands ...

The fans boo as two men wearing Assassin hoods make their way out, carrying title belts over their shoulders. They talk about the family legacy being cemented as the top family in all of professional wrestling. The Renesto name will go down in history as one of the all time greats and they are just getting started.

One of the Assassins pulls out a torn and bloodied mask and holds it up saying this is what is in store for any and all of the pretenders ...

jtSM.jpg

The fans cheer as JT Southern makes his way out. The Assassins go into defensive mode but Southern holds his hands up as he isn't looking for any trouble. The Assassins are angry that this is their scheduled time and for Southern to hit the road or this isn't going to end well for him ...

We have ourselves a party as Reno Riggins and Princess Dee also come out. Reno calls Southern a very brave man coming out here alone and if he looks around he has the tag team champion Assassins and the future heavyweight champ standing across from him. This could end very badly indeed ...

philSM.jpg

Phil Hickerson marches out and gets between the two parties. There's not going to be any funny business today under his watch. He says The Assassins are right ... this is their TV time but he's interested in hearing what Southern has to say because it must be something important if he is willing to face 2-on-1, then 3-on-1 odds to say it.

Southern smiles as he is going to get a chance to say his piece. He asks as the former tag champion, if he is entitled to a rematch? Hickerson and Prentice look at each other before Hickerson says that is the usual standard practice. Southern says he would like to have that rematch ... HERE, TODAY!

Reno starts laughing and calls Southern an idiot because he took out Southern's partner, Shawn Baxter and sent him into an early retirement. Hickerson tells Reno to knock it off before asking Southern if he has a partner because he can't allow Southern to go it alone.

The calm, cool and collected Southern grins and says his partner is right here which has The Assassins, Riggins, Dee and Ronnie Gossett looking around the studio. Hickerson tells Southern to bring his partner on out but Southern says he doesn't have to, his partner is right here ... IT'S RENO RIGGINS AND HE WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

Riggins, Dee, The Assassins, and Ronnie Gossett all go ballistic which brings a smile to Bert's face as he sends us into a commercial break! Don't go away!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin!

We return to Bert and Ronnie P. who is still hot under the collar about the "stunt" JT Southern is trying to pull off. Bert says it is no stunt and defends Southern's choice. Reno Riggins complained about JT "stealing" his partner and the belts when WildSide won the titles and no, he is giving him the chance he wanted. I'd call that a very nice gesture if I was Reno Riggins!

In any case, we have a match to get to as Tony Falk takes on Dennis Allen. Ronnie wants to know who the three young men and the one woman following Tony to the ring are? That is his new class of students who we should see in action sometime this year. Gossett says they don't look like much and that Falk should have joined Don Bass instead ... at least they would have been contenders to The Assassins.

Tony Falk w/his students versus Dennis Allen. Referee Danny Davis.
Falk puts on an early technical exhibition, wrapping up his opponent and putting him into several pinning predicaments while explaining things to his students. Dennis Allen complains about his tights and hair being pulled. Danny Davis with several warnings for Falk.

Getting back to business, Falk continues to roll Allen all over the mat but finds Danny Davis admonishing his students rather than making a count. Dennis Allen with a school boy that nearly wins as Davis seems to be right on the count, if not a little fast but Falk is able to escape at the very last instance. Bit of a death stare from Falk for the referee.

DJSM.jpg

The fans cheer as Dark Journey makes her way out. She makes eye contact with Danny Davis and has a few words while Falk gets back to business. He grapples Dennis Allen to the mat, locks him in a painful hold and has his opponent taping out quickly, leaving no doubt about it. While Falk leaves victorious with his students, Danny Davis hightails it out of the ring for the back.

Joining Bert and Ronnie, Dark Journey has a few choice words for referee Danny Davis. As we all saw last week in Jamie's match and here today in Tony's match, Danny Davis doesn't seem to cut it as an impartial official. Ronnie P. blasts her as being sour grapes because her man is a poor imitation of his father and Tojo Yamamoto was just too old to tie his shoes anymore! Bert talks about her making those accusations previously. She makes a comment about Ronnie probably not being able to tie his shoes but for a different reason which sends him into a tizzy!

A laughing Bert sends it to a commercial break!

Bert with a run down of the weekly shows Music City will visit ... You will find us in Camden, Sparta, Lebanon, Springfield, Smyrna, Lafayette, Gallatin and of course, MCW IS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

We return to Bert and Ronnie who are arguing about what Dark Journey said, not about the poor officiating by Danny Davis but about him being able to tie his own shoes. Ronnie P. says that he can tie his own shoes with his svelte figure. Bert's comment about needing a dictionary goes over Ronnie's head as we turn our attention to the main event.

Tag Team Title Match:
The Assassins (C) versus JT Southern & Reno Riggins w/Princess Dee. Referee Jerry Calhoun.
Southern starts off with a high gear drop kicking assault on the champions, sending them both from the ring in hurry. Baseball slide to the outside nails both champs and the fans are loving it.

Back in the ring, JT is able to put one of The Assassins down for a 2 count before the other one breaks it up.

The Assassins start to battle their way back after slowing things down and JT escapes to his corner for a tag to Reno Riggins. Riggins is reluctant to come in but is ordered to by the referee. Slowly but surely he warms up and starts to take it to the tag champs. Double team drop kicks on The Assassins and Riggins and Southern come up for a high five. The fans start to back the challengers as they continue to work over their opponents.

Ronnie Gossett can't believe Reno is buying into this as Bert gave him an "I told you so". Christmas has come early or late depending on how you look at it. The Assassins might be in for a very short title reign here as JT Southern and Reno Riggins put a beating on the masked men ... even Princess Dee gets in on the cheering along with the fans.

Reno works an arm, yanking on it repeatedly as he pulls one of The Assassins back to his corner for a tag ... JT SOUTHERN TURNS HIS BACK ON RENO RIGGINS AND LEAVES THE STUDIO! JT SOUTHERN HAS LEFT HIS TAG TEAM PARTNER HIGH AND DRY!

Riggins and Dee can not believe it but The Assassins are now mad and take it out on Reno. Double suplex is followed by a leg drop across his throat after being held over an Assassin's knee.

The champs are not looking for a pinfall as they continue to beat on Riggins. Double dropkicks of their own sends him to the outside where the pair run him into the ringside barrier. Princess Dee tries to intervene but gets shoved out of the way. Rolling him back into the ring, one Assassin lifts him into the air while the other one climbs the corner ropes. He comes flying off and plants Reno face first into the mat with a bulldog. No denying the victory here as The Assassins place a boot on RIggins' chest for the 1! 2! 3!

Bert tells us our time is up and to come back next week for more wrestling action, right here on WCAY TV 30!

22 minutes ago, LastStopTour said:

Probably not as Southern is the face here and after what Reno did to him and Shawn Baxter as shown on TV last week

Oh wow, my bad. I totally read the whole thing backwards. Sorry, had a busy weekend :lol:

• 2 weeks later...