Timbo Slice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

So I'm guessing Fenix winning the International title was a shoot, since Fightful said the plan for Mox was to have someone come out and challenge him

It absolutely was. Knox not counting the pin was a tell, as was Roberts' saying "And sti-new AEW International Champion..." I assume Mox is getting the belt back when he's ready, but the Fenix reign is a nice bit of lemonade out of lemons.

I am sorry, I know not everyone is going to like them, but I for one am going to love all the MJF/Cole/Strong hospital/rehab/other promos/vignettes in the coming weeks/months, and post my enthusiasm here. As I said in the other thread, the money is not in Cole wrestling, the money lies in this, in MJF and Cole remaining friends while Roddy cries about it. This injury will draw MJF closer to Cole and make him trust Cole even more, so the ultimate betrayal by Cole will be even more terrible. Much like with Bret's leg injury and Austin's neck injury in 1997, this injury has the chance to make the hot storyline even hotter. On a personal level, while I wish Cole all the best for his surgery and hope he comes back healthy and strong ASAP, enjoying his participation in the hottest storyline in AEW in years while not having to watch him wrestle is a win-win for me. 

HartFoundation.jpeg.c10a50d3061fa911f5dcf911c89d13fb.jpeg

When Cole turns full heel after betraying MJF, hope he chooses to remain in his wheelchair. Roddy can be his Owen 

I do think he has signed an extension, but I have no proof. But yeah, if his contract is coming up soon, then that would be the perfect time for him to lose the title either to Cole, or if Cole still cannot wrestle, then to someone else due to Cole's betrayal. 

Jay White would be a dope champion (him versus babyface Kenny would play well with that audience), and MJF doesn’t really need the belt for what he’s got going on, anyway. They can find a way to transition the International Title to him if they want him to have a strap for Adam Cole to screw him out of, and face MJF versus a returning heel Moxley would make for fun promo battles, at the very least. 

I dig that we have an actual mystery, even if it’s going to end up being Cole behind it all. Especially since the devil mask was hanging behind him during an interview the other week. I don’t really have a problem since it makes sense but it will probably mean Kyle O’Reilly is coming back and I could live without that. 

Also, kind of interesting that these Righteous vignettes have Cole labelled as a liar. More of this kind of shit is needed; it’s all in the details

I can imagine Edge being super conflicted over his decision. It's a good problem to have but a tough choice professionally. We don't know the terms being offered by WWE but the fact they let it expire says an extension couldn't be reached. Then you factor in some uncertainty with how TKO is going to operate since VKM has always pushed Edge since day one. WWE is also doing some great things that I'm sure Edge would like to be involved in. However, AEW will give Edge more creative input, arguably as the top guy in the company with a lot of his friends already there, and I do believe they need him right now in wake of Punk's departure. 

8 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Adam Copeland is such a bland name. Would love if they played off of Christian becoming Christian Cage and went for like “Edge Eastland” or some shit, though I guess that’s more arguable as copyright infringement. Just go full Impact Zone with it, fuck it.

they are brothers in wwe kayfabe so hes obviously Edge Cage, the worst name ive ever heard.