Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 9/27 - 9/30 - The Ramp That Kills

Timbo Slice

17 hours ago, Embrodak said:

I like Kyle O’Reilly just fine, but I do not want to see Undisputed Era back together as a three-man rump. Although MJF turning back heel and joining them in a mega twist might be fun, MJF is better with a goon or two than without.

At this point I don't think there's a possible "MJF heel turn" unless it's a against OC or Eddie Kingston. If Undisputed Era returns and Max joins them, they are all gonna be cheered and be treated as faces. And if they feuding with BCG, then they will be even bigger faces, lol.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MLB said:

Jay White got torched by MJF, he's definitely not on the level of the Devil.  

Tofu analogies are not torching someone

6 hours ago, Mr Wrestling 2000 said:

they are brothers in wwe kayfabe so hes obviously Edge Cage, the worst name ive ever heard.

They actually are not. That got retconned around the time Christian won the WHC and started being referred to as "Edge's best friend". 

lol Toni Storm is the absolute best, an incredible turnaround for her. Her segments are cannot miss, even tho that RJ City guy is genuinely, literally completely useless and actively annoying. Looking forward to our own Marilyn Monroe winning the title yet again, with all the normies cheering her on 

I love Kris Statlander, she rules, but after watching their storyline, and in particular her so-called "fired up babyface promo", I think Julia has to win the belt. She has just overshadowed and outshone Kris during their angle throughout. The belt needs to go to her. Plus, she would be the perfect champ for a debuting Mercedes Mone' to beat for the title - a rookie with very little experience, AND someone who always relies on extraneous factors and external shortcuts (even though her long-term story is that ultimately, she is much better than that). 

Don't get why Righteous are so hated and criticised. I think they are a good team, and with a very distinctive yet effective style of promo (like all the boos and STFU chants will attest to). Perhaps the promo style will take time to grow on people, but they clearly have a lot of potential. They have natural charisma and actual personalities, something a lot of modern wrestlera just doesn't have much of, which is a problem. Their charisma imo will help them go to the top. Really don't get why they are so hated.

30 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I mean it was probably already obvious, but making it the main event is pretty much a large neon sign that Darby is winning the belt back in his hometown. 

Darby already had that moment, I wouldn't be shocked if they swerve for maximum heat with Christian retaining and then do a send 'em home happy dark match for the live crowd. 

Then again, I'm probably overthinking and Darby will go over. They already alienated Chicago to some degree and they probably shouldn't fuck around with Seattle like that.

58 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'm thinking Luchasaurus finally turns on Christian and that leads Darby to winning the match. 

A shameful way to end the show and guaranteed to send all of Christian's Peeps home unhappy.

The amount of refunds Tony Khan would have to issue would make it a financial bloodbath for him.

That Andrade vs Juice match was awesome. In ring Andrade is the most believable wrestler. There are few matches in today's wrestling that really keep my attention. 

Andrade and Juice have allot of potential to be top guys. Juice reminds me of Randy Savage. Even his physique looks like '87 Savage. 

Jay White and Juice need to be featured and Tony should extend their contracts before WWE embarrasses AEW...again. 

I've said it several times before, but I still think MJF needs to be humbled. He has not shown that he can elevate AEW and doesn't have much drawing power compared to someone else. He has devalued the World Title. His shtick is mid. The ratings prove my point. 

12 hours ago, MoS said:

Don't get why Righteous are so hated and criticised. I think they are a good team, and with a very distinctive yet effective style of promo (like all the boos and STFU chants will attest to). Perhaps the promo style will take time to grow on people, but they clearly have a lot of potential. They have natural charisma and actual personalities, something a lot of modern wrestlera just doesn't have much of, which is a problem. Their charisma imo will help them go to the top. Really don't get why they are so hated.

It's a good question and my take is that they gained a negative reputation without fans really giving them a chance. They came through right as AEW emerged and Vincent was apart of Taven's crew when Taven was a Justin Credible tier whipping boy and the poster child of everything wrong in ROH. I think AEW fans tend to be more open minded and willing to give acts a chance.

With that said, the recent criticism is more to do with the booking of MJF. MJF is the biggest star of the company, yet he's busy defending the secondary promotion tag team belts. I also don't think it helped that the Righteous began feuding with the Hardys who fans seem to tolerate moreso than actually enjoy.

2 hours ago, Big Pete said:

They came through right as AEW emerged and Vincent was apart of Taven's crew when Taven was a Justin Credible tier whipping boy and the poster child of everything wrong in ROH.

100% this. They got the Jeff Jarret in WCW treatment by being a top act in a promotion where the wheels were falling off, even though they weren't the problem.