Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Revolution 2024

MoS

Is this the best build to a PPV AEW has ever done? I think the closest is Revolution 2020. 

Main event is very intriguing. Swerve is so fucking over, but Joe is just doing such a good job as champ. It seems like I have often been the lone Hangman defender on this board, but his new heel shtick seems to be liked by pretty much everyone, almost in an unexpected way. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Out 2021 and maybe Full Gear 2021 would've been my picks for the best builds AEW have pulled off, but there's a fair bit going for this one. Feel like they've balanced enough across Eddie/Bryan, Sting's last match, OC/Roddy, and even the women's title match.

I'm in the camp that find Hangman easy to dislike, although I still struggle to view him as the heel in this scenario. Same goes for Swerve as the face. To me, it feels like the recent actions of both go against what was established between the two last year, rather than a part of the natural development of their feud. Hanger losing him moral compass out of spite doesn't work as well if I can't get behind either Swerve or Joe as the face in contrast.

Yeah, I don't really find Hangman a likeable guy, at least not enough to be the babyface they set him up to be. Him being a heelish tweener serves him better.

But hey, it's Sting's Last Dance. We know that WWE owns the right to WCW footage, but what about the theme songs? Using "The Man Called Sting" or "Turbo Charged" would be peak wrestling. 

How would you guys book the Sting match? You know he wants to go out putting someone over but the angle has been built up for the Bucks to get their comeuppance for beating up his kids.  But then you have to consider the tag titles as well. We all know TK likes him some tournaments, so I assume that'd be the plan.

As far as Swerve goes he reminds me a lot of when Stone Cold turned babyface and was still doing what he did as a heel but instead was doing it to other heels. Swerve has such undeniable charisma and has got so over it almost doesn't even matter if it makes sense for him to be cheered, he just is at this point.

No one wants to see Sting lose. The Bucks aren't getting the rub, just like KO beating Austin at WM was something no one wanted and it wouldn't have even helped KO. I do kind of hope Flair swerves him one last time, for funsies.

First AEW PPV I've ordered since Revolution '22, which I genuinely remember nothing about.

This is strictly a one-match show for me - The Stinger's sendoff - so everything else is a bonus IMO.

Does B/R also show the Buy In? I remember them doing so, but it's been a while.

I have no idea if Sting is going to job on the way out but it wouldn’t surprise me if he does and we get asshole EVP Bucks as champs. Though I don’t really think they’ve done a great job with establishing a challenger unless they go with Claudio/Moxley opposite them. Though, having Joe pin Hangman is an easy transition into Heel Hangman and Heel Bucks moving into a feud with The Acclaimed and winning the trios titles.

Its way down the list in importance but I have a feeling that Trent costs Cassidy the International title tonight and they pull the trigger on his solo run 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

First AEW PPV I've ordered since Revolution '22, which I genuinely remember nothing about.

This is strictly a one-match show for me - The Stinger's sendoff - so everything else is a bonus IMO.

Does B/R also show the Buy In? I remember them doing so, but it's been a while.

Dawg this card is fucking stacked. Certainly has potential to be an all timer.