Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Revolution 2024

MoS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Did the show end abruptly for anyone else?

Darby said they had only 3 more minutes of PPV and was giving Sting time cues, so there was no way the whole thing was going air live. It's gonna end up on AEW's Youtube channel asap if I had to guess.

27 minutes ago, sek69 said:

On a  show where only the main event really mattered, every match delivered. I don't think it was BEST PPV EVAR but it was the best one AEW has had in a while.

It's between this, All Out 2021, and All In 2023

Absolute top tier PPV 

Storm vs Deonna: Quite good

Scramble: Messy but pretty good

Christian vs DC: Quite good

Joe/Hanger/Swerve: Quite good

Eddie vs Bryan: Ruled

BCC vs FTR: Ruled

Ospreay vs Takeshita: Fucking ruled

Roddy vs OC: Ruled

Sting/Darby vs Bucks: S tier sports entertainmenting from opening video to end of show. 

AEW when it is peak and with a full arena mega hot crowd is the ultimate early-mid 00s smark promotion. Like this entire show is absolute peak for wild shit you could not have possibly imagined to be happening in 2024 if you were a fan in the early days of the indies explosion in 2001-2002.

Tbh, if AEW only existed for the Sting run, it would have been worth it.

In hindsight, the Bucks were the perfect opponents for Sting's last match. I love FTR far far more than I love the Bucks, and the previous FTR-Sting/Darby match might have been "better" as far as a wrestling match simpliciter goes, but as a spectacle, this was far beyond anything I can imagine wcould have happened with the FTR, especially in light of the fact that, vocal Twitter minority aside, fans boo the Bucks far more than they do FTR

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also, it's good that Darby wasn't around when CZW had it's moments. Dude is out there on PPV doing swantons on a glass sheet outside the ring (and he got fucked up because of that). I just cannot believe shit like that.

He didn't even go to hospital! He is having a singles match in 10 days! He is not human

2 hours ago, MoS said:

He didn't even go to hospital! He is having a singles match in 10 days! He is not human

AND he's going to Mount Everest later this March. Dude's retiring by his own volition in like, 5 years, but he sure made the most out of it