Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/22 - 04/28 X-Men 97 rocks

KawadaSmile

Gio is probably on the way out too, methinks. They want to give Kaiser a shot on his own and Big G is obviously SD! bound to be a Cody foil at some point, so I imagine he will be given his walking papers, sadly. 

A weird show that was very shtick-filled based on what I was able to see. 

I would've preferred Liv just for the sake of something somewhat fresher, plus the obvious history with Rhea. 

But they love to make Liv a choke artist.  Rumble 23 goes over an hour and is the last one eliminated. Rumble 24 returns from injury at #30 and is the last one eliminated. Elim Chamber, pins Bianca then is immediately the last one eliminated.   Tonight, here we go again. 

8 hours ago, MoS said:

I see the terminally online Liv Morgan fans are having a meltdown over someone objectively far more popular and far better in every single way winning the world title over her 

Liv Morgan has fans?

With that said, I do think Liv winning the title after taking credit for putting Rhea on the shelf to set up Rhea coming back for revenge is a more compelling story. Not to mention Rhea just beat Becky clean a few weeks ago. But I'm not the Cerebral Assassin, so what do I know?

48 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Liv Morgan has fans?

With that said, I do think Liv winning the title after taking credit for putting Rhea on the shelf to set up Rhea coming back for revenge is a more compelling story. Not to mention Rhea just beat Becky clean a few weeks ago. But I'm not the Cerebral Assassin, so what do I know?

Not many, but the ones she has are extremely vocal. 

I would think Becky won the title so Morgan can beat her for it and hold it till Rhea comes back - it makes more sense for her to beat Becky to win the title than a Battle Royal. From what I have seen, she is a heel now and doesn't like Becky or Rhea, so then she can take credit for both injuring Rhea and beating Becky

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I would argue that it's better for a heel to backdoor her way into the title by winning a battle royal than to beat someone for it straight-up, especially if she's just keeping the belt warm until Rhea returns.

That's fair, I was going to argue that winning the world title by winning a battle royal cheapens the title - it is easy at least conceptually to get around this by just booking a mini-Rumble instead of a battle royal - so it would be better if an established name like Becky Lynch won that way, but then that ship sailed a long time ago. I remember Khali winning the world title on Smackdown in a battle royal 

Surprised how much Blair Davenport and Sol Ruca were killing each other in a match with a cheesy hardcore gimmick.  It was probably a fun match to have tho, I've 100% hit people with those boogie board things when I was younger.

If I was Baron Corbin I would never want to leave NXT. He has a purpose there as a veteran for the young pups to work with and will just end up floating aimlessly on the main roster if he goes back.

1 hour ago, Timbo Slice said:

Ilja and Trick doing the Bryan/Will face off spot literally days later was hilarious. 

It's wild because it's a call back to a match they had in February. It's the exact same spot, except with Ilja hitting his move.

I guess no one watched Smackdown.

Roman withdrew himself from Draft eligibility.

Bianca (SD) and Jey (Raw) were the #1 draft picks.  That's certainly a choice.

Melo (NXT to SD) got drafted in the first round and challenged Cody.

The Bloodline (Solo, Tama Tonga, and Paul Heyman) were picked in the third round.

Kiana James (to Raw) was the only other NXT draft pick on Night 1.

Cody vs. Melo was the main event.

Cody was really favoring his shoulder at the end. I hope he's just a better seller than I remember. Another injury would be disastrous.

Essentially RAW just traded Andrade for Bron (2 months after making big deals about those two signing with their previous respective brands)

And RAW traded Nia Jax to SD for an NXT call up in Kiana while everyone else stayed put thus far.

Surprised Kiana got the call up, not that she isn't ready but there wasn't even the slightest hint she was wrapping up yet. Hopefully it's not going to be another callup with no plans.

I dunno about this quick squash match deal with Bron either. I get they are trying to get him over as an unstoppable badass but I feel like wrestling fans who aren't terminally online see short squashes as a way to hide that someone is a shit wrestler they don't want to get exposed.

3 hours ago, Alucard said:

Essentially RAW just traded Andrade for Bron (2 months after making big deals about those two signing with their previous respective brands)

And RAW traded Nia Jax to SD for an NXT call up in Kiana while everyone else stayed put thus far.

There were a couple of other picks after Smackdown went off the air: Alba & Isla to Raw, along with Shayna, Zoey & Ivar; Baron Corbin got drafted to Smackdown along with The OC (Mia Yim)