Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV - 6/17 - 6/21 - Owned By A Contraction. Again.

Timbo Slice

Word is WWE wants to establish relationships with promotions in Mexico and Puerto Rico similar to the ones they have with TNA, NOAH, and Marigold.

CMLL and AAA are both working with AEW, so what does that leave as far as Mexican promotions? Is IWRG still a thing?

Speaking of NOAH, AJ Styles will be facing Naomichi Marufuji at their Budokan event next month.

That match obviously won't be nearly as bonkers as it would have been 20 years ago, but it should still be a fun one.

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Is IWRG still a thing?

It is, and it actually wouldn't be a bad choice to partner up with. It's basically the TNA of Mexico where guys go between AAA/CMLL runs.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Anyone else think it was weird storyline wise Samantha couldn't be at Raw because Ricochet got murdered by Bron, but was fine enough to fly to Scotland for a PLE?

They never said her absence was due to the Ricochet stuff (even though she was shown in the video package running to Ricochet's side backstage). They simply said she'd be back next week.

I will eat my words and concede that Bray Wyatt really was a genius if this gets Bo Dallas over as a main event heel and it doesn't die horribly once he starts actually wrestling. By the way, Uncle Howdy nearly tripped and fell right after his big reveal, so we came dangerously close to another Shockmaster moment.

I will also concede that Bray was hamstrung somewhat by the constraints of the PG environment. He would have been much more effective if he had been able to bloody people up rather than terrorize them with puppets.

On 6/17/2024 at 11:52 PM, NintendoLogic said:

CMLL and AAA are both working with AEW, so what does that leave as far as Mexican promotions?

AAA (Konnan specifically) were giving very strong "come and get me" pleadings to WWE back when dragon Lee signed. I don't think it would take much to get them to jump. 

11 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

So Roman back as a babyface and getting the  Usos back together, but they need a fourth. Gonna be an amazing Survivor Series. 

Zilla Fatu has been hitting the indies, saw him team with Jacob in MLW and he's clearly a "green but you have something here" guy.

3 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

It took all of one night for Jacob Fatu to eclipse Solo as the proper lead on that side of the ledger. I don't think it happens given his age and history, but that guy is pure fire. Fingers crossed they don't slow roll Roman's return until Mania.

It helps that he's the one who most resembles Umaga's wild persona. I like Solo, but in terms of actual experience he has half as much in-ring time as Jacob, so no wonder one is probably going to outshine the other.