Pro Wrestling Only

Ashley Massaro is back and that scares me

Bix

So a few weeks ago, Dave Meltzer mentioned in the WON that Ashley "was in bad shape at catering" and would be gone for awhile. The obvious implicaton was that she was "in no condition to perform"-level high on something and sent to rehab. Tonight on Raw, she was back. What does this mean?

For all of the Wellness Program's faults, WWE has been pretty pro-active about sending addicts to rehab since Brian Pillman died. This seems to be done exclusively due to people showing up at work high, as nobody (not even Kurt Angle or anyone sent to rehab) has failed a test for painkillers since the new policy was implemented for whatever that's worth. It seems like the case may be that someone was sent to rehab, left early, and was allowed to come back to work. Should we give WWE the benefit of the doubt and guess that Meltzer got bad info or something isn't what it seems? I feel like I should assume the worst with them but given their history in this specific area of drug abuse over the last decade, I'm not really sure.

She looked *awful*. She's borderline scary looking now. And she might be anorexic.

Plus, did anyone see Melina's stomach tonight? No way that's natural. No coincidence she has ripped, shredded abs a week before the biggest showcase of the year where everyone is supposed to look their best

Not as much when you're 45, needing a hip replacement, and spending much, much more time at work leaving less for the gym than you've had in years.

As far as the original topic, I emailed Dave Meltzer, and he says that Massaro was only sent home, not to rehab, which is still odd.

Not as much when you're 45, needing a hip replacement, and spending much, much more time at work leaving less for the gym than you've had in years.

As far as the original topic, I emailed Dave Meltzer, and he says that Massaro was only sent home, not to rehab, which is still odd.

Abs are a different animal than other muscle groups. They only ever really get to a certain size and they're not really going to shrink like say your legs if you leave them alone for awhile. They can also be maintained too once you've developed them to a certain level (through different exercises or direct work infrequently). I've had developed abs since I was around 12 or 13. I have never lost them to this day. Not even the time when I had a severe injury and couldn't work out for a year.

You can maintain your abs with ab work in minutes once every two or 3 weeks if you want to. It doesn't matter how much time you have for the gym. Abs can always be maintained and the ripped ab look can also be maintained by having low bodyfat. Steroids aren't needed for this even if you are 45. However, they can help with the look by making it easier to have less bodyfat.

If WWE wanted to send someone to rehab and they refused, they'd probably fire them.

Why didn't they fire Jeff hardy then? Didn't he refuse?

Nobody has said anything about him being offered rehab this time out. He was fired originally for refusing rehab.

Wasn't HBK sent home for "being in bad shape" until a combo of his kids, Kevin Nash, and Jesus got him to clean up? Also I seem to recall Dave mentioning Ron Simmons was "in bad shape" backstage at the 12/29 RAW which led him to check into rehab.

Perhaps the WWE chain of drug abuse is first time you get sent home and the second time it's rehab or GTFO?

If WWE wanted to send someone to rehab and they refused, they'd probably fire them.

Why didn't they fire Jeff hardy then? Didn't he refuse?

Nobody has said anything about him being offered rehab this time out. He was fired originally for refusing rehab.

There was also that other guy with the gold medal who was far less expendable than Ashley who got tossed for refusing to go to rehab.

Guest Real Man's Man

maybe they tried to send her to rehab and she said "no, no, no."

sorry

I'm sure plenty would have replied negatively to that, but does anyone really want whine house content here?

Not sorry :)

Seriously though, it's hard to imagine that they consider her so important to the Wrestlemania match that they would either overlook her being in a bad state (assuming she is - I haven't seen her return), or allow her to refuse rehab until after Wrestlemania. If either is so, then oh dear.