Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair Out To Destroy Ric Flair

Loss

Supposedly it's going to be the War & Peace of shoot interviews, ridiculously long, which could help explain the massive price they paid. I assume they're either going to charge a high price for it, or break it up into several different volumes. They could make their money back if they're selling like a six-disk monstrosity for $100 or more total, it probably shouldn't be that hard to get a thousand people to order one.

• 2 weeks later...

So the AP is reporting that Flair was beaten up by his daughter's boyfriend, after his daughter was just arrested for resisting arrest in a convenience store. These types of headlines are going to kill any appeal Flair has doing corporate speaking quickly. These headlines aren't new to Flair, but at least before, he could hide them behind the WWE machine.

As it turns out, Coca-Cola canceled plans to bring in Flair for speaking engagements after the photos circulated of him with the black eye. He's charging $30,000 for overseas appearances and is insisting on receiving the money up front. Also, his release from WWE contained a one-year no-compete regarding TNA.

• 3 weeks later...

For fun, let's come up with some reasonable questions Flair could be asked that would be insightful (not so much to smear him). Examples:

You have said in the past that booking is not your strength, that wrestling is. Knowing this, why did you not turn down the opportunity to join the booking committee in 1989? Was it motivation to protect your spot, did you have an interest in becoming a better booker, or was it something else entirely?

How do you respond to criticism that you're a "routine man" and wrestle the same match every night?

I'll be attending a Q&A session with Flair in England tomorrow.

My experience so far is that most people in the audience tend not to ask questions, except for the uninteresting things like "What was your favourite match?"

I'll ask these two that Loss suggested, and will add another of my own:

"Having just been relinquished a WWE contract because they wanted to limit your right to work anywhere else, do you think that the case brought by Levy, Klucsarits, and Sanders has any merit?"

I might be able to get a good aside out of him if I factor in:

"Eric Bischoff's comment on this lawsuit was to say that it was frivolous litigation and "I detest it". I wonder whether you have any comment to make on Bischoff saying this, seeing as he used frivolous litigation himself in an attempt to bankrupt your family."

Anybody else have anything they'd like me to ask?