Bix

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

John McAdam under a pseudonym Re: Halloween Havoc '90:

As an aside, I don't know why but later that night the guys had the wildest post-show party I've ever seen, complete with multiple examples of "Why Ric Flair will someday be broke". :(

No pictures. This was 1990, back when people could actually have fun and not worry about people recording things on their cell phones and posting them on the internet.

Flair got the mic from the DJ and did a five minute Black Scorpion impersonation. There's no way to make it funny in print, but it was hilarious.

What was scary was that Flair when asked the guy for the mic, the DJ said he couldn't let him do it- it might get him fired. After a bit of bantering Flair pulled out his wallet, piling $50 and $100 bills until the guy finally agreed to let Flair have the mic for only five minutes, all under the guise that Flair grabbed the mic without permission*. All told, I'd say Flair spent about $600 of 1990 money for that five minutes of fun. On top of that, he was buying drinks for everyone in sight.

While I'm gossiping, Flair was AMAZING. He'd meet a girl, walk out with her, and come back about an hour later, looking a bit messier than he did when he left. I only saw him do it twice on this night, but I've seen him do it three times.

*At which point Arn Anderson menacingly barked out "that's what the fuck you should have done in the first place and kept your goddamned money".

Speaking of Arn, when I asked how he was doing he got straight to the point. "I need to get laid TONIGHT- no bullshit. I've got enough cum built up to shampoo a moose". I was dying laughing and he looked at me and said "what, you've never heard that one before?".

No, I hadn't. Good times.

• 2 months later...

More NMB fun:

JHawk Dec 15 2006, 04:26 PM:

About the closest thing WWE has to a breakout superstar right now is CM Punk, and somehow I doubt he's ever going to get anything resembling the push Rodimer's due to get, no matter how over he already is with the WWE crowd.

DylanWaco responded with a comment about Punk's size being a hindrance.

Just like the debates about Danielson.

• 10 months later...

I was reading some DVDVR Workrate Reports that were still on The W, and dug TomK's comment about the Lesnar-Angle Iron Man match (which somehow I never read before until now):

TKG:I am of mixed feelings on the Iron Man match. Its no surprise to me when the WWF fucks up with a guy like Rick McGraw, Taylor, Vader, Benoit, Rey, etc...I expect that, that's the way the WWf works. I have been surprised lately as the WWF has blown their stuff with Nathan Jones and the Three Minute Warning. The WWF specializes in finding ways to use those guys effectively in matches. When they no longer can do that, they're fucked. What I kind of liked about this match was that it really layed out smartly for Nathan Jones vs. Jamal. Unfortunately, they ran it with Lesnar and Angle.

I'm glad this thread got bumped since I kind of have a bone to pick with the TNA Workrate Reports that talk about the supposed ease with which one can find Korean girls with implants in Orlando. Um, Orlando doesn't have a very large Korean population at all. I think tomk might have confused Orange County, Florida with Orange County, California.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been to Orlando once. My jokes weren't about there being a large Korean community in Orlando but rather Orlando being a place with a big entertainment tourism economy that attracts multiethnic "enhanced" "talent" from accross the state (and probably country).

I didn't go to too many attractions while there but I think there were several Korean American women working at the Holy Land Experience (preposterous theme park built on idea of recreating Biblical Israel in Orlando), bunch advertised on that strip that seems to be mostly strip and Kiwanis clubs, and a bunch working in various hostess roles at convention center.