Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

C.S.

Members
  • Posts

    8950
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by C.S.

  1. This book is currently $1.99 on Kindle: The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made I've never even seen The Room (I've heard of it, of course), but the free sample chapter captured me instantly.
  2. I don't think they'll really put Jack Gallagher with The Vaudevillians, nor would I want them to, but anyone who doesn't see the resemblance is being purposely obtuse. This speculation about Aiden English and the Guerrero family seems really weird to me. He married into it, that's it. Doesn't mean he's suddenly a Guerrero now. If English is fired tomorrow, Vince would be in no way reneging on whatever promise he supposedly made to take care of the Guerrero family.
  3. Meet the newest member of The Vaudevillians (my guess anyway):
  4. C.S.

    Wrestlemania

    To be fair, he seemed bombed during the Stone Cold Podcast, and that was right after a Raw, so I doubt he was. I think "seeming bombed" is just his natural mode of expression.
  5. C.S.

    Wrestlemania

    Posted by Reno Anoa'i on Facebook, so I assume the Instagram belongs to him too. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1708061282820243&id=100008491628599
  6. C.S.

    Wrestlemania

    thesamoandynasty To be chosen by the phenom himself is the ultimate respect and it speaks volumes to the hard work of the Anoa'i Family in this business. #Yokozuna #Samu #Rikishi BSK! Get it now?? https://www.instagram.com/p/BScH9NXhYBL/
  7. Wrong thread - please delete!
  8. He is?!
  9. I'll be happy if it doesn't go longer than two hours. That's my only expectation for this show.
  10. BTW, El-P isn't the only one who doesn't know Jinder Mahal's name. https://youtu.be/_KMgJXeK1Gg?t=379 (Go to 6:19 if the video doesn't take you there automatically.)
  11. Hahaha, yeah, Wee-LC was a crazy spectacle. I think most people at the time weren't expecting anything, and it ended up being a really memorable match. Sadly, it turned out to be pretty much the last hurrah for Hornswoggle and El Torito, who were released less than a year later, I think. 3MB's presence would have been somewhat noticeable if you were watching regularly at the time, but going in cold as you did, yeah, I can see how you wouldn't think much of their involvement. Long story short, they were a fun, wacky, and memorable JTTS group. People were going nuts over Heath Slater's push and title reign last year precisely because he has been so entertaining for so long without ever being rewarded for it. Truthfully, Jinder was the weak link of 3MB - both Slater and Drew McIntyre had/have much more upside.
  12. Relax, El-P - I don't think you're a horrible racist and never thought that's how your post sounded, just that your choice of words was clumsy and misleading. Understood about not knowing every JTTS over the past 15 years, but in all fairness, 3MB (Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, and that pale Scottish guy) was a pretty memorable act. I get it if you don't watch the weekly shows, but you don't at least remember the Wee-LC match, which aired on PPV? 3MB was heavily involved in that.
  13. Lawler's less of a host than he is, as someone else here suggested elsewhere, a master of ceremonies. He just introduced people, basically. The show is long enough, he or whoever hosts doesn't need monologues. This night isn't about cutting promos, it's about people's careers. That gets lost on the audience unfortunately. Oh, I agree. I'm just saying, Lawler seemed less spirited this year. Maybe it's just me? Regardless, I would never want to replace him - someone who obviously cares - with a celebrity who would be faking it, or worse, unable to hide his/her lack of interest. Meltzer's saying he heard Steamboat tell the same story about lifting a stack one-handed in the gym, but the first time it was about Lou Thesz Worker gonna work... BTW, the names Mando and Fando would be perfect for a lucha team.
  14. Except, Jinder Mahal is not new. He's been around for years. So, pretending he's some wet-behind-the-ears newcomer to justify calling him "that Indian guy" is a really weak argument. I'm not going to get all PC about it - I don't care that much - but that's a pretty bad and unconvincing defense.
  15. C.S.

    Mauro and JBL

    I've heard rumblings that Tom Phillips politicked his way into the Smackdown spot and is very political in general. I remember Rich Brennan's wife taking a shot at Phillips over just that after Brennan was fired. (Screencap because she erased the tweet eventually.) From Brennan himself: "Tom's a good announcer. He was competitive from day 1. He was in NXT before I was. Whatever the rumors are, I don't have any issues with Tom. There are politics involved in every business, and it's not something I got involved in. I went to work, did what I was told, did the best I could and tried to elevate people around me. I never tried to tie anybody down. As far as with Tom, I don't know if Tom has the power to determine if I was there. Maybe he does, I don't know." http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0712/613509/rich-brennan-on-scripted-segments/ As for JBL, this all feels like wild speculation. His "Bring It to the Table" rant was kind of bizarre, but it didn't feel entirely serious to me. Who knows though. Obviously, it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt considering his past history with Meanie, Styles, Lance Storm, etc. Anyway, there's a very easily solution to all of this: In the next draft, move Mauro over to Raw as Cole's replacement (since Cole has talked about wanting to step away from the booth and take on a behind-the-scenes role). Of course, I doubt Vince will ever "trust" Mauro to be the "face" of the announce table after missing WrestleMania because he was "too weak" to "conquer" his "pesky" mental health issues.
  16. Man, tough crowd in here... I thought this was one of the best HOFs ever. I think you should watch it, El-P. Whoever suggested having someone like Dave Chappelle host the show...REALLY?! The last thing WWE needs is some disinterested celebrity pretending to give a shit. That would be a waste of everyone's time. At least Lawler cares, although I will admit he was more low key than I expected and I have to wonder if his heart was really into it this year. Still, he did an okay job. Did anyone really expect Cornette to shoot? This was obviously a "tryout" of sorts for when the Midnight Express and maybe even Cornette himself are inducted - no way was he going to screw that up. Speaking of "tryouts," I'm wondering if Beth Phoenix's induction will somehow set the stage for Chyna's - as odd as that sounds. Someone "acceptable" like Beth changing the focus of Chyna's legacy from drugs/porn back to how influential she was kind of plants some seeds for a future induction. Ricky Steamboat was terrible. The words of his speech were fine, but his delivery was sleep-inducing. Cena was an appropriate choice to induct Angle. If the shithead fans booed him, that's on them, not WWE or Cena. Ditto for anything with Reigns, even though showing him on camera so many times really did feel like deliberate trolling by WWE. Regardless, I personally think fans shouldn't be allowed to attend the HOF, because they add nothing to the proceedings and only slow down every speech with their chants (whether positive or negative). Bischoff, DDP, Nattie, and Beth had the best speeches of the night. Angle was fine and fun, but like Sting last year, it was a very surface-level speech. I wonder if he purposely kept it shorter than usual because it was so late. Either way, no one can accuse Kurt of lacking confidence in himself.
  17. But it is on Hulu the next day (granted, Raw is in abbreviated form). It seems no one fully read my post. I never said they shouldn't be on Hulu, YouTube, etc. - of course they should - but content should not be missing from the WWE Network. It's a reasonable expectation for the WWE Network to be a one-stop shop for WWE content. Don't see how that's "greedy."
  18. Another day, another trolling Sorrow post that completely misses the point. Plenty of reasons to prefer content on the Network: The Network on Roku, my Smart TV, etc. has a much better UI than YouTube. If you stop in the middle of a show, you can't resume on the YouTube app. Search on the YouTube app is much more laborious. Tons of big and little reasons like that. On the web, it's probably a wash. But I don't watch anything on a laptop screen. As for the argument that WWE gets more revenue on YouTube...honestly, I don't care. I don't give a single shit about that. As a consumer, all I care about is the product I'm paying for, which is the Network. I get why Raw and Smackdown aren't live on the Network, but it should be next day (again, I don't care about Hulu). There's zero reason for the Network not to be a one-stop shop for everything WWE. The fact that it still isn't after all these years is a massive failure and missed opportunity. I would never suggest that WWE shouldn't be on YouTube, Hulu, etc., but I don't see why those deals have to come at the expense of the Network. This Is Us is on both the NBC app and Hulu, for example.
  19. Pretty much how I feel about a lot of the YouTube-exclusive WWE content. So fucking silly and backward - and downright infuriating - for WWE not to have this shit on their own Network.
  20. I came in here to post the aforementioned Triple-Rock Ladder Match from SummerSlam too. I have no idea how it holds up now, but at the time, it felt like such a star-making match for both men - and in retrospect, I think it was exactly that. I don't think it's the greatest IC match ever, but it belongs on a list of good ones. I still say HBK-Razor at WrestleMania X was better than their SummerSlam rematch. WM X was "the first time" (I realize there were previous ladder matches, but 99% of us - including me - hadn't seen them) and you can never top the first time. Some other good ones: - Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty: The whole setup for Marty's surprise return and win was awesome. Won PWI MOTY too (I know, I know...) - The Miz's most recent reigns: I'm not sure how many great matches there were, but I remember liking what he did with Dolph (of all people). That feud somehow worked and felt intense.
  21. Facebook: Brad Maddox reacts Haven't watched this yet, so I don't know what he said.
  22. Callahan/Crowe is absolute garbage, and it's refreshing to see that viewpoint expressed by someone else too. Most of the internet treats him like this amazing talent. I sure as hell didn't see any evidence of that in NXT. He reminded me of Jericho taking the worst excesses of his early heel midcard character and ramping it up x100 with horrible mugging, bad facials, etc. (and I liked and still like Jericho, but nothing about his character was subtle back then). The real reason Paige isn't getting fired is because she's currently out with an injured neck. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. If she gets her shit together instead of constantly self-sabotaging her plum WWE dream job and overall career (and I don't mean the sex tape), all of this - including the tape - will be long forgotten by the time she's healthy and ready to come back.
  23. Didn't she deny this and these end up being proven as fakes? Or have real pics leaked out since then? They did this with Solomon Crowe (Sami Callahan) in NXT, but it went nowhere and he wasn't a good fit at all. Surprising, because he's an indy darling, but he didn't impress me one bit in NXT.
  24. This legit cracked me up. LOL. I meant re-design (just corrected my post), Hope that was obvious.
  25. I keep coming back to this. I know Maddox is an AV geek. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing he was known for producing elaborate pitch videos on developmental. But to me, this is actually the most legitimately shocking part of the whole thing. Even the belt thing you know had to have been routine in some form with wrestlers forever. But professionally lighting the video and shooting it with multiple cameras is not exactly the norm for this kind of thing. Are you guys suggesting Maddox leaked the tape? I haven't seen the tape, but I'm guessing all of this is much ado about nothing. The worst I see happening, based on what others have posted here about the tape's contents, is an NXT Women's Title redesign.
×
×
  • Create New...