-
Posts
18681 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by El-P
-
Well, telling hin to kill himself is a bit strong, but... Fuck the kid. John Word. Yesterday I nearly posted "CM Punk shouldn't had to apologize. Fuck gay basher trolls, 14 years old or kid or not. But he should have told him to suck cock instead.", then thought I would get hell for it. Damn, I'm still politically correct.
-
Good promo, but kinda ridiculous when he talks about how wrestling as turned into a complete circus. Meanwhile, WCW was just at its all time best with the Dangerous Alliance and tons of good wrestling on TV. From day one, you get the same feel as ECW : we are the real deal. But infact, the first episode of SMW looked like a summer of 1990 episode of WCW TV, which is not a compliment.
- 10 replies
-
- SMW
- February 1
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Agreed. The J.O.B Squad name was a little too shooty-shooty for me, but I was happy to see Snow, Holly and Scorp finally get an identity. These are three guys I would have loved to see in WCW instead at the same time.
-
Why is that ? (amazed that Scott Keith name is still thrown around in 2012 btw)
-
That wouldn't mean much.
-
By WM 13, he was already a dead issue. He was working a dark match while The Sultan of all people was getting an IC title match. He never even got one feud. He debuted in a messy Survivor Series match which also saw the debut of the Nation of Domination and a surprise guest in 60 years old Snuka. He was a complete afterthought from day one. They gave him two mediocre dancers and a pimp suit, and they did nothing else. I picture how awesome a heel Scorp in Charles Wright's pimp gimmick would have been.
-
FF through RAW, man, the evil boss gimmick is so played out beyind belief, and Laurinaitis is just grating in a terrible WWE "acting" way. Eve is a fox, whoever she is. The Funkasaurus gimmick is everything Flash Funk should have been. I'll never understand how they missed the boat with Scorp when it was so easy to get him over. How long before Tensai is gone ? He's not getting over and doesn't look very good. Enjoyed the handicap match though.
-
I FF through Raw (I still can't handle most of what constitute the product). Man, Heyman never looked young anyway (I'm gong through WCW 91, and to think he was 26 then is head scratching), but he looks old, much older than his actual age. He can still cut a damn good promo and sounds better and more natural and anyone on the roster. Heyman back on TV is good. Some continuity from WWE, it's rare enough.
-
Made an appearance ? Where ? I was a huge Bloody fan. One of my all time favourite worker. I really enjoyed Kusogi too, she really could have become something special as a worker I think if she didn't retired so soon. Loved Yabushita & Sakai too, especially Yabushita. Jd' is the great lost promotion. What Dan said. Kazama just wasn't a big star at the level of Hokuto or Kandori. She pushed herself a bit too much at times because she was Da Mistress of LLPW. The fact that Hokuto carried her to her best match ever says a lot about Hokuto at that point, because Kuzama wasn't a very good worker.
-
From Halloween Havoc/ Clash 17, WCW quickly gets really good, with the implement of Rick Rude and Steamboat adding workrate + star power. But if there's one stain on the product at this point, it's the Patriots vs Young Pistols feud. Bad matches every week on TV. And it's not like it's all Patriots sucking, which they do, it's also the Young Pistols not being very good in this role. Smothers was always better than Armstrong and he shows that he can be a good heel there, but from the awesome Southern Boys matches in late 1990 to this, it's a huge drop in the work of both guys. Obviously opposing a good team it wouldn't be so flagrant, but still, they stall way too much and don't deliver half as fun offense as they did as faces. Really, Larry Zbyszko in the Enforcers stalls less and brings work stuff to the table in terms of movez. Sometime Smothers bothered me with the stalling in ECW too (although the FBI gimmick made it a lot more tolerable as he was funny), and here it's getting really annoying against uninteresting faces like the Patriots. Loosing the Southern Boy identity already hurt them quite a bit, but the heel turn really killed them dead.
-
In the immortal words of Daniel Bryan : YES ! YES ! YES !!!!!!!!!!
-
Try calling it "the WWE" like everyone else does, that might help. The WCW. The SummerSlam. Bret Hart's spirit lives.
-
[1995-04-29-WCW-Saturday Night] Diamond Dallas Page vignette
El-P replied to Loss's topic in April 1995
I'm going through WCW TV 91, and actually, on his very first TV match, Page is referred to by Jim Ross as DDP once, probably because Page was wearing a belt with "DDP" on it. Funny fact, he was teaming with Scott Hall as the Diamond Exchange, and one of the jobber (with offense) they faced was Brian Lee.- 6 replies
-
- WCW
- Saturday Night
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
[1994-03-27-AJW-Wrestling Queendom] Manami Toyota vs Plum Mariko
El-P replied to Loss's topic in March 1994
Oh yeah, that is one of the impossible dream match too. Plum would have been been awesome in ARSION. Great match. I loved this one so much. That's the one I was referring too. I knew you would know about it.- 15 replies
-
And it still doesn't sound right.
-
[1994-03-27-AJW-Wrestling Queendom] Manami Toyota vs Plum Mariko
El-P replied to Loss's topic in March 1994
Indeed, Plum was the polar opposite of Toyota, but she could work go-go-go too if needed. But her main style was matwork and submission. My memory is fuzzy, but I'm sure FLIK can direct to some good mat oriented matches with Plum. I think there's a cool Plum vs Bolshoi match somewhere.- 15 replies
-
They're hardcore ! They're hardcore ! Theyr're hardcore ! Ok, this is getting *really* pathetic guys. This has the infamous "Heroes of wrestling" PPV vibes.
-
The Main Event :
-
Nope. It's the big money comeback, as Sarkozy already beat Ségolène Royal 5 years ago, and Ségolène is François Hollande's ex wife. Yeah, it's Kevin Sullivan like booking here ! Of course it would have been even better if Ségo made a heel turn and joined Hollande, but instead they turned some mid-carders like Eric Besson (who turned into a fantastic racist heel), former humanitarian Bernard Kouchner and even Frédéric Mitterand (the nephew of former socialist president François Mitterand), which gained tons of support heat for Sarko, who didn't need it anyway. We got through a 5 year heat sequence, and only now Hollande will hulk up and will probably (please please please!) make a clean swipe and kick the asses of the evil cohorts of Sarko next Sunday !
-
That's not exactly a new thing with Lance. Wasn't he arguing a long time ago that Great Sasuke and Toshiaki Kawada weren't very good workers and that people who did the DVDVR 500 had no business talking about wrestling because they never got inside a ring ? Why is Lance Storm giving his opinion every two weeks on F4online anyway ? What has made him such a great wrestling analyst to begin with ? He sure wasn't a very good worker, he wasn't a good promo at all, he never drew shit, his biggest claim to fame is being carried by Justin Credible in ECW and be a multiple champion in Russo's WCW, helped by the presence of a pair of boobs at his side on both occurences (I guess to hide his total absence of charisma or personnality) . Never did much of anything that is particulary famous even on a cult level. I mean, Lance seems like a good guy, was probably very safe to work with, but I don't see exactly where he's coming from. But I'm narrow minded.
-
The François Hollande vs Nicolas Sarkozy debate was pretty awesome. 3 hour + of dogfighting. Sarko was a great heel, he showed quite a bit of ass and came off like an asshole. Did a few comedy spot a la Arn Anderson, tripping on the French language a few times. Cut some good promos with *lies*, which is what heel do. Hollande was a bit tiedous at first, but made some great fiery comeback and cut an awesome promo, overall he showed much more class and came off as the Man more than his opponent. I'd say Sarko did the job in the end.
-
Sounds awesome. Falir showing up and hooking up with Woman in ECW in 94 would have been gold.