Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam

Loss

As well as they have promoted this main event, if PPV numbers stay down and this doesn't draw well, I'm not sure what match they could put together that would draw at this point.

I don't know how they're going to book the main event, but the challenge is that the match needs to go pretty long since it's elimination rules and if you want one winner at the end, you need 13 decisions. But I also know most of these guys are pretty green. This may really be a case where Pat Patterson needs to book one of his sprawling match layouts in a way to keep the length of the match intact while hiding that the Nexus guys are all pretty green.

If they can figure that out, I really think the match should go 1-hour+, when you add in intros, the match itself, and any post-match angle, which I'm sure will happen. Realistically, I expect the match to go more like 30 minutes and maybe take 45-50 minutes of PPV time with intros and the post-match.

Also, I don't expect it, and I'm not the first to say it, but with the match being 7-on-6 and Miz teasing helping the WWE side, there's a great opening for Bryan Danielson to attack Miz in the aisle and make everyone think he's with Nexus, then join the WWE side. I don't really think that's going to happen, but this would be the time to do it.

I really think the conclusion of Raw this week was the most heated and well-built segment I've seen on WWE TV in years, so I'm hoping that this is successful and that building matches this way will spill over into other stuff when it's proven successful.

I think there is a chance that Miz cashes in MITB early in the night and then comes out to be the seventh man only to turn heel on the WWE guys and be revealed as the ring leader of Nexus. I also think there is a chance Miz cashes in, comes out, helps team WWE and Cena walks out on the team causing them to lose.

I was thinking the same thing about Danielson coming back at the show. Only not using the Miz, but rather just another random WWE guy like Mark Henry. Cena does the turn during the match a la Austin at InVasion, only for Danielson to come back and join team WWE.

I doubt it'll happen though, since Danielson has indy bookings, at least until September.

I'm sure if it came down to it, even indy darling Bryan Danielson would choose working Summerslam over whatever promotion he's booked for next month. Not saying I think he's going to show up, but I wouldn't consider his indy bookings as ironclad proof he won't.

I'm not suggesting that the indy dates he's booked for are keeping Danielson out of the WWE. But the other side of the coin, that if Danielson were WWE-bound, he'd not be booked for podunk indy feds for dates after Summerslam.

Mike Johnson heavily hinted that Danielson is WWE bound and that is exactly the reason why he hasn’t taken bookings past mid-September.

WWE has done an amazing job building intrigue for the main event: who is the 7th guy?, who will turn?, how long will the WWE coalition last? is this the start of the departure storyline for Jericho? etc.

I think the GM will forced Miz to join Team WWE only for him to "turn" on Team WWE to lead or make Nexus his private army with Wade taking the pin.

As I told Bix last night I know this means TOTALLY NOTHING AT ALL but Danielson canceled his indy booking in New York tonight citing "family scheduling conflicts" and has no booking for Sunday.

Does anyone think he will put some fan's noses out of joint by "lying about his family" if does show up?

They'd probably be more angry about Danielson "selling out" and leaving the indies for the WWEvil Empire again. I've seen plenty of comments from dumbass kiddie smarks who think Danielson was somehow sticking it to The Man or something by going on this whirlwind indy tour.

Putting money in the pocket is a family commitment.

But some of Bryan's fans deify the guy in terms of upholding an ethical standard. I remember reading that someone on the ROH board responded that he signed with WWE last year with "but he reads Chomsky!"

Adding fuel to the fire, WO is reporting WWE is specifically checking for Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson signs and that no one was allowed in the arena during the run through of the main event other than the people in the match due to "a big surprise" for the main event.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/summerslam/exclusives/15381204

LOS ANGELES - The Miz really milked it. The United States Champion and Mr. Money in the Bank thought that he had Team WWE by the short and curlies. Before the 7-on-7 Tag Team Elimination Match, Miz even insisted on John Cena and Bret Hart begging him to join them.

While Cena did appear on the TitanTron to address Miz, he wasn’t there to stroke The Cleveland Screamer’s ego. Instead, he informed the entire WWE Universe that Team WWE’s seventh man would be none other than a former member of The Nexus, Daniel Bryan.

A humiliated Miz, Bryan’s former WWE Pro on season one of WWE NXT, went apoplectic at being slighted and let everyone within earshot know of his dissatisfaction. As for Bryan, he had one word to describe the development: Awesome!

They have to be working the net? They cant be this dumb?

Dave on the latest Observer Radio defending John Cena is kind of hilarious. Bryan made mention of how everyone on the board hates Cena now because of him always being booked as Superman, and Dave's defense is Cena doesn't book the matches so you can't blame him. He seemed to miss the point entirely that people hate Cena because of the booking, not because anyone thinks he had anything to do with it.

After this and the constant "aw shucks he doesn't want you all to know all the nice stuff he does" reporting in the WON, I'm wondering is Cena his new WWE source or did he rescue Dave's family from a burning building or something?

with Nexus going over so strong the last couple of months and with Cena doing a handful of jobs lately I was kind of expecting Cena to go over

that's just the way WWE books

Yeah this. The hype was pretty bold and unique, that it fooled people into believing the match result would be similar. Given that it was an invasion angle, it was inevitable that team WWE would be put over strong, if not this month, then the next one.