Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-12-16-WCW-Nitro] Sting and NWO Sting

Loss

• 2 months later...

It's supposed to be Sting vs Rick Steiner. Sting starts in the rafters and comes through the crowd. Or so we think, as it's the NWO Sting. He and the real Sting end up in the ring at the same time, and Sting lays out the impostor. He then gives Rick Steiner his baseball bat and takes off.

These segments were cool at first, and were way overdone within a few months.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The announcers looks stupid not recognizing the real Sting. And yeah, as cool as those were, they overstayed their welcome after a while. Well, this time, a nWo guy feels the wrath of Sting. The inverted DDT was a great idea for a finisher, it completed Sting new fresh image.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I guess I could see if NWO STing was the in the rafters, Tony and Bobby could be a bit confused but yeah with both in the ring and them questioning who is who felt more tone deaf than JJ the next year not realizing which match Sting wants. Sting vs Fake Sting didn't get a great reaction in the ring at first until Sting does the Scorpion Death Drop. This probably should have stopped the impostor Sting angle for good.

• 4 months later...

I haven't seen much WCW TV other than what I'm watching on this Yearbook, but if these things become overdone it hasn't gotten there yet; this was a great angle and really adds to the excitement of the WCW product. WCW TV from the Outsiders to the end of 96 has to be the most genuinely exciting and intriguing wrestling television ever.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-12-16-WCW-Nitro] Sting and NWO Sting