Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-04-03-USWA-TV] Interview: Scotty Flamingo

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought this fun and Flamingo did a good job presenting himself and his stable that he was in as big time. Count me in that I liked the Flamingo gimmick better. Though I like it more as a mid card heel gimmick. I still never quite got the Raven gimmick.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Scotty Flamingo is in Memphis! The First Family consists of himself, Brian Christopher, Mike Samples, and the Harlem Knights. Jerry Lawler's jaw has so much glass in it, he oughta be a chandelier! Flamingo drops some rhymes on us (I think he used the same rap, verbatim, when feuding with Men on a Mission) and this was pretty entertaining. I was always a fan of Flamingo's, even during his cheesy feud with Johnny B. Badd and the Clash boxing match. He's funny here without letting the comedy overwhelm the issue--the formation of this new stable and his Unified World title challenge. At some point, Levy became all about either Polo's comedy or Raven's poetic musings instead of cutting money promos.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I like Flamingo better than Raven too; at least I understand what the hell Flamingo's talking about most of the time. Of course, he has no chance against Lawler, but he could be a force in Memphis a rung or two down the ladder.

The thing that struck me most is that he insulted the crowd's teeth, then deftly segued into the promo before Dave could take his momentum away by scolding him. Levy knows when to let a straight man set him up and when to carry the ball himself, which is a skill a lot of younger guys don't have, even in '93.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-04-03-USWA-TV] Interview: Scotty Flamingo