Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-05-29-SMW-TV] Down and Dirty: Rock & Roll Express and Tammy Fytch

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ricky & Robert are once again SMW Tag Team Champions, and in the process they've eliminated Stan Lane. Cornette is bringing a new mystery team to take care of them (but don't get excited--it's Ron & Don Harris). Tammy Fytch (Dutch: "Her name is Fytch, with an L") comes out to make them an offer--obviously the Rock 'n Rolls don't know much about business. Rock and roll is out, and rap is in! Dutch points out that Hillary Clinton took a nobody to the White House. Ricky responds with the Wayne Campbell "we're not worthy!" and the R'nRs take a hike.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Morton says for the last seven years they’ve been trying to get rid of the Midnight Express and then the Heavenly Bodies and after all the blood, sweat and tears, Stan Lane is out of here. Dutch tells them to hold on as there is a new, big team being bought into the area by Jim Cornette and he is keeping their identity a secret. He says they can be 300lbs, they can be known all over the world and while there is nothing they can do about Cornette bringing them in to jump on them, there is a lot they can do about getting them off. They are then joined by Tammy Fytch (‘with an L’) and she says that now they have won the tag team titles they need someone to manage them, preferably with a good business mind because they clearly don’t know much about business. ‘Rock & Roll is out, Rap is in!’ She says just sign a contract with her and with her brains. Knowledge and business mind she will take them all the way to the top. Dutch reminds the Rock & Rolls that her idol is Hilary Clinton; she took a nobody all the way to the White House and he thinks she may do a lot of good for them. They turn her down and when Dutch asks her what she thinks of that she tells him to shut up and storms off.

• 9 months later...

Some parts of this swegment don't hold up logically. First, why would Corny bring in a brand new team to take out Rock 'n' Roll if he just unveiled Del Ray as the newest Body? It seems like a bit of overkill, especailly since there isn't another major face team to pit either the Harrises or the Bodies against except for the Armstrongs. My guess is that the Bodies will probably be fighting the Armstrongs a lot in the near future, while Rock 'n' Roll keep busy with Ron 'n' Don.

Second, how can Tammy promise to take Ricky and Robert to the top when they're already there? I know it's a standard promo line heel managers use when they're trying to recruit clients, but they should have modified the spiel a bit so Tammy didn't look like a dumb, clueless blond. (Or, worse yet, blind; the belts are right there in plain sight around Rock 'n' Roll's waists.) What's the matter with, "Now that you've won the belts (which Tammy notices, come to think of it), you need my guidance to keep them."

Ricky and Robert as rappers? It would have been something to see........once. Just like Ricky and Robert channeling ​Wayne's World.

Line of the segment: Dutch, after Tammy tells him to shut up: "I think my first wife told me that". Honorable mention also goes to Dutch for calling Bill Clinton a nobody whom Hlllary took to the White House. Nice to have you back, Dutchman!

• GSR changed the title to [1993-05-29-SMW-TV] Down and Dirty: Rock & Roll Express and Tammy Fytch