Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-02-01-USWA-TV] The Moondogs vs Chris Frazier & Brian Collins

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

The dogs win in under 30 seconds then stiff their opponents with chair shots after the match. Richard Lee is no longer covered in bandages, but is sporting a rather nasty looking 'burn' to the side of his face. A few other jobbers try to come to Frazier and Collins' aid but they receive the same treatment I think only a couple of these made the Yearbook, but these brutalisation of the jobbers were a weekly occurrence. The worse stuff are the the ones where you actually see the bruises, cuts, welts etc from all the stiff chair shots. Guess these poor guys weren't getting paid much either!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a wonder Frazier is even still walking. Between being beaten up by the Moondogs weekly to being Eric Embry's personal whipping boy in 91 and getting piledrived from the top rope.

Frazier was always Shinya Hashimoto's punching bag when he was in Memphis too. He would totally amp up the beating Hashimoto style whenever he was matched up with Frazier

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A scarred (PERMANENTLY DISFIGURED) Richard Lee takes his frustrations out on two jobbers. The USWA desk is thrown into the ring and these two guys are brutalized with chair shots. This is sick but I think this is relatively tame compared to some other Moondogs squashes of this time period. Frazier must not be one of those guys who got on Jerry Jarrett's bad side and had to pay to get destroyed on TV.

• 2 years later...

A shining example of what the Dogs are capable of, as the entire studio is basically trashed. There's definitely the feeling than anyone in the area, including Dave and Corey, could be brutalized at any time.

One thing that always amuses me about Memphis announcing is that the announcers, whoever they are, continue to believe that if the heels are reasoned with for long enough, they'll stop their actions and leave the studio peaceably. It tickles me that while Spotty, Spike, and Lee are trashing these two poor slobs and threatening to do the same to anyone else who displeases them up to and including Eddie Marlin and Jerry Jarrett, Dave and Corey are saying things like "Okay, Richard, you won the match, get 'em outta here!" Like the Moondogs give one inkling of a damn about winning matches. Their matches are basically excuses to vandalize the studio and/or arena which they're appearing in, nothing more or less. Not that I expect anything to change; Memphis's slavish devotion to its format (at least on the surface) is what makes the inevitable chaos so delicious. But there are times it's worthy of a good-natured belly laugh, and this is one of them.

How many spare desks did WMC have for its wrestling studio? To hear Dave tell it, thanks to the Dogs they've used up their supply until at least the year 2000!

• 2 years later...

I hope they paid these guys an extra couple bucks or something for getting beaten like this. And apparently this wasn't even one of the bad ones. Being a Memphis jobber is not on mys list of dream jobs. The Moondogs tear the studio up as only they can and it is a treat to watch despite what the jobbers had to be thinking.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-02-01-USWA-TV] The Moondogs vs Chris Frazier & Brian Collins