Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-03-14-SMW-TV] Interview: Ron Wright & Dirty White Boy

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

So THERE'S Tony Anthony. His woman is getting kissed in Memphis while he's hanging out with Ron Wright in Tennessee. Yay awesome yearbook segue! DWB introduces himself to the SMW audience by pledging his allegiance to Wright and vows to make it to the top of SMW.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This was pretty cool, having the DWB involved in two storylines in two companies playing different characters on the same day. Ron Wright is such an interesting character to me, what he's doing is unlike anything I've ever seen before in wrestling. I really like when he shows up.

• 1 year later...

Ron Wright has finally found someone to manage! This will make his trips to the hospital a success and he may even have to have open heart surgery, but the Dirty White Boy has made it all possible. Anthony can't believe that none of the wrestlers would step up and help such a great legend as Mr Wright, whilst Wright says he'll be up and out of this wheelchair in no time after the surgery.

• 4 months later...

Tony's back in his real element here, as he's a great natural heel just like Ron. The great thing is that this partnership would last even after Tony turned face in '93, which is a rarity for wrestler/manager combinations, and they were just as good on the face side fighting Tammy Fytch and Corny. For now, though, they're focused on making enough money to get Ron his various operations and taking Tony to the top of SMW. I really enjoyed them on Will's SMW set, and I'm looking forward to doing so again here.

Pete, I asked this question once on Kayfabe Memories, and I was told that there was little to no overlap between Memphis (USWA) TV and Knoxville (SMW) TV. Memphis is West Tennessee, Knoxville is East Tennessee. If there had been a whole lot of overlapping markets, I'm sure they would have had Tony at least mention why he was with a heel like Ron, especially when his wife was still being terrorized by the likes of Eric Embry back in Memphis.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-03-14-SMW-TV] Interview: Ron Wright & Dirty White Boy
  • 1 year later...