Pro Wrestling Only

Is anyone a "draw" anymore?

Jingus

Guest Nell Santucci

And eventually the discussion will shift to Kane's strengths as a draw to tie everything together.

LOL, this could get ridiculous. Well, the bright side is my hunting for the Demolition v. Brainbusters match was inspired by the Demolition thread.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vince is a "genius" shit gets tossed around a lot, but it really must take a special kind of genius to look at the Sheepherders and say, "I'm gonna make you two into delightful babyfaces!" and make it work.

Isn't it basically the same thing he did with Jim Duggan? Taking badass brawlers and turning them into a kid-friendly comedy act?

WWE Hacksaw was not that great a difference from UWF Hacksaw.

The Sheepherders were creepy as hell. I remember being a little kid and they scared the shit out of me. They did not look like wrestlers, they looked like weathered old convicts, who would stab you with a screwdriver.

The idea Vince even thought to turn them into cartoon good guys is amazing.

The Vince is a "genius" shit gets tossed around a lot, but it really must take a special kind of genius to look at the Sheepherders and say, "I'm gonna make you two into delightful babyfaces!" and make it work.

Isn't it basically the same thing he did with Jim Duggan? Taking badass brawlers and turning them into a kid-friendly comedy act?

Again, the difference was making Duggan just a bit more kid friendly..and taking two guys who were known as bloody evil heels who'd tear your face off and eat it into friendly goofballs and make them more money then they ever saw before that.

There was also another key factor to this. Aging brawlers being offered a chance to extend their career with comedy acts that would require less bumping.