Pro Wrestling Only

Legends of Wrestling (WWE) - NWO

Smack2k

OK,

If anyone has heard the WWE NWO Legends of Wrestling show, its a great show, with one GLARING issue...

Nash is very good in this and honest, but when discussing plans after the finger poke of doom, he mentions plans to have Goldberg run through the NWO before he hurt his arm breaking the windows in the limo..

One BIG issue, the fingerpoke was 1/4/99, the Goldberg incident was 12/23/99....He skips 11 months of WCW (which were HORRIBLE) in between with no explanation of what happened and why what their "plan" was never happened right after the fingerpoke...so it lost a ton of credibility to me after that.

Anyone else see this?

I mentioned this show in Bix's greatest cons thread, after Nash's story about Bischoff freaking out when JR said that he was bringing Diesel and Razor back, and giving them huge raises to sign iron clad contracts.

I never bought that, because how could Hall and Nash have just left a few months after debuting?

Yeah, some of that other stuff was strange...

But he did mention they were on a "deal memo" so when Bischoff heard Ross say he was bringing them back, he freaked and wanted them to sign full deals, so they asked for more money to do it...

Their deal to make as much as the highest guy at all times was a GREAT deal for them....I think anyone would take it for what they got...

How they handled it....in the ring and caring about the sport wise?.....that is another story!

OK,

If anyone has heard the WWE NWO Legends of Wrestling show, its a great show, with one GLARING issue...

Nash is very good in this and honest, but when discussing plans after the finger poke of doom, he mentions plans to have Goldberg run through the NWO before he hurt his arm breaking the windows in the limo..

One BIG issue, the fingerpoke was 1/4/99, the Goldberg incident was 12/23/99....He skips 11 months of WCW (which were HORRIBLE) in between with no explanation of what happened and why what their "plan" was never happened right after the fingerpoke...so it lost a ton of credibility to me after that.

Anyone else see this?

I thought the plan was to make Hogan champ and run Hogan vs. Flair for the aborted NBC special and have Goldberg disappear into the mid-card.

I think Bischoff giving Hall and Nash raises as a response to the Fake Deisel-Razor angle is semi-verified, but I'm not sure they had to sign an extension or anything. I believe it was just Bischoff's horribly inefficient and dumb way of showing that they were WCW company men who weren't about to jump ship. (This is the guy who gave relative unknowns Guerrero and Jericho swank six-figure contracts off the bat without them even really having to ask.)

OK,

Anyone else see this?

I thought the plan was to make Hogan champ and run Hogan vs. Flair for the aborted NBC special and have Goldberg disappear into the mid-card.

You nailed it!!! Cause that was SOO much better than Nash's "plan"

I still wonder though if Goldberg didn't slice him arm up, if the 2000 plan, which looked to be what Nash had said about early 99 would have done well..

I think it would have....but without Goldberg and Bret back to back....it was over from the start..

I still think its one of wrestling's great mysteries as to what MAY have happened with NWO 2000...They knew they were getting killed in rating, so maybe they do go the Goldberg goes through everyone route on the way back to the title with some great undercard possibilities as well, even without the Radicals.

"Goldberg was gonna blast through the NWO and get the belt back, but then he cut his arm and was on the shelf" is an annoyingly common lie among that particular group. Hogan has said it, also. But these are the same guys who will say things like "Undertaker broke my neck with his tombstone piledriver during a match in Japan in 1973". Wrestling liars are sometimes infuriating. They'll tell you a pathetically obvious mistruth, one which can easily be destroyed with nothing more than the first five hits from a Google search about the topic; but they still genuinely expect you to believe them, just because.

I remember at the time of the Fingerpoke of Doom how Nash's explanation was that it was the only way he'd ever get to be WCW and WWF champ. Weirdly, I bought it at the time.

Which completely ignores the fact that he quickly had another, longer WCW title reign just a few months later. Didn't he also win it briefly in 2000?