Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Woman has purchased time on the Louisville Slugger tonight. She wants Ric Flair to come out and look her in the eyes and tell her no. Flair comes out quickly and tells her as respectfully as possible that if she wants to do something outside of wrestling, they can do that. But he's adamant that the Horsemen don't mix business with pleasure. Woman insists that he look her in the eyes and say the word no. She also says she will be at the Clash, but walks off before he can give an answer. Good segment.

Cornette is sporting a hot pink cover on his tennis racket to go with his pink jacket. I get the effect that they're going for and he can't talk about her the way he did Baby Doll, but seeing this character fawn all over Woman is all kinds of jarring. Meanwhile Woman is sporting leather dominatrix gear and is telling Cornette that he's going to do exactly what she tells him, and that she wants Ric Flair to come out and tell her no--the subtletly to all this is staggering. I'm all for it. Ric shoots her down again but she promises to be at the Clash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cornette's "big brown ... *glances at the breasts* ... eyes" was quite funny. He looks like such a gimpy geek standing next to Woman in the leather.

His shocked expression at the end was also quite funny. I don't think they are necessarily going for a gay angle with him, but that he's definitely not one of the cool kids -- which when he's standing next to Flair is more than obvious.

Woman and Flair both play their parts well, but I agree with the general sentiment that it needs to move on now.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It would have been interesting to see Arn and Ole come out instead of Flair, since this "arrangement" that Woman seems to be going for affects them as much as Flair. It would have also been a nice change of pace, as this is the third time we've seen almost this exact confrontation, the second time on the Slugger. I'm guessing that Woman tempting Ric is supposed to be some kind of subtle foreshadowing of the heel turn, but maybe that's just hindsight.

• 11 months later...

It would have been interesting to see Arn and Ole come out instead of Flair, since this "arrangement" that Woman seems to be going for affects them as much as Flair. It would have also been a nice change of pace, as this is the third time we've seen almost this exact confrontation, the second time on the Slugger. I'm guessing that Woman tempting Ric is supposed to be some kind of subtle foreshadowing of the heel turn, but maybe that's just hindsight.

Yeah good call. I always love Arn talking to a woman.

• 1 year later...

Jim Cornette had some idea about who he wanted as a guest but a couple of days ago Woman called him up and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, she bought the Louisville Slugger. Cornette introduces her and is salivating and probably having heart palpitations when he sees her come out with Nitron. Woman looks hot (I'm sure I've said that before!) and is almost falling out of her top here. Cornette doesn't want it to turn into an episode of the Dating Game like last time, he wants a straight interview, but Woman tells him he'll do exactly what she wants him too. Of course Corny will! She wants Ric Flair to come out her now, look her in the eyes, and tell her 'no'. Cornette's eyes are practically popping out now, but he tells her not to press a guy like Ric Flair for a definite answer. The Naitch joins them and Cornette doubts Ric will be able to look her in her big brown eyes (whilst his eyes are firmly fixed elsewhere!). Flair again tells her, and he is speaking for all of the Horsemen, to know the difference between work and pleasure. If they can work something out for outside of wrestling they've got a date right now, but as long as it's wrestling, they don't mix business and pleasure. Woman tells him that on February 6th she's going to be sitting front and centre, she's going to watch his every move and she wants him to tell her 'no' then. She'll see him at the Clash of the Champions. Cornette says that Flair either has nerves of steel, will of iron, or he's nuts to tell her no!

Really enjoyed the interplay between Cornette and Woman here, and Nancy's strongest promo so far. She looks incredible here and as I've said previously, no idea how Ric could say no to her!

• GSR changed the title to [1990-02-03-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Woman Wants Flair