Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-09-USWA-Championship Sports] Kerry Von Erich Hotline Commercial

Loss

• 1 month later...

"I'm Kerry Von Erich, and as you know, I don't have time to stop and talk to people at the Sportatorium." -- That quote makes me laugh every time

He shills his new hotline. He says he can be asked ANYTHING, and stresses it to a point that I think they were trying to get teen girls to call and have phone sex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Who the hell would be desperate enough for a friend to want to listen to Kerry's opinions on anything, wrestling included?

I wonder if he knew how he sounded when he stressed the word "anything". He does sound like he's soliciting phone sex, come to think of it, although I'm sure that wasn't his intent. Or maybe it was, who knows? It's hard to put anything past the Von Erichs.

The time for this, had the technology been more widely available, would have been 1984-85. By now, it seems more like the pathetic money grab that it almost surely was.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Kerry says that a lot of the time he doesn’t have time to stop and talk to people at the Sportatorium, but with the ‘Kerry Von Erich hotline’ you can ask him anything, and he means anything! Call 1-900-446-3434 to ask him a question or just hear his voice!

This one is definitely marketed towards the young females who might have a crush on Mr Von Erich!

• 2 months later...

So any time of day, Kerry is at the phones for the Hotline?!? Man, that guy is everywhere. Seriously, how long did this last before it went broke? Also, I agree that it definitely seems aimed at the young girls screaming for Kerry in the audience. Kinda creepy.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-06-09-USWA-Championship Sports] Kerry Von Erich Hotline Commercial