Pro Wrestling Only

Jimmy Savile, Chris Benoit.

Eduardo

So does BBC airing a tribute show to Jimmy Savile, knowing that he molested and raped so many children for decades, trump WWE airing a Chris Benoit tribute show? As far as "pro wrestlers that have done horrifying things" go, Savile might be number one in that category.

EDIT: Jimmy Savile 'engineered' his TV show to abuse children. That's so fucked up.

So does BBC airing a tribute show to Jimmy Savile, knowing that he molested and raped so many children for decades, trump WWE airing a Chris Benoit tribute show? As far as "pro wrestlers that have done horrifying things" go, Savile might be number one in that category.

EDIT: Jimmy Savile 'engineered' his TV show to abuse children. That's so fucked up.

The Daily Show did a report on this.

At 9 minutes in.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/...012-jon-meacham

Savile may be beyond comparison with Benoit.

I don't know what the US equivalent of someone like him would be but let's say -- I dunno, someone like Dick Cavett, at least in terms of stature.

The fact he had a pro wrestling career is very weird. This has obviously been one of the biggest news stories of the year here. Interested to know what sort of coverage it had in the US.

The Jimmy Saville story is closer to Mel Phillips being employed by the WWF for years while everyone snickered behind his back. I would still say the Benoit tribute was worse - it's one thing for hearsay and innuendo to swirl around someone's name, quite another when sources inside the police force have told you that he was guilty of murder and you're telling that to his parents many hours before Raw aired.

To me it would like if the 1993 Lawler allegations were true. Lawler has a little bit of that 70s cheesyness about him that Saville had.

You can blame the Benoit thing in part at least on grief and heat of the moment. The Saville thing had an insidious Catholic Church abuse style culture of silence about it.

You can blame the Benoit thing in part at least on grief and heat of the moment. The Saville thing had an insidious Catholic Church abuse style culture of silence about it.

I don't blame the performers for their tributes who didn't know any better, but I think company management's decisions weren't motivated by grief or the heat of the moment.

For Loss' benefit, Jimmy Saville was a DJ turned TV presenter most famous for hosting Top Of The Pops and Jim'll Fix It where he was a Santa Claus type figure making children's wishes come true.

In a sort of related story, the guy who does the voice of Elmo was accused of having a relationship with a minor earlier this week, but the minor later recanted the story.

Looks like a 2nd accuser is now accusing Kevin Clash of inappropriate behavior.

Kevin Clash, Elmo Puppeteer Resigns

Edited by Raging Noodles