Pro Wrestling Only

TLC 2012

goodhelmet

They have to pull the trigger on Dolph cashing in eventually or else he'll have to do it at Mania, no?

I think you may be forgetting Ziggler won it at the MITB ppv, which was in July (I think), and not Mania. Anyway, I'm really not the one to give a definitive answer because I've hardly watched any WWE in months. Definitely going to track down the TLC match, though.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty sure the crowd was chanting "we want Ricardo", not Ryder during the set up bit for the six man. Why would a Brooklyn crowd be behind a Long Island guy as a hometown hero? That's nuts. In no way do Brooklyn folks think a LI guy is "hometown." I'll go back and listen again, but the idea that a Brookyn crowd would be all about a Long Island guy is crazy talk. I actually thought JTG was gonna be the partner for a second. "Brooklyn, Brooklyn.."

One thing worth noting was how smart the Ziggler/Cena match was worked. I know Cena lost because of AJ, but it was a match set up to make Ziggler look like an equal. You expect Dolph to take ten thousand insane bumps in a match like that and he really didn't. He took a few shots, but nothing out of the ordinary or particularly crazy, which is how he needed work to look like a guy on Cena's level.

They have to pull the trigger on Dolph cashing in eventually or else he'll have to do it at Mania, no?

The deadline now is the following year's MITB PPV, isn't it?

Why would anyone in the world turn down a Wrestlemania Main Event?

Maybe Dusty if Kevin Sullivan blinded his sister, but past that.

I was pretty sure the crowd was chanting "we want Ricardo", not Ryder during the set up bit for the six man. Why would a Brooklyn crowd be behind a Long Island guy as a hometown hero? That's nuts. In no way do Brooklyn folks think a LI guy is "hometown." I'll go back and listen again, but the idea that a Brookyn crowd would be all about a Long Island guy is crazy talk. I actually thought JTG was gonna be the partner for a second. "Brooklyn, Brooklyn.."

Brooklyn is on Long Island.

I'm aware. I'm also aware of the fact that that people from Brooklyn tend to dislike people from the LI.

I'm aware. I'm also aware of the fact that that people from Brooklyn tend to dislike people from the LI.

It's a commuter heavy crowd and Ryder has been over like God at the last several MSG shows.

They were clearly chanting "We Want Ryder", so yes his goofy LI gimmick would have gotten over with the crowd.

Also funny how R-Truth got hurt in the only non Divas match on the card that didn't have a point where it looked like someone could die.

:lol: Fine, I just watched it again and it was "Ryder". I honestly didn't pick it up watching live. I guess my overwhelming feeling of "Bleh." about Ryder overtook my hearing.

Anyhoo, I thought the show was just top to bottom great. Even the Divas match had a good story behind it. Eve makes sure the "dancer" wins the Battle Royal so she has an easy defense, said dancer shows skill in the ring and frustrates the heel. In the end the experienced heel wins, but after being made to look like a fool for taking the dancing girl lightly.

The match wasn't much, but the story was good stuff.

Holy fuck that 6 man TLC was the griddiest, most violent WWE match since Cena/Lesnar. In fact, probably my second favorite WWE match this year after the fore mentioned Cena/Lesnar. Amazing put over of those guys. Nuclear crowd. Great big spots and holy shit moments. Shit kept moving and felt chaotic. Great story execution. Great selling. Great shit.

Cena/Dolph was really good top. I thought Cenas punches looked great here.

Ugh fuck the Undertaker at this point. Punks been so on fire with this run. I'd hate to see him lose to a half crippled zombie who will go away again for another year afterwards. There's no real gain for anyone there. I'd rather he stuck to working retired/semi retired Michaels/Helmsley types for one off epics. Who Punk faces does become an interesting question, though. They have like...no stars. Punk vs Orton? Sheamus? Rey? Been there, done that several times around. Could Punk vs Ryback be milked for that long? I'd rather Cena/Rock be non title, Ryback wins rumble, wins title off Punk at Mania.

Was thinking about Taker opponents some more and really, the options are so thin, you may HAVE to go with current roster guys who are hot. They already did Michaels and HHH twice...where do you go from here? Dust off Mick Foley? I still want to see Cena vs Taker, but Cena is locked into the Rock match. Punk is the hottest potential prospect and Taker NEEDS really hot opponents for his once-a-year spectacle to work at all at this point. I would say Taker vs Rybacl, but again, I don't see how that would benefit Ryback. He really needs strong wins. What makes Ryback special if he's just another guy to lose to the Undertaker at WM? I dunno. Could just be me.

I think it would work well too. I'm not sure they'd go that route, but Undertaker in the Walking Tall role is the best use of him now. I could see them thinking a tag match may dilute him.

Still, I have no idea how they're going to get Sheamus, Ryback, Ziggler, Bryan, Kane, Show, Del Rio, Orton, Cesaro and the returning Mark Henry in good spots on the show if they are dead set on doing HHH/Brock, Punk/Taker and Rock/Cena as the top three matches.

Matt, Austin had recent knee surgery, and also decided it doesn't make sense for him to do his comeback on a show that also has a Rock match. I agree with that too. If Austin's going to return, it really needs to be the single biggest thing on the show.

Bill Watts and Verne always came back in Walking Tall tags in the 80s! Maybe Taker could...

Yeah, I've got no idea.

I still half think they wanted to run Dolph vs face Miz for the world title. Shame about Austin since it felt like between twitter and the sit down interview they were stealth building for that. I don't think Punk can last another year and four months without the 2013-4 fans turning him again, to be honest.

People were clearly chanting for Ryder, you nitwit.