Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-02-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Ultimate Warrior

Loss

• 1 month later...

To prove that he can end careers, Warrior completely destroys the Brother Love set. He chases him all over the building and finally to ringside where he beats him up with a series of short clotheslines. Paramedics are out to take him away, and just like that, Brother Love is GONE. I liked the act, but it was about time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brother Love calls Warrior a has been. Warrior has ditched his patriotic look. Warrior is ready to end Savage’s career at WrestleMania but wants to end other careers too. He trashes the Brother Love show stage and then beats up Love in the ring. Goodbye Brother Love but you had this one coming.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There's really not much to say, except that Prichard's a far better man than me to take bumps like that from a worker renowned for being stiff and sloppy like Warrior was. This was an absolutely brutal beating to give to someone not used to taking one. I know Bruce probably learned the basics of bumping and selling from Dr. Tom at some point, but he wasn't wrestling on a nightly basis.

Vince and Piper were definitely having a great time, but I didn't notice any undue burials of Brother Love. I think there was always the option to bring him back as long as Bruce was under contract and the situation called for it. I guess this made way for Beefcake's Barber Shop after Mania, and given how mediocre Beefcake could be on the mic, plus the fact that Ed Leslie most likely had to avoid physical contact at the time to avoid knocking his face plates out of joint, we may be wishing for the return of the good Brother sooner than we think.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-03-02-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Ultimate Warrior