Pro Wrestling Only

The Best Match of this Wrestler......

jpchicago23

I'll second the tag match vs the Rockers from Mania VII.

I'll third this match. Terrific opening match.

And now, for something completely different, Astushi Onita. I won't be very original and go toward the 5/5/93 Terry Funk Kawasaki Stadium match.

I'm torn between the Funk match and that wild tag with Goto vs Kurisu and Dragon Master. The Funk match is a simple spectacle that's made special by big personalities but the tag is an insanely fun brawl. I've probably watched the tag a dozen times and it's something I often bust out when hanging out with friends who want to watch wrestling.

What's the best Tarzan Goto match?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Onita/Goto match in February of '91 that I would call the best match either guy had.

Ill go with Onita/Funk from 93 even though I don't recall anything about it. Just to move the thread along. Here's one with mixed emotions: Chris Benoit

There's SO many(I first became a huge fan when I saw DDP/Benoit US title match @ Superbrawl '98 but that can't be it). 1 of my personal favorites is the Unforgiven '02 match in LA since seeing these two guys live was awesome(but its not even one of their Top 5 matches together). 1000's to pick from but his *BEST* match has got to be vs. Sasuke @ J-Cup '94.

Certainly not his best per say, but still one of my all-time favourite : Benoit vs Kevin Sullivan, 96, bathroom brawl. Since Sullivan grew on me in ways I never expected, that would be it. I was growing a bit tired of über worker Benoit with a hundred back suplex and a thousand stiff chops by 2002, so the Sullivan one is more of my alley. More emotion that just crisp work.