Pro Wrestling Only

Where the Big Boys Play #42

Where the Big Boys Play #42 - Starrcade 89

Posted Image

Chad and Parv welcome Charles (aka Loss) to discuss the Iron Man tournament at Starrcade 89: Future Shock! Highlights include: Charles's background as a wrestling fan and the birth of the ProWrestlingOnly.com forums, imagining El Gigante vs. Zeus in 1989, the problem with Sting's wardrobe, does crowd heat affect how you rate a match?, a farewell to Tommy Young and thoughts on referees in general, and end of the show awards.

Thanks guys. I had fun doing this, and this was a good show to tackle. Anyone who wants to check out Starrcade '89 should make sure they pick up the PPV version. Chad's match of the night pick is edited to nothing on the commercial version.

Good show guys. "Santa Tully" is my new favorite fantasy angle.

This would have gotten over huge. Maybe on occasion you could do fantasy booking on PWO. Just as a change of pace.

I enjoy fantasy booking. I know some people hate it, but it's fun, especially when it's spread out over a long period of time. I'd be all for starting a folder here to let people go for it, but I know some people loathe it. I am sure there's a right and a wrong way to do it.

I agree with LOSS on other wrestling web site where it becomes a free for all on subjects non wrestling. Wrestling Classics is one of them, the political and off topic discussions there are a landmine. You don't agree with the status quo there you will be on the "HATE" list pretty quick.

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I've listened to all the shows. This one has been great. The last couple were really good because the sound quality has vastly improved. Kudos to you gents and keep up the great reviews.

• 3 months later...

another great podcast I listened to today guys, I enjoyed learning more about Loss & how this board all began & came about, great info, I thought this ppv was ok being as how it was tourney format based, I personally think when guys work 4 times in 1 night it kinda doesn't leave much room for great matches, nothing from this show ever stood out as unforgettable but all in all I thought the show was cool (being as tho I was 10 at the time LOL)

• 3 weeks later...

I jumped in and listened to this show first as I have a soft spot for Starrcade '89, as it was the first NWA/WCW VHS Commercial tape I got as a kid.

Great show, really enjoy the in depth analysis. What's great about discovering these pod casts recently is I have a wealth of stuff to come back too that won't age any more.